Rank The 5 Best LWs In The World.... And Explain Why... - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #41 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 780
Syxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to beholdSyxx Paq is a splendid one to behold
While i greatly enjoy this mod fight, and apparently being "learned" on both sides of a shinya aoki argument, i figured this thread would have a lot more to do with the non UFC LWs than it does. Ben Henderson has been mentioned once, in relation to the aoki question, is it really so apparent that he isnt worthy of being called a world class LW?
__________________
special thanks to
Matt Hughes
Rashad Evans
Shane Carwin
Anderson Silva
and of course Gray Maynard

NPFFL: JDS, Bisping, Rampage, Kampmann
Syxx Paq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,598
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Aoki and the other Dream fighters will never be able to hack in the UFC or Strikeforce against the top fighters. When Dream closes it's doors, my guess is they will hide in Sengoku.
sure bud
__________________

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,898
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Aoki and the other Dream fighters will never be able to hack in the UFC or Strikeforce against the top fighters. When Dream closes it's doors, my guess is they will hide in Sengoku.
I actually disagree I think Aoki will at least have the balls to try his luck. I think at that point all his fans will say he is just past his prime.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 243
The Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
You are talking about getting started. Aoki is not getting started; he is well into his career. GSP fought his way up and then took on the best in his division. Aoki started fighting cans, and then went on to fight guys who were descent. Other than Melendez he has yet to fight top guys, so he doesn't deserve to be top 5. Aoki never beat any of those other fighters to propel him stardom. I don't think you can consider BJ a stepping stone either. Edgar won the title not used him to climb through the ranks, which is what a stepping stone is. If Aoki was young in the sport and looking to fight top competition that would be one thing, but a guy like that isn't considered top 5 in his weight class.
look at Aoki 1st 15 fights. You mean to tell me the Soti, Mach, Hansen and Kuuchki twice isnt tough compition.
And you guys have an Elitist attitude about whos tough compitition and whos not. IMO is fair ground. Like i said before, if Japan has LESSER compition, why dont fighters from the US come and prove them wrong? Because they fail most of the time and vice versa. No country has better fighter than the other. And i dont see why America is acting so damn high and mighty when most of there champs are Brazillian
__________________
6'0 254 lbs 1-0 Amatuer
BW: Masakazu Imanari FW: Hastu Hioki LW:Eddie Alveraz WW: Mauris Zaromskis MW: Hector Lombard LHW: Christian M'Pumbu HW: Sergei Kharintonov
The Amarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 243
The Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By All
Another promblem is fan loyalty. Since Aoki lost he is a scrub? Why going into the Kawajiri fight i was rooting for Aoki.
Is it because he is a non-Zuffa fighter. I smell Zuffa-Zombies.
Any promo outside of the UFC has "lesser" compition because big bad Dana says so.
The reason people believe this is other promos have a hard time getting the word out in America since its UFC territory.
I bet you over-seas in Asia the UFC is having a harder time getting the word out since its DREAM/WVR territory.
__________________
6'0 254 lbs 1-0 Amatuer
BW: Masakazu Imanari FW: Hastu Hioki LW:Eddie Alveraz WW: Mauris Zaromskis MW: Hector Lombard LHW: Christian M'Pumbu HW: Sergei Kharintonov
The Amarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,898
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amarok View Post
look at Aoki 1st 15 fights. You mean to tell me the Soti, Mach, Hansen and Kuuchki twice isnt tough compition.
And you guys have an Elitist attitude about whos tough compitition and whos not. IMO is fair ground. Like i said before, if Japan has LESSER compition, why dont fighters from the US come and prove them wrong? Because they fail most of the time and vice versa. No country has better fighter than the other. And i dont see why America is acting so damn high and mighty when most of there champs are Brazillian
The Japanese want Japanese hero's so they produce them by giving them easy fights or at least fights that stylistically are good for them. They also structure the rules to give the Japanese who are typically horrible wrestlers an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amarok View Post
Another promblem is fan loyalty. Since Aoki lost he is a scrub? Why going into the Kawajiri fight i was rooting for Aoki.
Is it because he is a non-Zuffa fighter. I smell Zuffa-Zombies.
Any promo outside of the UFC has "lesser" compition because big bad Dana says so.
The reason people believe this is other promos have a hard time getting the word out in America since its UFC territory.
I bet you over-seas in Asia the UFC is having a harder time getting the word out since its DREAM/WVR territory.
It has nothing to do with "Zufaa Zombies" I don't care were you fight but fight on an even playing field (fighting a Japanese fighter in Japan has not been a fair fight since Pancrease.) Aoki has won one fight that wasn't a great match up for him to get a win. That was against Alvarez were he was allowed to basically scoot around stalling to get it to the ground explain to me how the same country that punishes wrestlers for stalling can see that as anything different? Oh yeah cause most wrestlers aren't Japanese but Aoki is. He will never be allowed to do that outside Japan and he will run into a lot more fighters with solid wrestling who he can't take down. Thats not blind following the UFC its not being oblivious to the fact that MMA in Japan has always been corrupt and the fact that outside Japan Aoki will always look as threatening as a gaggle of baby geese.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,324
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
All I have to say is if sherk is not in you're top five and kenflo is, you're wrong.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 10,999
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
What are the "Zufaa Zombies"? By the way my top 5 are (1) Frankie Edgar, (2) BJ Penn, (3) Gilbert Meledez, (4) Eddie Alveraz, and (5) Shinya Aoki!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #49 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 243
The Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By All
my top 5
1. Frankie Edgar
2.Gilbert Melendaz
3.Shinya Aoki
4.Gray Maynard
5.Eddie Alveraz
__________________
6'0 254 lbs 1-0 Amatuer
BW: Masakazu Imanari FW: Hastu Hioki LW:Eddie Alveraz WW: Mauris Zaromskis MW: Hector Lombard LHW: Christian M'Pumbu HW: Sergei Kharintonov
The Amarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 10,999
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
I guess Gray is up there, though I'm not sure BJ still isn't up there!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios