MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
- General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
- - The aestheics of PRIDE vs. UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/71461-aestheics-pride-vs-ufc.html)
The aestheics of PRIDE vs. UFC
Nostalgia for Pride is understandable. From a pure visual sense, the UFC formula is kinda ugly:
- homogenous (if not outright crappy) music
- energy drink
- logo farms on trunks
- tightly scripted personalities
- ubiquitous images of fans flashing the sign of the devil
come on...how can this hold a candle to the majesty of Sakuraba vs. Gracie, Ali vs Frazier...
the art of war is dead. now its blood money. just my opinion....
though at least BJ Penn is still a pure form of energy that can't be corrupted.
seriously though I dont think there's anything wrong with UFC's production. a lot of PRIDE fans are just stuck in the past..sorry!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.