Top Fighters W/ Biggest holes in game - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 02:16 AM
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,222
                     
Now, you can do this two ways.

Who's the best fighter with a big hole in his game?

Brock Lesnar's a top fighter in the division and his standup is pretty abysmal. That's the easy call. I mean, watching When I watch Brock Lesnar box, I wonder who put four-ounce gloves on an 800 pound gorilla and put double sided tape on the bottoms of his feet.

Of good fighters, who's the one with the biggest hole in his game?

I love me some Anthony Johnson, but that man's jiu-jitsu is facepalm worthy. It makes me sad.



Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
                     
Josh Koscheck: Inability to instigate an exciting fight.
jesterhead is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
elitemmagoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: thousand oaks
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Kovenant View Post
JDS hasn't really been tested BJJ wise in the UFC, not enough info to speak on that.

Rashad has only been KO'd once, kinda hard to say he has a weak chin.
Rashad has been shown to have a terrible chin. He is very easily rocked. His fights with silva, and Rampage he was hit with one solid shot, and took a full round to recover. and the only reason Silva didnt finish him was because he chose to taunt him. Once he gets rocked, he takes far to long to recover.

http://elitemmagym.com/ <check this out. i go here, awsome staff. also if your in southern california come bye for a free class
elitemmagoer is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 05:42 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 87
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterhead View Post
Josh Koscheck: Inability to instigate an exciting fight.
lllllllllllooooooooooolllllllll
Can't stand that D-Bag!!
perfection1st is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitemmagoer View Post
Rashad has been shown to have a terrible chin. He is very easily rocked. His fights with silva, and Rampage he was hit with one solid shot, and took a full round to recover. and the only reason Silva didnt finish him was because he chose to taunt him. Once he gets rocked, he takes far to long to recover.
Nah, Thiago had a bad back and ran out of gas. He didn't have anything left before that, that's why he kept taunting to try to get Rashad to come to him. Rashad was stupid and did but once he didn't get KO'd, Thiago couldn't do shit but hope Rashad came to him again.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
I did mean Sonnen, you are 100% correct. Not sure how I screwed that one up.

Silva actually does have pretty bad TDD. Blame it on his unwillingness to change his stand up stance or style, but he leaves himself open. I'm not just saying because of the Sonnen fight, I have said it about him for a while. Granted this is the third time in the UFC he has proven why he doesn't mind the ground as he won by sub again. I think he just doesn't care. To get him down you have to come within his striking range, and if you get him to the ground his lanky limbs make him just as dangerous standing up.
hmmm well you might have a point, i was thinking that he hasn't been taken down many times. But that could be because he hasn't faced alot of wrestlers. Hendo took him down as well so i guess his TDD is kinda mediocre.
Or like you said he just doesnt care if he gets taken down or not since he's been winning anyway.
mmaswe82 is offline  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 302
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
How do you say that about a guy who has dropped 80% of his opponents with punches? Lesnar's stand up may not be pretty but its has been effective against almost everyone he has fought.
I don't think he's comfortable exchanging, and he panics during exchanges. He's not awful, but that's a hole in his game.

We are talking about fighters with the biggest holes.
dav35 is offline  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Brock Lesnar has to improve his striking, and i'm pretty sure that after 116 he is going to do it. He just does not seem comfortable during exchanges.

Mousasi's loss to King Mo really made everybody think about his TDD defense, since he was talked of being the future of the division, i look at him as a top fighter with a big hole.

Rauno is offline  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
JiPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 82
                     
James Toney - Martial Arts not named Boxing
JiPi is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
All Eyez on Me
 
vilify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,481
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilify View Post
Lesnar - Heart
Chuck - Chin
Rampage - being one dimensional
Sonnen - learn basic BJJ and quit talking so much shit
GSP - stop humping people for so long it bores the fans
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav35 View Post
how exactly does lesnar lack heart?
Do I still need to explain
vilify is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome