What's next for SF:Houston fighters - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Why Melendez

Who doesn't want to see KJ vs. Diaz again?? Is there even one person who doesn't?

Gibert should get Alvarez
BobbyCooper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Why Melendez

Who doesn't want to see KJ vs. Diaz again?? Is there even one person who doesn't?

Gibert should get Alvarez
I'd like to see Noons vs Diaz but Noons vs Melendez and Diaz vs Miller make far more sense to me. Diaz vs Miller makes sense from a business point of view for SF too, could get some major hype out of that fight.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
I'd like to see Noons vs Diaz but Noons vs Melendez and Diaz vs Miller make far more sense to me. Diaz vs Miller makes sense from a business point of view for SF too, could get some major hype out of that fight.
Thats true! But Noons and Diaz have an even better history in my mind with the controversial first fight.

Miller is to big for WW I guess. And Nick will not move up, just to fight him.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
Diaz moved up to fight Shamrock and Smith, so saying he won't move up to fight Miller suggests to me he's a little scared of a fight with Miller. Scared might be the wrong word, but he's moved up in the past and I'm sure Miller would be happy with a catchweight bout at 180lbs like the Shamrock and Smith fights so there's no excuse really. You're right about Diaz-Noons though, could hype that fight nicely too. Strikeforce could set up some really good fights if they do things right!

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Yup, those fight alone are UFC calibre!

I think he is a little scared to fight him at MW. But Miller called him out as far as I know^^ soo
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Thats true! But Noons and Diaz have an even better history in my mind with the controversial first fight.

Miller is to big for WW I guess. And Nick will not move up, just to fight him.
Eh what was controversial about the first fight Diaz got his ass beat. The controversy is a drunk Papa Noons getting into a brawl with the Diaz brothers. I want to see Gilbert/Noons. Noons is clearly the number one contender right now at 155 he shouldn't be jumping weight classes.
osmium is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
Yeah, Miller's called him out on more than 1 occasion. Here's the latest video of him calling Nick out:


Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Eh what was controversial about the first fight Diaz got his ass beat. The controversy is a drunk Papa Noons getting into a brawl with the Diaz brothers. I want to see Gilbert/Noons. Noons is clearly the number one contender right now at 155 he shouldn't be jumping weight classes.
Thats what was controversial

Seeing him fight a Wrestler is the least appealing thing right now. KJ is a striker, not as well rounded as Gilbert. I don't see him beating Gilbert but I truly believe he will wreck Nick a second time.

After he beat Nick, let him fight Gilbert! The WW devision is probably the weakest in SF anyway.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
Diaz moved up to fight Shamrock and Smith, so saying he won't move up to fight Miller suggests to me he's a little scared of a fight with Miller. Scared might be the wrong word, but he's moved up in the past and I'm sure Miller would be happy with a catchweight bout at 180lbs like the Shamrock and Smith fights so there's no excuse really. You're right about Diaz-Noons though, could hype that fight nicely too. Strikeforce could set up some really good fights if they do things right!
See the problem with both Diaz vs Noons and Diaz vs Miller is that they are both nothing more than just grudge matches, and in the case of Diaz vs Noons its worse than that because it would mean Noons moving up to 170 and been given a instant title fight even tho he has never fought before at 170.

would sooner see Noons take a title run at 155 where he is a proven fighter rather than take on a grudge match against Diaz at 170, it just seems pointless in the sporting sense to let Noons take a title shot against Diaz at 170, so what if they fought each other at LW over 3 years ago and Noons won that means nothing any more, Noons should be thinking about preparing himself for a run at the LW title ahead of anything else, Meledez is the man he should be thinking about because he is not going to be an easy man to take the LW title from.

say after a couple more fight at SF Noons ether has the LW belt and he wants to move up to WW to face Diaz as Champion vs Champion then by all means its a fight they should make happen but his first priory should be the LW belt. Same goes for Miller at MW he should have his mind set on the MW No.1 contender position and get over his personal grudge against Diaz, even tho I have a deep suspicion that Miller could well be the unannounced opponent at the next SF event and the reason it could be currently unannounced could be because they are waiting to see what the best catch weight is for the fight, or maybe to see if miller can cut enough weight to create a suitable catch weight fight, if not maybe they have someone else in mind to fill the gap in millers place but they may want to know if Miller can make weight first


KillerShark1985 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome