MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Bobby Lashley VS Shane Del Rosario (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/68712-bobby-lashley-vs-shane-del-rosario.html)

_RIVAL_ 12-18-2009 09:37 AM

Bobby Lashley VS Shane Del Rosario
 


Quote:

Undefeated wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley will face undefeated MMA prospect Shane Del Rosario in his highly anticipated Strikeforce debut. The news comes courtesy of a report on MMAWorldwide.com.

Lashely (4-0) was a highly regarded amateur wrestler with Olympic aspirations before suffering a serious knee injury in a bank robbery. The injury essentially ended his amateur wrestling career, but opened up new opportunities for Lashely in pro wresting. He signed on to wrestle with the WWE and became an international superstar, but began to miss real competition.

He took up MMA as a result and had his first professional fight last December against Joshua Franklin, earning a first round TKO. He followed that up with three impressive wins over the next year over Jason Guida, Mike Cook and Bob Sapp which precipitated his recent Strikeforce signing.

FiveKnuckles.com recently learned from a source close to the organization that Lashley signed a six-fight deal with Strikeforce with each fight earning the current TNA pro-wrestling star, six-figures.

His first fight comes against fellow undefeated heavyweight prospect Del Rosario (9-0) who is coming off of a thrilling win over Brandon Cash at ShoMMA 4 last month. Rosario holds the distinction of being the first US WBC Heavyweight Muay Thai Champion in history and has earned stoppage victories in all 9 of his professional MMA fights, including 7 via KO.
Source.....http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...l-Rosario.html

Very, very tough fight for Lashley here, Del Rosario is a young and dangerous up and comer with some serious power. He's finished all 9 of his fights and is undefeated as well as Lashely.

I like this fight. It should put either fighter in the hunt IMO...

joshua7789 12-18-2009 09:54 AM

Wow, this could be an interesting fight. Rosario will take it easily if it stays standing, but I doubt he will be able to stop Lashley's takedowns are get up once he is taken down. Rosario did show a pretty slick ground game in his last fight, but Lashley is a huge and powerful dude with some very good wrestling. Cant wait to see this one.

BobbyCooper 12-18-2009 09:55 AM

Wow thanks for this!

I didn't know that Lashley was involved in a Bank robbery^^ :thumbsup: I never saw a fight from Shane, but should be a tough one for Lashley when he is still undefeated.

_RIVAL_ 12-18-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyCooper (Post 1071923)
Wow thanks for this!

I didn't know that Lashley was involved in a Bank robbery^^ :thumbsup: I never saw a fight from Shane, but should be a tough one for Lashley when he is still undefeated.

Shane is an absolutly brutal kick boxer. Devastating power, very slept on.

He displays a very competent ground game and has submissions.

I like this fight. A great matchup to catapult one of them towards the upper tier of Strikeforces HW division which IMO is getting pretty compeditive..

BobbyCooper 12-18-2009 10:06 AM

Yea i just looked him up on Sherdog. Wow he has a lot of TKO wins, 2 subs and finished every fight except one against Carl Seumanutafa in the 1 round. That's impressive!

can't wait :thumb02:

_RIVAL_ 12-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyCooper (Post 1071931)
Yea i just looked him up on Sherdog. Wow he has a lot of TKO wins, 2 subs and finished every fight except one against Carl Seumanutafa in the 1 round. That's impressive!

can't wait :thumb02:

These guys are both very agressive and will be going for a finish. I think they're aiming to put this on the Janurary 30th card.

Damn this card is starting to look very solid.

Chileandude 12-18-2009 10:55 AM

damn, this is a very dangerous fight for Lashley.

Del Rosario is no joke.

_RIVAL_ 12-18-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chileandude (Post 1071941)
damn, this is a very dangerous fight for Lashley.

Del Rosario is no joke.

I agree, Lashley needs to go for the quickest shoot that he can. Del Rosario is a MT champion and his power is sick.

If he lands flush on Lashley this fight will be over.

Chileandude 12-18-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.P. (Post 1071944)
I agree, Lashley needs to go for the quickest shoot that he can. Del Rosario is a MT champion and his power is sick.

If he lands flush on Lashley this fight will be over.

Isn't Del Rosario a very small HW tho?

Maybe he could muscle him into the Ground, i like Lashley in MMA and i'm very worried. He has a very good chance of getting KO or Subbed, let's hope his Ground Game has evolved up to a good enough level.

joshua7789 12-18-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chileandude (Post 1071975)
Isn't Del Rosario a very small HW tho?

Maybe he could muscle him into the Ground, i like Lashley in MMA and i'm very worried. He has a very good chance of getting KO or Subbed, let's hope his Ground Game has evolved up to a good enough level.

He is big but not really muscular. I think he is somthing like 6'4 and somewhere between 235 and 250 lbs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2