Cung Le: "I Didn't Go Undefeated For No Reason" - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
I think you guys are forgetting the fact that he is only entering his 5th or 6th fight... Dude's MMA career is still young, and to talk so lowly of him is just ridiculous.
He brought it on himself, by talking so highly of himself.
UrbanBounca is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,572
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Neither guy is ever gonna be brought up in a thread discussing the top strikers in MMA, Shamrock looked fairly evenly matched with Le, neither could strike with a real fierce striker.

I realize there is a diffrence in the striking of MMA and kickboxing but despite all of Le's flashy striking he would get owned by a top level stiker. Cung Le should stick to movies cause he is not an elite level striker and sure as hell is not an MMA fighter.
Your absolutely right about Le and Frank. That fight was as close as they come up until shamrock broke his arm, and all though Shamrock was a great fighter back in the days when people didnt know how to defend a submission and they didnt test for steroids, he was really never a good striker. Nick Diaz proved just how good Frank is at the mma of nowadays. And now le is gonna fight another UFC throwaway fighter in Smith (who I like) but lets get serious SF! Smith is not even a ranked fighter anymore that I know of, but yet SF will tout him as being relevent to the division. By the way heres Shamrocks career record, as you can see it doesnt amount to being a good striker.
Professional record breakdown
35 matches 23 wins 10 losses
By knockout 2
By submission 14
By decision 5
Draws 2
jcal is offline  
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:39 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,138
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal View Post
Your absolutely right about Le and Frank. That fight was as close as they come up until shamrock broke his arm, and all though Shamrock was a great fighter back in the days when people didnt know how to defend a submission and they didnt test for steroids, he was really never a good striker. Nick Diaz proved just how good Frank is at the mma of nowadays. And now le is gonna fight another UFC throwaway fighter in Smith (who I like) but lets get serious SF! Smith is not even a ranked fighter anymore that I know of, but yet SF will tout him as being relevent to the division. By the way heres Shamrocks career record, as you can see it doesnt amount to being a good striker.
Professional record breakdown
35 matches 23 wins 10 losses
By knockout 2
By submission 14
By decision 5
Draws 2
Well I think that SF knows that Le needs a fight that will just get him back into it. But they are hyping it up because he is one of their more popular fighters. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Flyweight
 
Tomislav III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: All over
Posts: 224
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
He brought it on himself, by talking so highly of himself.
He's a fighter. This is what fighters do. Other than Fedor or Amir Sadollah every fighter I've ever known, boxing or MMA have all been highly confident individuals who think they're capable of beating anyone on Earth with their hands tied behind their backs.
Tomislav III is offline  
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
When does Cung fight? I can't find a stream and don't get showtime...

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,572
                     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav III View Post
He's a fighter. This is what fighters do. Other than Fedor or Amir Sadollah every fighter I've ever known, boxing or MMA have all been highly confident individuals who think they're capable of beating anyone on Earth with their hands tied behind their backs.
I guess youve never heard of Anderson Silva
jcal is offline  
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 01:25 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
LMAO, I was so happy to see the legend of Cung Le finally get exposed last night, maybe we can finally quit hearing about how great this guy is, never has a fighter been more overated than Cung.

Where is CornBread, me and that f***er founded the Cung Le is overated train and he is nowhere around to celebrate.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
LMAO, I was so happy to see the legend of Cung Le finally get exposed last night, maybe we can finally quit hearing about how great this guy is, never has a fighter been more overated than Cung.

Where is CornBread, me and that f***er founded the Cung Le is overated train and he is nowhere around to celebrate.
What?? Even the Cung Lee without Cardio without focus beats the **** out of Smith! He domiated this fight not only he dominated it a fashioning way He put on such an outsatanding performance last night Only because he lost a littel bit focus at the end ( because he knew that Smith couldn't win the fight anymore except via TKO or KO ) that was a huge mistake what he made, but still he is an outstanding fighter! Nobody can through so many spinning back kicks and lands all of them perfectly.

Cung Lee will come back, trust me Toxic

Last edited by BobbyCooper; 12-20-2009 at 02:16 PM.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Lightweight
 
attention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,973
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
What?? Even the Cung Lee without Cardio without focus beats the **** out of Smith! He domiated this fight not only he dominated it a fashioning way He put on such an outsatanding performance last night Only because he lost a littel bit focus at the end ( because he knew that Smith couldn't win the fight anymore except via TKO or KO ) that was a huge mistake what he made, but still he is an outstanding fighter! Nobody can through so many spinning back kicks and lands all of them perfectly.

Cung Lee will come back, trust me Toxic
WTF?!? seriously dude.
How did Cung Le beat the <bleep> out of Smith... lets look at their faces after the fight ... please.







and Smith bleeds EASY.

Im a Le fan, but seriously... Le's performance has some serious FLASH, but Scott was never in any serious trouble... AT ALL.

How many shots did Scott land prior to this KO?
How about almost ZILCH!

Then the first connect Scott gets puts Le on the ground.
C'mon dude, this is a mma match not a kick demo... and this clearly shows that Le isnt in the mma elite.
attention is offline  
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
I don't comment on that!

The only thing i have to say is, that the fight already should have been stopped in the 1 round. Smith didn't defended himself intelligent anymore! TKO Victory for Cung anything else was a robbery!

Smith was outclassed in every way!
BobbyCooper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome