Self-defense & MMA: How to stop this attack? ***Graphic Video*** - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Its pretty clear those guys were scared shitless....I mean they kicked him ( be it weak sauce kicks) And he just kept stabbing......BJJ goes out the window when the guy has a knife....unless you got hella wrist control....You pick something steady I keep a TPX (BaseBall Batt) on the back of my truck and go to work that bat is longer than that knife so tee off and make sure either A) He doesnt live to stab anyone else or B) you beat him till he has the mental compasity of a 1 year old
G_Land is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
always carry a big gun

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
audit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oxford Michigan
Posts: 68
                     
While I do have a CCW and always am packing, I've only had to pull out my 1 of 3 that I carry with me once and that's when some punks thought they were going to mug my wife and I when we left the movies. They had knives, When they demanded my wallet, I pulled my .45 out and asked if that's what they wanted. I think they were crapping themselves while running. I'll check with my wife and see if she still has the video on her phone and post it if she still has it. I had her back away to a hallway while I handled it when I saw them come walking up to us.
audit is offline  
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Crazy shit man
G_Land is offline  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Tackle him and go directly for the weapon hand as soon as possible. Bruce Lee once said that the person with a knife is at the disadvantage because he has really only one point of attack, while the person unarmed has many(fists, knees, elbows etc). Obviously the guys one form of attack is deadly but he will be focusing on trying to stab you and not hit you with his off hand for example. So you trying to neutralize the attacking hand should be your top priority.

The thing is in the street everyone waits for someone else to take care of the problem, and only when the others see someone doing something will they jump in to help. The second someone gets control of the situation even for a couple of seconds others will join in and swarm. Trying to restrain him is best IMO because if you succeed for a few seconds others will help join, however if you attack him then it becomes a one on one if your attack didnt daze him enough, and others will most likely not join.
oh thats me and ill admit it. if this guy was on his feet with that knife and i didnt have my gun... *shrug* good luck miss.

its only that he was on the ground that i would quickly engage, being on the ground in a street fight is a death wish.

Quote:
While I do have a CCW and always am packing, I've only had to pull out my 1 of 3 that I carry with me once and that's when some punks thought they were going to mug my wife and I when we left the movies. They had knives, When they demanded my wallet, I pulled my .45 out and asked if that's what they wanted. I think they were crapping themselves while running. I'll check with my wife and see if she still has the video on her phone and post it if she still has it. I had her back away to a hallway while I handled it when I saw them come walking up to us.
you carry three guns?!? o.O

i carry a glock 23.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
carry a 1911 LW operator in summer and HK 45 in winter. when i cant cary either of those and conceal them well enough because of the situation i am in i carry and S&W m&p lightweight revolver. Never had to fire a shot in a self defense situation them the gun and most of the time they run like hell

"The fat man flies at midnight"

Last edited by americanfighter; 09-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.
americanfighter is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
carry a 1911 LW operator in summer and HK 45 in winter. when i cant cary either of those and conceal them well enough because of the situation i am in i carry and S&W m&p lightweight revolver. Never had to fire a shot in a self defense situation them the gun and most of the time they run like hell
woah thats a lot of money in guns. i know that HK is a 1000$ gun and the s/w m/p is like 700$, no idea on the 1911.

i paid 450$ for my 23 used. friend of mine who is a cop was selling it to buy a 17 or a 19, can't remember.


edit: oh the revolver, i was thinking the mp .40 compact. so those two are both 1000$ guns xD



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
woah thats a lot of money in guns. i know that HK is a 1000$ gun and the s/w m/p is like 700$, no idea on the 1911.

i paid 450$ for my 23 used. friend of mine who is a cop was selling it to buy a 17 or a 19, can't remember.


edit: oh the revolver, i was thinking the mp .40 compact. so those two are both 1000$ guns xD
the M&P revolver was a gift from my parents for my 21st i recently bought the HK 45 for 900. I know a guy that works at a gun shop and he gave me a good deal. LW Campion opperator was a 900 dollar gun but again i got a good deal on it and my dad wanted to get rid of one of his guns so he let me trade one in and i got the gun for around 200 after trade.

things kinda worked out i love them and they are the best CC guns available IMO

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
the M&P revolver was a gift from my parents for my 21st i recently bought the HK 45 for 900. I know a guy that works at a gun shop and he gave me a good deal. LW Campion opperator was a 900 dollar gun but again i got a good deal on it and my dad wanted to get rid of one of his guns so he let me trade one in and i got the gun for around 200 after trade.

things kinda worked out i love them and they are the best CC guns available IMO
i dunno man i love my g23. it might be a bit bigger.. but 15+1 .40cal, it never ever jams, its light for its size and accurate. when i carry it i feel like i could take down a plated walrus army.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:04 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
i dunno man i love my g23. it might be a bit bigger.. but 15+1 .40cal, it never ever jams, its light for its size and accurate. when i carry it i feel like i could take down a plated walrus army.
i like the 45 for self defense because of stopping power. also the recoil is a push instead of a snap which helps with the accuracy of my double taps. HK45 is just as reliable as a glocks are. 1911 can jam at time bout that is mainly for not cleaning it or you have a bad mag. the only time my 1911 jammed was because i was using some el cheapo mag. I only us Wilson combat mags and it never jams. The M&P is the perfect size to fit in you pocket. if you go somewhere that you will have to wear real light cloths or dont have a belt the M&P is perfect because it fits in your pocket with a pocket holster.

the G26 is a great gun though and i would have no problem carrying it.

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome