Is Strikeforce being hurt by big name fighters losin' - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Flyweight
 
KEYZER-SOZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 428
                     
yeah that was pretty jacked up reffing, gurgel took a nasty knee on the way back up because that dude couldnt make up his mind on wether to end the fight or not

But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies- kenny powers
KEYZER-SOZE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,607
                     
They must all be beginners!

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is online now  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 02:53 AM
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYZER-SOZE View Post
yeah that was pretty jacked up reffing, gurgel took a nasty knee on the way back up because that dude couldnt make up his mind on wether to end the fight or not
Not only that but Noons hit after the bell at the end of round 1. If Gurgel stays down and can't continue Noons is DQd. As is the ref should have at least taken a point away.

I think tonight was bad for Strikeforce promotioning abilities. Out of the four major fights 3 were won by the less marketable fighter. King Mo and Lashley were marketing machines as two dominant wrestlers that were undefeated. Jacare won't be hard to market, but how much press would war hero Kennedy have gotten as the champ.
rockybalboa25 is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Flyweight
 
KEYZER-SOZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 428
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Not only that but Noons hit after the bell at the end of round 1. If Gurgel stays down and can't continue Noons is DQd. As is the ref should have at least taken a point away.

I think tonight was bad for Strikeforce promotioning abilities. Out of the four major fights 3 were won by the less marketable fighter. King Mo and Lashley were marketing machines as two dominant wrestlers that were undefeated. Jacare won't be hard to market, but how much press would war hero Kennedy have gotten as the champ.
yeah that woulda been huge for coker if kenedey won, i dont think even scott coker could have screwed up promoting him if he won. king mo losing by ko hurt them bad too, and ive seen a few comments on diffrent sites about how people dont think bobby can cut it fighting against legit competition. so great night of fights but horrible results from a buissness sense

But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies- kenny powers
KEYZER-SOZE is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,210
                     
Most of the fighters are up and coming anyway its not like Mo was a established fighter. I dont think it will hurt as much as the commentating of which I cant stand.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Flyweight
 
KEYZER-SOZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 428
                     
gus johnson= full blown ri-tard as far as being an mma commentator
ken shamrock= hes decent but nothing to write home about
mauro ranallo= was it just me or did it look like the dude had a herpes breakout tonight

But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies- kenny powers
KEYZER-SOZE is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
if they don't market the up an coming fighters then yes.

i wouldn't be surprised if they don't
Marketing up the fighters dont made them better fighters even tho some people round here seem to think thats the case, personally I think SF is growing faster that any MMA promotion in the past and the only reason the UFC is bigger right now is because its been around longer.

SF has many rising stars right now and its not because they are hyped up its because they are great fighters, Jacare, Feijao, Roger Gracie to name a few, not to meantion the ever growing talents of Mousasi (who will be back to get that title and has many great years in the sport ahead of him at only 24 years old), Melendez who is starting to look like the new prodigy, seriously Melendez is starting to look like BJ Penn in his peak, I am not saying Penn is past it I think he will be back to take his title with vengeance, but I dont think Melendez would of lost to Edger, then you have a Peaking champion in Overeem who know one has survived the first round with for the last 2 or 3 years, and he is not some untested champion with only 6 fights to his name 45 fights to his name and now in his prime with that kind of experience already behind him, I seriously believe Overeem would knock the fcuk out of Lesnar.

While SF is bring up these new stars the UFC is sometimes like watching the demise of old stars and fighters who have achieve there peak elsewhere and taking in on Merit.

I think its kind of like Chelsea vs Arsenal, Chelsea been the UFC currently the better team with bags of talent in there proven team, but dam the future looks bright for Arsenal.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,910
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYZER-SOZE View Post
gus johnson= full blown ri-tard as far as being an mma commentator
ken shamrock= hes decent but nothing to write home about
mauro ranallo= was it just me or did it look like the dude had a herpes breakout tonight
This is where you're wrong...... If Ken was commentating this fight I would have shot myself in the head well before the main event.. I can't stand hearing Ken Shamrock bump his gums...

STRIKEFORCE needs Bas Rutten.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Flyweight
 
KEYZER-SOZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 428
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
This is where you're wrong...... If Ken was commentating this fight I would have shot myself in the head well before the main event.. I can't stand hearing Ken Shamrock bump his gums...

STRIKEFORCE needs Bas Rutten.
shoot didnt even notice i wrote ken instead of frank but that would be absolutely amazing if they managed to convince el guapo to commemtate for them

But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies- kenny powers
KEYZER-SOZE is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 01:55 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
This is where you're wrong...... If Ken was commentating this fight I would have shot myself in the head well before the main event.. I can't stand hearing Ken Shamrock bump his gums...

STRIKEFORCE needs Bas Rutten.
I would love to see Ken commentate for Strikeforce it would be epically unintentional funny. "Diaz just kicked him with a kick Gus" "He sure did Ken." Come on that shit would be priceless.

I am starting the one man campaign now to have Frank replaced by Ken, if its gonna be bad I want epically bad. Whose with me?




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome