Karo: Strikeforce is the most unprofessional organization I've seen in my life - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
fullcontact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 877
                     
Karo: Strikeforce is the most unprofessional organization I've seen in my life

http://www.lowkick.com/Strikeforce/K...n-my-life-8327

Damn.

Fun trivia: In danish "kamp" means "match" or "fight". So Martin Kampmann really lives up to his name.
fullcontact is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
That's obvious, but I'd like to know some reasons why.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
except he never said that at all, the video title is a misquote, he said that he met with Scott Coker and to discuss a SF contract but decided that SF was not for him and gave no reason why, then went onto add that he was in talks with the UFC and that the UFC was the most professional organisation he had ever dealt with and that no other organisation came close. I see UFC nut huggers have gone out of there way again to discredit SF, they must fear the competition after all SF do have the TV deal they want and with that deal could easily out grow the UFC in a few years and to be honest I think thats the best thing that could happen in the world of MMA, at least then we will get to see cross promotion in the world of MMA like we see between Dream and SF, MMA will never reach its full global potential while been held back by Dana White and the UFC.

Personally I dont care for Parisyan much anyway, to be fair he does have a good professional record but I doubt he can come back and have a major impact in ether SF or the UFC, Gilbert Melendez I'm willing to bet would destroy him anyway and I dont know what happened to the talks with the UFC because he has a bout coming up with Impact FC in Australia which to be fair look like a a really good new promotion and are putting one some real good fights.



Last edited by KillerShark1985; 06-18-2010 at 07:32 AM.
KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
fullcontact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 877
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
except he never said that at all, the video title is a misquote, he said that he met with Scott Coker and to discuss a SF contract but decided that SF was not for him and gave no reason why, then went onto add that he was in talks with the UFC and that the UFC was the most professional organisation he had ever dealt with and that no other organisation came close. I see UFC nut huggers have gone out of there way again to discredit SF, they must fear the competition after all SF do have the TV deal they want and with that deal could easily out grow the UFC in a few years and to be honest I think thats the best thing that could happen in the world of MMA, at least then we will get to see cross promotion in the world of MMA like we see between Dream and SF, MMA will never reach its full global potential while been held back by Dana White and the UFC.

Personally I dont care for Parisyan much anyway, to be fair he does have a good professional record but I doubt he can come back and have a major impact in ether SF or the UFC, Gilbert Melendez I'm willing to bet would destroy him anyway and I dont know what happened to the talks with the UFC because he has a bout coming up with Impact FC in Australia which to be fair look like a a really good new promotion and are putting one some real good fights.
I hope that next time you call someone a UFC nuthugger, you will atleast watch the entire video before judging others.
He did say "they are the most unprofessional I've ever seen. Strikeforce is a very unprofessional organization."

Fun trivia: In danish "kamp" means "match" or "fight". So Martin Kampmann really lives up to his name.
fullcontact is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,221
                     
Comparing this interview to his previous ones, he seems like he is a lot more focused and on track. I hope he comes back, easily one of my favorite fighters to watch.

He does look pretty small though?

Team Stand Alone #1
xbrokenshieldx is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:42 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,117
Blog Entries: 1
                     
whew... that was hard to watch. Great find I've been wondering about him.

I've never been a fan of his but I feel a lot of sympathy for him trying to overcome anxiety disorder or what ever it is. I have friend with those problems. He was once a certified badass adventurer and now he needs Valium to go to work and can't sit in a restaurant with me. It's a really shocking change.

I hope Karo doe well.
oldfan is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Bantamweight
 
morninglightmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 982
                     
this coming from a guy who has dropped out of 2 separate fights the DAY before the weigh-in's and had a win overturned for testing positive for banned substances in a post fight drug screening?

LOL!!!
morninglightmt is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Fruits & Vegetables
 
Mirage445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,580
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninglightmt View Post
this coming from a guy who has dropped out of 2 separate fights the DAY before the weigh-in's and had a win overturned for testing positive for banned substances in a post fight drug screening?

LOL!!!
This.

That being said I hope Karo has gotten rid of his addiction and will be able to entertain us again with some more of his exciting fights.




"You have a big word for a guy who don't have a gi right now." - Renato Laranja
Mirage445 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
except he never said that at all, the video title is a misquote
At 1min45

"...they're the most unprofessional I've ever seen in my life. Strikeforce is a very unprofessional organization."
WestCoastPoutin is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,221
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
whew... that was hard to watch. Great find I've been wondering about him.

I've never been a fan of his but I feel a lot of sympathy for him trying to overcome anxiety disorder or what ever it is. I have friend with those problems. He was once a certified badass adventurer and now he needs Valium to go to work and can't sit in a restaurant with me. It's a really shocking change.

I hope Karo doe well.
Great post. And I agree. A lot of MMA fans (even on this forum) have been really critical of Karo and have criticized him for what has gone on recently as if he has simply been screwing around and has rationally decided to not take MMA seriously. But his personal problems are very serious. Anxiety problems and addiction to pain killers aren't really anything to criticize someone for.

Team Stand Alone #1
xbrokenshieldx is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome