Betting on MMA - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Lightweight
 
UFC on VHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,543
                     
Betting on MMA

Anyone here bet on MMA? I mean we all use the vbookie here and it's a great way to practice. Anyone good with real money? What was your biggest win your biggest loss? Any tips and or advice for betting?

I am thinking of using real money soon because I think im getting better. I have 11k out on bets right now. What is the best site to use for MMA most likley just UFC betting for now?

I have learned from vbookie to not chase the upset and to never let emotion of favorite or most hated fighters effect your bet. I lost 21k betting on Mir.

"Silva you got one commin. little ass ninja you better keep your ass down at 185 buddy, cheatin MOTHERFU.....I better watch my language my moms watchin"

- Mark "The Hammer" Coleman
UFC on VHS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN18 View Post
Anyone here bet on MMA? I mean we all use the vbookie here and it's a great way to practice. Anyone good with real money? What was your biggest win your biggest loss? Any tips and or advice for betting?

I am thinking of using real money soon because I think im getting better. I have 11k out on bets right now. What is the best site to use for MMA most likley just UFC betting for now?

I have learned from vbookie to not chase the upset and to never let emotion of favorite or most hated fighters effect your bet. I lost 21k betting on Mir.
Betting with your heart is indeed very dangerous. I would keep practicing here with Vbookie, but I have a few tips that might help.

Pay very good attention to odds from many different sites. It's very important to shop around for the best odds. If there's a fighter that you are VERY confident in winning, then don't place a bet with odds like -600 on them. Only bet on them if the odds are good. Also, try not to make a habit out of betting on underdogs just because of the odds. Small bets are ok, but not always smart. Also, parlays can help makes loads of cash if you play them smartly, but can ruin you if one fighter in the parlay loses. I can't help with reliable sites, but I do know that I've been told MANY times NOT to use Bodog. I know people who have not been paid. So beware.

And I am no expert by any means, but I'll help as much as I can.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 110
           
Biggest win - 2000$
Biggest loss - 90$
Started out with 50$, earned about 5000$ so far.
awake is offline  
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by awake View Post
Biggest win - 2000$
Biggest loss - 90$
Started out with 50$, earned about 5000$ so far.
Just out of curiosity, what individual fights did you win on? What sites? And what were the odds? Because I'm considering starting an account somewhere as well. I was pretty confident in Dunham winning and I'm upset that I didn't bet on him. Now I have two nice underdogs that I'm fairly confident in and I would like to bet on them.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 110
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFranklin88 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what individual fights did you win on? What sites? And what were the odds? Because I'm considering starting an account somewhere as well. I was pretty confident in Dunham winning and I'm upset that I didn't bet on him. Now I have two nice underdogs that I'm fairly confident in and I would like to bet on them.
unibet.com - I don't bet that often nowadays tho :-) Too much random stuff happening When I won 2k, the odds were in the 20-s, placed bets on 6 fights. 3 safe and 3 risky ones. Don't remember which ones since the betting history doesn't work atm.
awake is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Oh and does anyone know if any popular sites have betting lines for prelim fights? I would like to see some odds on the Phil Davis/Brian Stann fight and the Melvin Guillard vs Ronnys Torres fight.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Lightweight
 
UFC on VHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,543
                     
What do you guys think of placing a bet on Serra/Trigg? I honestly think that Serra can take this fight easy.

What do you guys think?

Matt Serra -135
Frank Trigg +105

"Silva you got one commin. little ass ninja you better keep your ass down at 185 buddy, cheatin MOTHERFU.....I better watch my language my moms watchin"

- Mark "The Hammer" Coleman
UFC on VHS is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 498
                     
Honestly I don't see the point on betting on any form of fighting. Flash knockouts make it too unpredictable
beardsleybob is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN18 View Post
What do you guys think of placing a bet on Serra/Trigg? I honestly think that Serra can take this fight easy.

What do you guys think?

Matt Serra -135
Frank Trigg +105
If you think Serra is going to win, the odds are decent. I say go for it.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Featherweight
 
SigFig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,246
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardsleybob View Post
Honestly I don't see the point on betting on any form of fighting. Flash knockouts make it too unpredictable
That's just silly. Don't be scared of flash KO's. Develop a smart betting strategy and stick to it. There is a good opportunity to make some coin with mma betting as it's still moving out of "niche" territory at the sportsbooks and some lines present good value as it seems oddsmakers are still getting up to speed with setting mma lines, so to speak.

But to the OP, my sportsbook (betjamaica) doesn't have great mma options, and only posts lines the day of the fights and doesn't have parlays. My last big play on there was laying money on Mir at -190 over Kongo. I saw great value in that pick and it played out quite well.

I've read great things about 5dimes for mma, so I am looking at getting an account up with them, as I'd like to make some plays for this weekends SF event. (The Nick Diaz line quickly moved from the -215 it opened with and is sitting at -255 at the moment; I was salivating at -215)

BOL to you.

SigFig is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome