Brett Rogers: "None Of Those Guys Will Ever Fight Me" - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundedout45 View Post
Fedor didn't sub him because he didn't need to. Stopped him buddy. Did you watch Cain wreck 2 strikers in Kongo and Rothwell? And Mir outboxed Nog. Do you think he couldn't outbox a guy or that Werdum couldn't submit a guy who was working at Sams Club a year ago?
That's cool, so your counter-argument is that Rogers used to work a different job? I guess Rich Franklin is horrible, he used to be a math teacher. Or maybe Carwin is awful, he still works full time.

Rogers also has a mohawk, there's no way he could possibly beat masterful strikers like Mir.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
your gonna regret being on the Rogers bandwagon a year from now or flat out deny it. I wont bother argueing the silly logic that he could take Kongo out on the feet... and your a k1 fan huh?? I guess Rogers could go into K1 and just start busting heads huh?? lol what a joke, im not even gonna argue with you on this one, ill just sit back and let time do it's thing and prove you wrong, remember this thread plz

The reason Rogers seems to have an enormous respect for Cain is because he would get tooled by him.

Last edited by alizio : 12-02-2009 at 03:20 PM.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
your gonna regret being on the Rogers bandwagon a year from now or flat out deny it. I wont bother argueing the silly logic that he could take Kongo out on the feet... and your a k1 fan huh?? I guess Rogers could go into K1 and just start busting heads huh?? lol what a joke, im not even gonna argue with you on this one, ill just sit back and let time do it's thing and prove you wrong, remember this thread plz
You've got serious mental issues guy. If you can't watch the Arlovski fight, the Fedor fight, all his last opponents that he walked through, and say Rogers isn't talented... you have no fight experience and are clearly bias beyond belief.


I'll take a sigbet for whatever Rogers fight you feel appropriate. Maybe when he fights Werdum?

He's already steamrolled one UFC champion.


Quote:
and your a k1 fan huh?? I guess Rogers could go into K1 and just start busting heads huh??
What the hell does this even mean? MMAF needs an age limit, no thirteen year olds allowed.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
You've got serious mental issues guy. If you can't watch the Arlovski fight, the Fedor fight, all his last opponents that he walked through, and say Rogers isn't talented... you have no fight experience and are clearly bias beyond belief.


I'll take a sigbet for whatever Rogers fight you feel appropriate. Maybe when he fights Werdum?

He's already steamrolled one UFC champion.




What the hell does this even mean? MMAF needs an age limit, no thirteen year olds allowed.
again, personal insults from "Mr. Classy" who sends me neg reps with long explanations telling me not to personally insult ppl, it's not appropiate lol do you see what a hypocrite you are??

As for Rogers... you put it well... Fedor (who he lost to), AA (who he flashed KO'd cant gain much from that fight except he has exceptional punching power and AA has a glass jaw, already both known) and... how did you put it up there?? "all the last opponents".... good way to put it, because they dont deserve names. Rogers isnt a bottom of the barrel HW, he just isnt anynear the the top and he wont last very long in the top 10. What did he do vs Fedor?? Get taken down by a very small HW not known for his TDs?? He reserved position because Fedor went for a sloppy armbar and had top position against the cage for 5 seconds and couldnt hold it?? You gained alot of confidence from that huh?? He was utterly dominated.

STOP with the personal insults and discuss the issue, stop being a hypocrite and self righteous if you want to discuss things. The funny part is you think ppl dislike me, but whenever i run over you on a thread and you backpedal or run away (like the Cain isnt ranked thing) ppl send me tons of positive reps dissing you... you need to stop talking down to ppl, you need to stop mentioning your w/e fighting background we are supposed to respect because you say so and just discuss things.

Last edited by alizio : 12-02-2009 at 03:36 PM.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,964
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Wow. You are very ignorant. Mir has better boxing, Werdum could easily submit him when Fedor couldn't, etc




Kongo would maul Rogers? You saw what Rogers did to Arlovski right? And Rogers is just now starting to train full-time.

And if Cain took any of the shots from Rogers that he took from Kongo, he'd be layed out flat.

There's no way Mir or Werdum submit Rogers, I don't know if you saw the Fedor fight or not, but maybe you should watch it.
Kongo is a world class kickboxer, Rogers just has heavy hands and Arlovski's chin has always been suspect. Kongo's striking is on a whole other level than Roger's. Kongo's only downfall is his ground game or lack thereof.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
again, personal insults from "Mr. Classy" who sends me neg reps with long explanations telling me not to personally insult ppl, it's not appropiate lol do you see what a hypocrite you are??

As for Rogers... you put it well... Fedor (who he lost to), AA (who he flashed KO'd cant gain much from that fight except he has exceptional punching power and AA has a glass jaw, already both known) and... how did you put it up there?? "all the last opponents".... good way to put it, because they dont deserve names. Rogers isnt a bottom of the barrel HW, he just isnt anynear the the top and he wont last very long in the top 10. What did he do vs Fedor?? Get taken down by a very small HW not known for his TDs?? He reserved position because Fedor went for a sloppy armbar and had top position against the cage for 5 seconds and couldnt hold it?? You gained alot of confidence from that huh?? He was utterly dominated.

