General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.
09-08-2010, 02:45 AM
On a Rampage
Join Date: May 2007
Ariel Hawani's rankings
1. Brock Lesnar (5-1) - I know a lot of people disagree with having Lesnar in the No. 1 spot, but if you ask me, his last four wins have been more impressive than anyone else's.
2. Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1) - Doesn't look like we'll be seeing him in 2010 again.
3. Fedor Emelianenko (31-2, 1 NC) - No word on what's next for him yet.
4. Cain Velasquez (8-0) - Velasquez gets his shot at the title at UFC 121.
5. Junior dos Santos (13-1) - Dos Santos faces the winner of Lesnar-Velasquez.
6. Shane Carwin (12-1) - This has not been a good summer for Shane Carwin.
7. Alistair Overeem (32-11, 1 NC) - Strikeforce's loss is K-1 gain; Overeem is entering the K-1 Final 16.
8. Frank Mir (13-5) - Faces Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 119. I like Mir.
9. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC) - Had to pull out of UFC 119 due to a hip injury.
10. Roy Nelson (15-5) - Tough loss at UFC 117, but I think Nelson won over a lot of fans with his heart. He'll be out for a few months due to knee surgery.
Honorable mention: Antonio Silva, Josh Barnett, Mirko Cro Cop, Aleksander Emelianenko, Jeff Monson, Brett Rogers.
1. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-4) - Dana White recently said Rua will be back mid-2011
2. Lyoto Machida (16-1) - Will face Rampage Jackson in November in Michigan.
3. Rashad Evans (15-1-1) - He's holding out for a healthy Shogun.
4. Quinton Jackson (30-8) - See #2
5. Forrest Griffin (17-6) - Forced to pull out of his UFC 114 fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira due to a shoulder injury. No word on his return.
6. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-3) - Faces Ryan Bader at UFC 119.
7. Jon Jones (12-1) - Looked impressive (again) against Matyushenko on Aug. 1.
8. Thiago Silva (14-2) - Silva had to pull out of UFC 117 due to a nagging back injury.
9. Randy Couture (19-10) - It will be interesting to see who the UFC matches Couture up against after his win over James Toney.
10. Ryan Bader (11-0) - See #6.
Honorable Mention: Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, Muhammed Lawal, Gegard Mousasi, Rich Franklin, Vladimir Matyushenko,
1. Anderson Silva (27-4) - Pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history when he beat Chael Sonnen in the fifth round at UFC 117.
2. Chael Sonnen (25-11-1) - Looks like Sonnen will get another crack at Silva after all.
3. Jake Shields (26-4-1) - Will make his UFC debut as a welterweight at UFC 121 against Martin Kampmann. Keeping him at middleweight for the moment.
4. Nate Marquardt (29-9-2) - Will face Rousimar Palhares at UFN 22.
5. Demian Maia (13-2) - Defeated Mario Miranda at UFC 118.
6. Dan Henderson (25-9) - All signs point to him fighting Renato "Babalu" Sobral next.
7. Yushin Okami (25-5) - Rumors swirling that he will face Vitor Belfort next.
8. Ronaldo Souza (13-2, 1 NC) - The new Strikeforce middleweight champion.
9. Vitor Belfort (19-8) - See above.
10. Alan Belcher (16-6) - Had to pull out of his fight against Demian Maia due to a detached retina.
Honorable Mention: Yoshihiro Akiyama, Kazuo Misaki, Jorge Santiago, Mamed Khalidov, Michael Bisping, Chris Leben.
1. Georges St-Pierre (20-2) - Will face Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in December.
2. Jon Fitch (22-3, 1 NC) - All he does is continue to win.
3. Jake Shields (25-4-1) - Will make his UFC debut as a welterweight at UFC 121 against Martin Kampmann.
4. Nick Diaz (22-7) - Will defend his Strikeforce title against KJ Noons in October.
5. Thiago Alves (16-5) - Dana White wants him to move up to 185, but he refuses to do so.
6. Dan Hardy (23-8) - Will face Carlos Condit at UFC 120.
7. Martin Kampmann (17-3) - See #3.
8. Paulo Thiago (13-1) - Faces Diego Sanchez at UFC 121.
9. Josh Koscheck (15-4) - See #1.
10. Matt Hughes (45-7) - It doesn't look like Hughes is going anywhere any time soon.
Honorable Mention: Paul Daley, Matt Serra, Mike Swick, Jay Hieron, Carlos Condit, Dan Hornbuckle.
1. Frankie Edgar (13-1) - Edgar dominated BJ Penn for five full rounds in their rematch at UFC 118. Time to give him the respect he deserves.
2. BJ Penn (15-7-1) - See #1.
3. Gray Maynard (10-0, 1 NC) - Maynard's impressive win over Florian at 118 finally sets him up for a title shot against Edgar.
4. Kenny Florian (13-5) - I don't think Florian chokes in big fights. He just ran into a tougher and more determined Maynard.
5. Gilbert Melendez (18-2) - Pushing for a fight against Eddie Alvarez, but I feel like it won't happen.
6. Shinya Aoki (24-5) - Looked like his old self defeating Tatsuya Kawajiri at DREAM.15.
7. Eddie Alvarez (19-2) - Faces Roger Huerta in a non-title fight in October.
8. Ben Henderson (12-1) - Looks like he'll be facing Anthony Pettis in December.
9. Tatsuya Kawajiri (26-6-2) - Didn't fare well against Aoki.
10. Evan Dunham (11-0) - Faces Sean Sherk at UFC 119 on Sept. 25.
Honorable Mention: George Sotiropoulos, Josh Thomson, Sean Sherk, Takanori Gomi, Jim Miller, "JZ" Cavalcante, Mizuto Hirota, Eiji Mitsuoka.
Not a lot I disagree with here. I think Fedor should be a little lower, and maybe switch Melendez and Florian, but I think it's a good list.
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off