I didn't realize that Struve and Shaub were everyone? The guy has never beaten a ranked fighter. The best competition he's faced are Rothwell, Arlovski, and Monson. He lost all three. Until Nelson beats a good fighter, he doesn't deserve to be ranked.
He also ran through Slice, Sweeney and Wren so he's got that five fight win streak going on for him. While none of the five guys who he's beaten are world beaters the fact that he crushed all five of them with all five being UFC caliber guys, I'd put him in the top ten.
And as I've said before the guy is two wins away from being the undisputed number 1 fighter in the world. Just breathe and say...it's only 3 more weeks it's only 3 more weeks.
Originally Posted by kantowrestler
Could someone please explain to me how Bigfoot Silva gets a top ten spot when he beat downhill Arlovski!
Because the rest of the top 20 looks like this
- I don't think he can beat anyone in the top ten and I think a number of guys in the top 20 would beat him (Russow, Rothwell, Hague).
- couldn't put away a weakened Gilbert Yvel, if Velasquez beats Lesnar then I can support him as a top ten fighter.
- looked like crap against Hague and pulled a come from behind victory.
- looked good but still lost his fight
Mirko Cro Cop
- the Pat Berry win was nice (and added more prestige to JDS's win over Cro Cop) but he still has loses over Kongo and Gonzaga.
- flawed game and was murdered by a lower ten Frank Mir
- was wrecked by Overeem, and with Fedor losing Rogers drops like a stone (he might have to fight Lashley next)
- Is 0-4 against the top ten, his only big win is Cro Crop
- undersized and moving down to LHW he might be able to beat several top 20 guys but why would he want to?
- his record isn't that
bad, he's got raw potential
To me everyone who lost to Werdum gets a bump due to his beating of Fedor, while the guys that lost to Fedor take a dip. And give Silva credit, he's got a good record (14-2)