STOP with the personal insults and discuss the issue, stop being a hypocrite and self righteous if you want to discuss things. The funny part is you think ppl dislike me, but whenever i run over you on a thread and you backpedal or run away (like the Cain isnt ranked thing) ppl send me tons of positive reps dissing you... you need to stop talking down to ppl, you need to stop mentioning your w/e fighting background we are supposed to respect because you say so and just discuss things.
Hey guy, all you ever do is jump in a thread to show disrespect and you add zero input to the thread. Look at the post you added here. It's SO stupid and pointless and misinformed. I follow multiple sports therefor I think Rogers would be a K1 champ? What the hell, what are you ever even talking about? Every post you make is just a big block run-on sentence that brings up no sources, cites no facts, has shallow opinions and hints of massive biases.

And our argument was, you thought Valesquez was ranked above JDS, and even cited the world's worst rankings as being legitimate. Every ranking in the world ranks JDS above Valesquez rightfully, end of story. Valesquez hasn't ever faced guys like Arlovski or Fedor, not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Kongo is a world class kickboxer, Rogers just has heavy hands and Arlovski's chin has always been suspect. Kongo's striking is on a whole other level than Roger's. Kongo's only downfall is his ground game or lack thereof.
You guys think that Rogers doesn't train striking or something? I don't understand this concept. He trains with Sergio Cunha, the striking coach who trained Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, and Wanderlei.

Kongo's striking is great but who has he outstruck that's on Arlovski's level? Hardonk? And Kongo didn't even have the power to finish a daydreaming Crocop. Not to mention that Roger's GnP is superior to Kongo's and he's got a huge size and wrestling advantage.

Rogers shows fantastic clinch skills (minus holding the cage like a big jerk), utilized his reach fantastically, and demonstrated impressive wrestling and sub-defense. I don't understand why he gets this dismissive hate.

Valesquez is a way smaller guy who gets hit A LOT, and you guys think he'd walk all over Rogers? That's so crazy it makes me start thinking you guys are racist or something. Rogers is a horrible match-up for so many heavyweights, especially guys like Valesquez or Mir.

Mir likes to leave his hands down and throw predictable, sloppy jab-uppercut combos, and he has nowhere near enough power to KO Rogers. Even after Fedor's huge hook Roger's still had his eyes open and defended enough to make it a TKO instead of a clean KO.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
poundedout45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 84
poundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hugpoundedout45 Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Hey guy, all you ever do is jump in a thread to show disrespect and you add zero input to the thread. Look at the post you added here. It's SO stupid and pointless and misinformed. I follow multiple sports therefor I think Rogers would be a K1 champ? What the hell, what are you ever even talking about? Every post you make is just a big block run-on sentence that brings up no sources, cites no facts, has shallow opinions and hints of massive biases.

And our argument was, you thought Valesquez was ranked above JDS, and even cited the world's worst rankings as being legitimate. Every ranking in the world ranks JDS above Valesquez rightfully, end of story. Valesquez hasn't ever faced guys like Arlovski or Fedor, not even close.



You guys think that Rogers doesn't train striking or something? I don't understand this concept. He trains with Sergio Cunha, the striking coach who trained Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, and Wanderlei.

Kongo's striking is great but who has he outstruck that's on Arlovski's level? Hardonk? And Kongo didn't even have the power to finish a daydreaming Crocop. Not to mention that Roger's GnP is superior to Kongo's and he's got a huge size and wrestling advantage.

Rogers shows fantastic clinch skills (minus holding the cage like a big jerk), utilized his reach fantastically, and demonstrated impressive wrestling and sub-defense. I don't understand why he gets this dismissive hate.

Valesquez is a way smaller guy who gets hit A LOT, and you guys think he'd walk all over Rogers? That's so crazy it makes me start thinking you guys are racist or something. Rogers is a horrible match-up for so many heavyweights, especially guys like Valesquez or Mir.

Mir likes to leave his hands down and throw predictable, sloppy jab-uppercut combos, and he has nowhere near enough power to KO Rogers. Even after Fedor's huge hook Roger's still had his eyes open and defended enough to make it a TKO instead of a clean KO.
You really didn't watch the fight, did you? Rogers got dominated. Excellent wrestling and clinch work??????? Are you insane?
__________________
hw-Brock Lesnar
lhw-Matt Hamill
mw-Dan Henderson
ww-Jon Fitch
lw-Spencer Fisher
poundedout45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundedout45 View Post
You really didn't watch the fight, did you? Rogers got dominated. Excellent wrestling and clinch work??????? Are you insane?
Yeah, that's why the best HW wrestler and submission fighter/world's top Sambo fighter gave up trying to take him down and submit him - because it was too easy?

khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios