Ironmen of MMA
who are the best ironmen of MMA (fighters with over 50 fights and fought in ufc/pride)? heres the top 20 of fighters
1. Travis "the ironman" Fulton- 313 fights: 245 wins (193 finishes, 149 submissions, 90ko/tko all 3 statistics are highest in mma), 48 losses, 10 draws debut 1996. that equals 256 in 14 years or 18 fights per year. fought in 89 different promotions
defeated Jeremy Horn, Heath Herring, Joe Riggs, Jason Miller, Wes Sims and Cabbage. is 1-1 in ufc winning his last fight. also fought Ryan Jensen, Lindland, Severn, Minowa, Mario Neto, Matyushenko, Ian Freeman, Ricco, Babalu, TK, Tanner, Schall, Franklin, Wiuff, Eric Pele, Rothwell, Tuscherer and Forrest Griffin.
Fought Tony Day 3 times in a row (all ko/tko wins in abut 1minute) 4 times overall fought Dan Wheatley 3 times in a row with Matt Albright in between, same result as with Tony Day.
Won 23 fights in a row, lost to Mike Whitehead and then won another 20 in a row for combined 43-1!
Has 38 clean KO's (not TKO)
Won 35 submission (strikes) fights with 5 in a row (including 2 over Bruce Nelson who he fought 4 times) 31 via arm bar submission (3 triangle armbar)and could rival Giva Santana's 10 armbar wins in a row, won 25 by RNC 13 by guillotine and twice by heel hook twice by keylock, once by headlock, twice by kimura
2. Dan "the beast" Severn- 121 fights, 98 wins, 16 losses, 7 draws debut 1994 58 submission wins 2nd highest in MMA. fought in 59 different promos (3rd highest)
defeated Taktarov, Tank, Ken Shamrock, Travis Fulton (3 times), Shannon Ritch (twice)
went undefeated for 24 fights
won early UFC tournament and is 9-4 in UFC.
has 10 keylock wins along with 10 RNC's, Arm bars, Kimuras, triangle chokes (and arm triangles), guillotines, neck crank, reverse arm bar, head lock, jaw lock, scarf hold and front choke, making him the most versatile submission mma fighter.
3. Jeremy Horn- 112 fights: 87 wins (56 submission wins 3rd highest in MMA), 20 losses, 5 ties. debut 1996 was on an 18 fight win streak, defeated chuck liddell, gilbert yvel, forrest griffin, travis fulton, Dean Lister, Chael Sonnen (3 times)David Loiseau, Josh Burkman, Trevor Prangley, Court Mcgee, Jason Guida, Sean Salmon, numerous UFC appearences but is 6-7 in UFC. fought in 45 different promotions (4th highest)
has 13 wins by armbar and 15 by RNC
4. Adrian Serrano 89 fights 56 wins (38 subs 4th highest in MMA) 29 losses 4 draws debut in 1996
fought in ufc 26 and lost to Shonie Carter.fought in 38 different promotios. currently retired.
has won by 9 various submissions including hammerlock (twice), guillotine, armbar, rnc, kimura, keylock (twice), armlock, forearm choke, neck crank
5. Shonie "Mr. International" Carter 83 fights 49 wins 27 losses 7 draws debut 1997. currently retired.
fought Dave menne, Pat Miletich, steve berger, adrian serrano, chris lytle, nate marquardt, matt serra, jeremy jackson, Jon Fitch, Karo, Liaudin, Quarry, Macdonald, Goulet, Jason Black, Pyle, Marcus Davis, Carlos Newton, and Rick Hawn and is 3-3 in UFC.fought in 38 different promotions
6. Travis Wiuff- 77 fights: 63 wins, 14 losses debut 2001
defeated Keith Jardine, Travis Fulton (3 times)Matt Horwich, Jason Guida, Ricco, Tusch, Fujita, Monson and also fought cabbage, jason lambert, schoenauer, eastman, Hamman, King Mo, Nedkov, and Mike Kyle.
19 fight win streak
fought twice for UFC but lost both. fought in 38 different promotions.
7. Dennis "Superman" Hallman 65 fights 50 wins (38 submission wins 6th highest in MMA) 12 losses and 2 draws
won his first 11 fights
defeated Matt Hughes, Shannon Ritch, Rory Singer and Ben Saunders, Karo Parisyan
and fought Dave Menne, Jens Pulver, Trigg, Fickett, Rivera
currently fights for ufc where he holds a record of 3-4 including a win over Matt Hughes. he holds 2 wins over Matt Hughes both being by submission at about 20 seconds
he holds 15 wins by RNC
8. Joe Doerksen- 61 fights 46 wins (33 submissions) and 15 losses.
was on a 12 fight win streak
fought Matt Hughes, Loiseau, Kang, Leben, Riggs, Cote, Lindland, Macdonald, Marquardt, Foster, Filho, Ed Herman, Lawlor, CB. is 2-6 in ufc
won 11 fights by RNC and 7 by triangle
9. Joe Jordan 60 fights 46 wins 12 losses 2 draws debut in 2002
fought previously for ufc. went undefeated for 15 fights and is currently on 23-1 win record, though some of the guys he fought include Matt Albright (2-24) Kenneth Allen (1-28) and Mike Kofoot (0-9) Sam Jackson (8-7) Ryan Scheeper (4-23) and Jay Ellis twice(11-40) and might be on the other end of a list. all the others had about couple of fights total.
10. Igor Vovchanchyn 60 fights 49 wins (26 by ko/tko which is 3rd highest overall in MMA) 10 losses 1 draw debut in 1995 currently retired. the only fighter in the top 20 not to have fought in ufc.
went undefeated in 31 matches!and won 21 fights in a row from 1995-2000.
got 5 KO wins in a row, 10 overall
defeated Gary Goodridge (twice), Sakuraba, Yvel, Valentjin Overeem, and Yuki Kondo. fought for the Pride 2000 OWGP final against Mark Coleman
11.Rich Clementi 58 fights: 39 wins (20 submissions) 18 losses 1 draw
holds wins over Golyaev, Ryan Schultz, joe jordan, Rumble, Guillard, Stout and Etim
and fought steve berger, pete spratt, Edwards,Caol Uno, Din Thomas Aurelio Maynard, Tibau and Mulhern and is 5-5 in UFC
12. Yves Edwards- 57 fights 40 wins 16 losses and 1 draw
fought Marquardt, Shannon Ritch, Aaron Riley, Rumina Sato, Pete Spratt, Matt Serra, Caol Uno, Rich Clementi, Kawajiri, Hermes Franca, Josh Thomson, Mishima, Hansen, Stevenson, MTB, Masvidal, Noons, Ludwig, Gunderson, is 7-4 in the ufc.
13. Ricco Rodriguez- 56 fights, 45 wins (23 submissions, 12 tko) 11 losses. fought in 38 promos
defeated Travis Fulton (twice), Gary Goodrige, Paul Buentello, Andrei Arlovski, Pete Williams, Jeff Monson, TK, Couture
has 8 arm bar submission wins, and also smother choke, knee bar, elbow, front choke, RNC, guillotine and heel hook
14. Drew "Night Rider" Fickett- 54 fights, 41 wins (29 submissions) 13 losses debut 1999
defeated Edwin Dewees, Dennis Hallman, Carlo Prater (twice), Kenny Florian, Josh Neer, Josh Koscheck, Kurt pellegrino, Keita Nakamura, Mark Weir, Nick Lentz, Derrick Noble, Crazy Horse
won by technical submission twice in a row in UFC against Josh Neer and Josh Koscheck, following a loss to a third Josh in Josh Burkman. left the ufc on a win being 4-3
has 15 RNC wins and 5 chokes which are unspecified
15. Chris Lytle- 53 fights 30 wins (24 finishes) 18 losses 5 draws debut 1999. had 53rd fight scheduled.
fought 13 fights for pancrase
was never knocked out
won by various submissions including armbar, guillotine, triangle, arm triangle, rnc, bulldog choke, forearm choke, triangle kimura, kneebar and straight armbar
fought Jason Delucia, Dave Menne, Minowa, Shonie Carter, Misaki, Nick Diaz, Aaron Riley, Robbie Lawler, Pete Spratt, Tiki Ghosn, Karo Parisyan, Pat Healy, Joe Riggs, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Thiago Alves, Matt Brown, Kyle Bradley, Josh Koscheck, Paul Taylor, Marcus Davis, Kevin Burns, Brian Foster and has the most ufc fotn awards with 7.
16. Matt Hughes- 53 fights, 45 wins 8 losses debut 1998
defeated Dave Mene, Gono, Doerksen, Newton, Sakurai, Trigg, Sherk, GSP, Verissimo, Riggs, Royce Gracie, Penn, Lytle, Serra, Renzo, Almeida
was on 18 fight win streak, followed with 2 losses, then won another 13 fights, followed by losing again and won another 6 for overall and just lost in the rubber match to Penn 37-3 (the 3 being Pele, Hallman and Penn)
former ufc welterweight champion
17. Gilbert Yvel- 53 fights 36 wins 16 losses 1 draws. 31 knockouts (2nd highest in MMA) and holds 14 clean knockouts. also holds 3 dq losses(ko'd ref, eye gouging don frye, biting)
fought Valentjin Overeem, TK (3 times), Dan Henderson, Tamura, Rizzo, Goodridge, Wanderlei, Fujita, Vovchanchyn, Frye, Horn, Tabera, Kongo, Minowa, Kita, Josh Barnett, JDS, Rothwell. is 0-2 in ufc with a fight coming up.
18. Nick Thompson- 53 fights 38 wins (32 finishes) 14 losses and 1 draw debut 2003. Retired after loss to Askren
fought Yushin Okami, Ed Herman, Karo Parisyan, jake shields, Tim kennedy, Dan Hornbuckle and beat Eddie Alvarez, Paul Daley, Josh Neer, Chris Wilson
is 1-1 in UFC
19. Luis "sapo" Santos- 53 fighs. 47 wins (25 tko) 6 losses. was on 18-0 record when started, thereafter going 29-1. started in 2000. never fought for UFC but currently fights for Strikeforce.
20. Jeff Monson- 52 fights 41 wins (25 submissions) 11 losses debut in 1997.
fought Chuck Liddell, Ricco, Forrest, Anthony Perosh, Fujita, Rizzo, Barnett, Kerr, Armbriz, Roy Nelson, Kharitonov, Wiuff, Abdurahimov, Jason Guida, Fulton, Tony Lopez
was on a 16 fight win streak before losing to Tim Sylvia
was 4-3 in the ufc and fought sylvia for the title.
was on 12 fight winning streak
won 7 fights by North-South Choke and 10 fights by RNC
credit to Toxic: Jeff Monson fought 3 fights in just over 2 weeks (Technically 15 days)on 3 continents and won all 3 and two were against Roy Nelson and Sergei Kharitonov. Funny not about that two is that two weeks after he fought Nelson, Roy cornered him against Kharitonov.
also will remove fighters with alot of Pancrase fights
Last edited by UFC86; 01-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.