Gegard Mousasi Captures DREAM LHW Title... - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 PM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
moussasi is so overrated it is not even funny...ok it is pretty funny.


He will just be a can crusher for the rest of his career.


his best wins are babalu,lombard and jacare.

maybe dennis kang but he is a very inconsistent fighter but thats it.


he just choked out a overweight and unmotivated jake O'brien and some guy who is 8 and 6.

Guy Incognito is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 PM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,367
                     
Yeah, obviously the DREAM lightheavyweight division isn't that deep right now. However, I do believe he is a good fighter who if properly trained and motivated can actually be a threat. His fight against King Mo was obviously a down fight!

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Lit Er Ate View Post
this last fight here, the goodridge fight, most of his fights vs non ranked jokers like o'brian etc when ppl are saying he is actually top 5.


if letting Mo take him down was his gameplan, what a crap gameplan. He gassed out after the 1st round, the only reason it didnt look worse was, so did Mo.
Frank Shamrock used the same game plan to beat Tito. The problem here was what Shamrock knew was he was smaller and in better shape but he would not be able to match strength with a fresh Tito so he let him take him down and didn`t really try to resist Tito much but rather just tried to avoid damage and allow Tito to wear himself out. I think this is what Mousasi intended but I think he stayed to active on his back and wore himself out in the process.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,367
                     
Yeah, it is possible that is what Mousasi had in mind. It might not be the fact that he wore himself out on his back so much as straying from the gameplan. Either that or King Mo might not have followed the gameplan in that he would stand up after taking him down!

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 AM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,503
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Yeah, it is possible that is what Mousasi had in mind. It might not be the fact that he wore himself out on his back so much as straying from the gameplan. Either that or King Mo might not have followed the gameplan in that he would stand up after taking him down!
Mousasi himself said that was his game plan to let King Mo take him down
Quote:
"I'm working a lot on my wrestling so I'm going to fight like it's an MMA fight," Mousasi said. "I'm not just going to try to fight standup. Takedown, takedown defense, standup, everything."
Mousasi is the Former SF Light HW Champion,Current DREAM LHW Champion,He Vacated his MW Dream Title after destroying everyone in the MW division,and then won the Dream LHW Grand Prix.He will easily get the SF belt again because Cavalcante is garbage and he's what 25? Does anyone know who Anderson Silva was at 25? anyone who thinks Mousasi is over rated is a retard.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:31 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Mousasi himself said that was his game plan to let King Mo take him down

Mousasi is the Former SF Light HW Champion,Current DREAM LHW Champion,He Vacated his MW Dream Title after destroying everyone in the MW division,and then won the Dream LHW Grand Prix.He will easily get the SF belt again because Cavalcante is garbage and he's what 25? Does anyone know who Anderson Silva was at 25? anyone who thinks Mousasi is over rated is a retard.
when anderson was 25 it was the year 2000 so of course no one knew who was.


Moussasi is champion can crusher

5 out of his 30 fights wins are good

Renato Sobral
Ronaldo Souza
Denis Kang
Hector Lombard
Jake O'Brien

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,503
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
when anderson was 25 it was the year 2000 so of course no one knew who was.


Moussasi is champion can crusher

5 out of his 30 fights wins are good

Renato Sobral
Ronaldo Souza
Denis Kang
Hector Lombard
Jake O'Brien
Thats 5 more fights then AS, is it his fault that he started MMA in Europe? He went 12-1 before joining Pride raped Hector Lombart in Pride since Pride was considered the go to organization and then went on and fought in Dream.He signed with SF for 6 fights because he was under contract with M-1, so you'r basically gonna be a retard for about 5 more fights until he goes to the UFC.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Thats 5 more fights then AS, is it his fault that he started MMA in Europe? He went 12-1 before joining Pride raped Hector Lombart in Pride since Pride was considered the go to organization and then went on and fought in Dream.He signed with SF for 6 fights because he was under contract with M-1, so you'r basically gonna be a retard for about 5 more fights until he goes to the UFC.
There is a difference between beginning your career in japan/asia and continuing it there when it is severely lacking in real talent. he is just padding his record.

he needs to stay in strikeforce instead of fighting guys with 8-6 records.

But i guess he might just like to stay active although the fights he takes in DREAM don't do him any favours in showcasing his "skill" that would suggest he could take on machida,shogun, bones jones and the like.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,503
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
There is a difference between beginning your career in japan/asia and continuing it there when it is severely lacking in real talent. he is just padding his record.

he needs to stay in strikeforce instead of fighting guys with 8-6 records.

But i guess he might just like to stay active although the fights he takes in DREAM don't do him any favours in showcasing his "skill" that would suggest he could take on machida,shogun, bones jones and the like.
Wtf are you talking about he never left Strikeforce and he went back to Dream because he got invited back since he's the Champ.If Silva fought Mousasi the same way he fought Chael you would see a new MW champ.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 911
                     
If Gayguard faced Chael you would see Gayguard looking like roadkill by the end of the match.

his BJJ vs Mo was unimpressive and Chael is way better MMA wrestler, striker and GnP specialist than Mo.

That is, if Gayguard doesnt gas by mid way thru the 1st....
E Lit Er Ate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome