Jay Hieron gets his release from Strikeforce - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,031
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Jay Heiron has a good name, but he's not that big of a loss TBH.

I don't see STRIKEFORCE losing any viewers behind this...
They may not lose viewers but he is possibly the second best fighter they have in there weakest division.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,991
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
They may not lose viewers but he is possibly the second best fighter they have in there weakest division.
That's possible. I've just never really seen Heiron as a great fighter. I wonder if he's hitting up SF for to much money or maybe trying to pick and choose who he fights... he may have been more trouble than he's worth....

I know K.J. Noons says he wants to move up and challenge, and you have Tyron Woodley moving around WW... Andre Galvao is an exciting prospect.

Zaromskis was a bust and Scott Smith ain't gonna do much. Cyborg will probably go 2-3 at WW before moving back up.

Jay Heiron, I didn't see him beating Diaz. Or Aoki for that matter if STRIKEFORCE brought him in for that fight... I can see him getting dusted by Woodely too..

Heiron is an average fighter who isn't really a threat to any title. If he goes into the UFC he's gonna get destroyed by probably the top 10 at WW over there.
__________________

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,163
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
I can see Heiron going to DREAM, Sengoku, or Bellator!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,031
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
That's possible. I've just never really seen Heiron as a great fighter. I wonder if he's hitting up SF for to much money or maybe trying to pick and choose who he fights... he may have been more trouble than he's worth....

I know K.J. Noons says he wants to move up and challenge, and you have Tyron Woodley moving around WW... Andre Galvao is an exciting prospect.

Zaromskis was a bust and Scott Smith ain't gonna do much. Cyborg will probably go 2-3 at WW before moving back up.

Jay Heiron, I didn't see him beating Diaz. Or Aoki for that matter if STRIKEFORCE brought him in for that fight... I can see him getting dusted by Woodely too..

Heiron is an average fighter who isn't really a threat to any title. If he goes into the UFC he's gonna get destroyed by probably the top 10 at WW over there.
I doubt he would accomplish anything in the UFC but in Strikeforce he is at the least a top 5 WW if not top 3 or top 2 and I don't think he is a guy they can afford to lose. They offered him a title fight the other guy skipped his drug test and suddenly he is on the undercard while Mr. I Don't show up for drug tests has been rewarded with big fights and a rebooked title fight against a different fighter. Strikeforce has really screwed Hieron.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,991
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I doubt he would accomplish anything in the UFC but in Strikeforce he is at the least a top 5 WW if not top 3 or top 2 and I don't think he is a guy they can afford to lose. They offered him a title fight the other guy skipped his drug test and suddenly he is on the undercard while Mr. I Don't show up for drug tests has been rewarded with big fights and a rebooked title fight against a different fighter. Strikeforce has really screwed Hieron.
Screwing Heiron is a possibility, but there really is not a way to tell...Coker doesn't have the "ruthless buisness man" reputation, comes off to basically cater to almost all of his fighters...

I wonder if Heiron was pulling anything from his side.
__________________

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
I think Jay can become a a top 10 guy. I might be biased, because I've been a fan of his for quite sometime. I think he can beat the likes of Hardy or Kampman.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios