Strikeforce: Diaz vs Noons 2 - Page 25 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Amateur
 
wesshaw1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 112
                     
Calvacante / Jacare Next Fights?

Next for Calvacante? Winner of Hendo vs Babalu?

Next for Jacare? Winner of Lawler vs Lindland?
wesshaw1985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesshaw1985 View Post
Next for Calvacante? Winner of Hendo vs Babalu?

Next for Jacare? Winner of Lawler vs Lindland?
yes and no

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
Diaz has got to fight Daley and Mayhem then move to the UFC.
Nick Diaz left the UFC, he's never even hinted that he wanted to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
The likes of Masvidal, Woodley, Beerbohm and Hieron are good fighters but aren't fights that are gonna help Nick become recognised as one of the top P4P in the world
That makes sense because Heiron doesn't fight for STRIKEFORCE anymore, Beerbohm is LW not a WW, and Masvidal has only fought at WW once in his carreer but he has KOed up and coming UFC LW fighter Joe Lauzon.

Woodley on the other hand? If he gets a couple of more big wins and builds a buzz for himself only to get squashed by Diaz people will notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
only fighting in the UFC will.
What do P4P rankings really mean anyway? Everybodys P4P rankings are different. There are no official P4P rankings from a MMA Consensus that everybody agrees on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
As for Noons he has a lot of good fights at WW and LW in Strikeforce. I would love to see him fight Evangelista Santos! That would be a war!
Noons has at least 6 good fights in front of him right now between the two classes.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #243 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 4,430
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesshaw1985 View Post
Next for Calvacante? Winner of Hendo vs Babalu?

Next for Jacare? Winner of Lawler vs Lindland?
I genuinely think Henderson moving to Strikeforce is the worst move anyone has made in MMA ever.

I think he may well lose to Babalu, then his choices of fight are Mousassi, Lawal, Kennedy or Jorge Santiago... all of which he could well lose.

edlavis88 is offline  
post #244 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
I genuinely think Henderson moving to Strikeforce is the worst move anyone has made in MMA ever.

I think he may well lose to Babalu, then his choices of fight are Mousassi, Lawal, Kennedy or Jorge Santiago... all of which he could well lose.
Damn second rate promotions and their lower calibur fighters.... now what's a guy to do?


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #245 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
I was really hoping to see this event 2day, but after downloading for the last 8 hours I am 75% there making this the most epic download ever, dam


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #246 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 4,430
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Nick Diaz left the UFC, he's never even hinted that he wanted to go back.
What do P4P rankings really mean anyway? Everybodys P4P rankings are different. There are no official P4P rankings from a MMA Consensus that everybody agrees on.
I suppose i don't really mean P4P. I just would have thought Nick himself would see it as a missed opportunity if in 20 years he looks back and knows he missed a chance to fight the best.
I just put Beerbohm and Masvidal in there cos Strikeforce's WW division is a bit empty and Nick has been known to drop weight and go up to fight guys - my point was even with the best on offer for him to fight, Diaz still wont be testing himself against the best there is. Which if he wants to go down as a great he NEEDS to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
That makes sense because Heiron doesn't fight for STRIKEFORCE anymore,
Since When? I missed that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Woodley on the other hand? If he gets a couple of more big wins and builds a buzz for himself only to get squashed by Diaz people will notice.
Daley and Mayhem are very good fights for him, and by the time he has fought them two Woodley may well be a very credible fight for him too, but he still risks being percieved as someone ducking the best like Fedor is if he doesn't make the move at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Noons has at least 6 good fights in front of him right now between the two classes.
Noons is set for a long time in SF - A lot of LW/WW that could expose him though i fear.

edlavis88 is offline  
post #247 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:05 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
I suppose i don't really mean P4P. I just would have thought Nick himself would see it as a missed opportunity if in 20 years he looks back and knows he missed a chance to fight the best.
I just put Beerbohm and Masvidal in there cos Strikeforce's WW division is a bit empty and Nick has been known to drop weight and go up to fight guys - my point was even with the best on offer for him to fight, Diaz still wont be testing himself against the best there is. Which if he wants to go down as a great he NEEDS to.
At what cost does that UFC contract come with? Guys like Randy, Huerta, Tito, B.J. Penn, Frank Shamrock, and Dan Henderson all left because of the way they were treated or the pay...

Hell, Nick Diaz himself left...

Dana White even cut John Fitch from the UFC roster in a weasel ass move because Fitch didn't want to sign over rights to his name for the UFC Undisputed game...

Alot of lines get blurred when it comes to "the best". GSP, Fitch, Kos I agree. Creme of the crop.

But guys like Thiago Alves.. overyhyped, I doubt Nick is losing sleep over his overrated ass.

In the end, the fighter has to decide what's best for him. And NIck likes to decide when he fights. If Strikeforce doesn't have an opponent for him he'll go grab a paycheck in Japan or a different organization here in the states. He has that option with STRIKEFORCE, to put food on his table at his discretion, not that of a president of another promotion...

The paychecks between Strikeforce and the UFC are almost the same for the marquee fighters but if Nick wants to fight 5 times a year right now.. he has that option.

He wouldn't have that option in the UFC. That might have something to do with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
Since When? I missed that!
It's been a couple of months now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
Daley and Mayhem are very good fights for him, and by the time he has fought them two Woodley may well be a very credible fight for him too
This is STRIKEFORCE we're talking about you have to remember Coker makes big fights happen.

I'd almost bet Scott feeds Bellators WW top dogs to Nick Diaz as well. Or even Shinya Aoki, the jits in that fight would be nuts...bottem line there are alot of fights possible for Nick Diaz still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
but he still risks being percieved as someone ducking the best like Fedor is if he doesn't make the move at some point.
I think that only matters to people on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
Noons is set for a long time in SF - A lot of LW/WW that could expose him though i fear.
I don't think so. He showed his heart, skill, and technique against Nick Diaz, Alot of fighters have not lasted 5 rounds with Nick at such a competitive level.

I really want to see Noons back at LW. He'd be interesting to watch there.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #248 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Amateur
 
wesshaw1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 112
                     
Can't see Diaz going anywhere at the min. Hes a top man at Strikeforce and they should treat him as such

Last edited by wesshaw1985; 10-10-2010 at 07:15 PM.
wesshaw1985 is offline  
post #249 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,299
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
I was really hoping to see this event 2day, but after downloading for the last 8 hours I am 75% there making this the most epic download ever, dam
Sure you cant just watch a stream? As of right now I think you should be able to find one.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #250 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I love how you can show people proof that Daiz took the fight and all they have to come back with is "oh the numbers are wrong" lol.


http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/10/...ic-report.html

Its simple even though you dont like him he won convincingly again reaffirming his place as a top ten fighter.
Here's more compustrike for the entire card....

http://compustrike.com/stats_files/s...ce_10_9_10.php


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome