MMA is a sport not human cock-fighting . . . remember? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
vaj3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 773
vaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to all
Amen bro! The reaction to GSP's victory over hardy is indicative of the kind of people that are holding the sport back. They are not animals they are athelets first and foremost....you dont get some one screaming at tiger woods to get a hole in one.

Jon Jones has said it best ' i take no pride in breaking veras facial bones' In response to idiotic questioning by the interviewer


Its hillarious that people think mma is boring when an athelete tries to execute a great gameplan but thinks its awesome when a second rate fighter like kimbo slice beats up a bum. If you think something like Frye v takayama (sp) is awesome but gsp v hardy was lame then your not really an mma fan
__________________
Sonnen On the spider
“If he wants to leave the division, leave the sport, who cares, Beat it, nobody tunes in to watch him anyways, and his little fake ‘I don’t speak English.

Last edited by vaj3000 : 03-29-2010 at 11:58 AM.
vaj3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 494
munkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of light
Being exciting is what makes a sport legit? Whoever thinks this has never watched a baseball or soccer game. The most boring aspect of MMA is better than anything that can ever happen in either of those sports. Baseball is America's past time and how many people are up in arms about it being boring? MMA is boring to the ignorant fan who should be watching a cock-fight instead of MMA.
munkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
vaj3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 773
vaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
Im an American and I love me some Fn soccer cant wait for the World Cup!
lol yeah the world cup is going to be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkie View Post
Being exciting is what makes a sport legit? Whoever thinks this has never watched a baseball or soccer game. The most boring aspect of MMA is better than anything that can ever happen in either of those sports. Baseball is America's past time and how many people are up in arms about it being boring? MMA is boring to the ignorant fan who should be watching a cock-fight instead of MMA.
Football is an awesome game better than the handegg game you guys play. Watch the sheer drama of a penalty shoot out and you'll understand just howdramatic football is
__________________
Sonnen On the spider
“If he wants to leave the division, leave the sport, who cares, Beat it, nobody tunes in to watch him anyways, and his little fake ‘I don’t speak English.

Last edited by swpthleg : 03-29-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: double post
vaj3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 494
munkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaj3000 View Post
Football is an awesome game better than the handegg game you guys play. Watch the sheer drama of a penalty shoot out and you'll understand just howdramatic football is
Football and soccer are the same ******* thing and they are both boring as hell. This argument is over.
munkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
vaj3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 773
vaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkie View Post
Football and soccer are the same ******* thing and they are both boring as hell. This argument is over.
did i say theyre different? Well its boring if you say so...just make sure you tell those guys that have made it the most popular sport in the world aswell. I dont think they got the memo

ps im sure handegg is also a great sport
__________________
Sonnen On the spider
“If he wants to leave the division, leave the sport, who cares, Beat it, nobody tunes in to watch him anyways, and his little fake ‘I don’t speak English.
vaj3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 494
munkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of lightmunkie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaj3000 View Post
did i say theyre different? Well its boring if you say so...just make sure you tell those guys that have made it the most popular sport in the world aswell. I dont think they got the memo
It's extremely boring to watch, as is baseball. But that doesn't mean it's not fun to play. I love playing both. But they are boring to watch and there is no debating that.
munkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Psychedelic
 
Inkdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 891
Inkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By AllInkdot Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaj3000 View Post
Its hillarious that people think mma is boring when an athelete tries to execute a great gameplan but thinks its awesome when a second rate fighter like kimbo slice beats up a bum. If you think something like Frye v takayama (sp) is awesome but gsp v hardy was lame then your not really an mma fan
A great gameplan can still be a boring gameplan, the two are not mutually exclusive lol!

I don't wanna se Kimbo beat on bums or Jon Jones break bones. Infact I'd much rather not see anyone get injured in the cage ever!

Fact of the matter is what people find fun is subjective and everyone have different ideas, there is fun grappling, boring grappling, fun standup and boring standup.

If you think I'm not a true MMA fan because I found GSP vs Hardy to be 25 min sleep pill then fine, what ever I don't care, and I don't need you to validate me as a "true hardcore fan" because I don't give a shit about other peoples definition about what "true fans" must be like. I know myself and I know what I enjoy watching and thats all I need to know.

I didn't enjoy GSPs fight and I voice criticism because I beilive we have the right to do this to athletes regardles of what sport is concerned.
Inkdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,988
AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
The real question is, how does one have human cock fighting? There's human fighting and there's cock fighting but human cock fighting? The only reasonable answer I can think of is 18+ and a horrible image so I'll keep it to myself.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Rastaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 769
Rastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The RankingsRastaman Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkdot View Post
Haha soccer is awesome! It's the worlds most popular sport for a reason!
Snore.
Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
VolcomX311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 2,813
VolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Agreed with OP's post. I used to hate Machida for the very purpose of his lack of engagement/entertainment value, until I came to terms he's just an effective winner and eventually accepted the fact he's a bottom line effective fighter.

I think the issue with GSP for "some" fans at least, isn't as much the monotony of his fighting strategy, but that he's so dominant that no one poses a challenge. He's so far ahead of his competition in his division that his fights lack the anticipation factor. Once he butters in that first TD, you know the fights over, because if you can't stop GSP's TD, you're losing, so following the opening TD, you're just waiting for the inevitable outcome, like arriving at the appropriate floor of an elevator ride, as oppose to enjoying a roller coaster, anything can happen fight. GSP is too good for his division.
__________________
CERTIFIED STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACH - NSCA CSCS
VolcomX311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios