Alistair Overeem (Roids) - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,353
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethUFC View Post
I just watched his Fight this weekend.. and im sure i was thinking what 99% of you guys were thinking... That guy is roided out of his Mind... He's Massive!

I'm fed up with watching him fight Nobodys.. he moves over to K1 picks on a no name and comes back here. He has be staying out of the way of Fedor for a long time, and i for one am sick of it.... He should allow WAMMA to give him a drug test on 24 hours notice... I might get neg rep for this, but im sure if you call yourself a 'MMA FAN' then you too should have a problem with this bullshit too. /Rant over

EDIT... this is my 500th post on here in 3 years.. Hope you enjoyed them lol thanks for reading.
a) WAMMA shouldn't be issuing any drug tests right now. Their "authority" is just something they decided they have, it's not legitimate in any way.

b) If you're going to give him a drug test on 24 hours notice (kind of silly imo, what if he's on vacation? What if he's training at high altitude? What if he's having a weekend with his girl and doesn't want to be bothered? It seems somewhat inflexible and unreasonable) then every fighter should be subject to that.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,960
Shamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Overreem cut his teeth in pride fighting the best
(shogun. Lidell bignog belfort).
big nog eh?

Rogerio Nogueira x2, not Rodrigo.

And btw, even though I agree with you that Overeem is good, your arguement sucks because anyone can fight good fighters, he lost all of those fights apart from Belfort, who was absolute garbage at these points in his career.
__________________
Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Composure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,722
Composure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of KnowledgeComposure Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Fedor is ducking Overeem more than Overeem is duckiing Fedor. Fedor has ducked the fight up until Overeem had other commitments then suddenly the urge to fight the Reem strikes Fedor? I think Overeem is overrated but Fedor or more likely M-1 are definitely the ones doing the ducking.
I agree with that bit of info. Overeem has been asked in interviews about fighting Fedor and saying Fedor's management declined but then like Toxic said Fedor wanted to fight him when Overeem had other business to attend to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Composure, your one of my fav posters here so I mean this in a sincere way, please keep your hair as far away from long ever again! Lol
Composure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
clearly you guys are jealous of overeem's bod..
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,224
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethUFC View Post
I just watched his Fight this weekend.. and im sure i was thinking what 99% of you guys were thinking... That guy is roided out of his Mind... He's Massive!

I'm fed up with watching him fight Nobodys.. he moves over to K1 picks on a no name and comes back here. He has be staying out of the way of Fedor for a long time, and i for one am sick of it.... He should allow WAMMA to give him a drug test on 24 hours notice... I might get neg rep for this, but im sure if you call yourself a 'MMA FAN' then you too should have a problem with this bullshit too. /Rant over

EDIT... this is my 500th post on here in 3 years.. Hope you enjoyed them lol thanks for reading.
You do know that WAMMA is currently inactive right?
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Overeem was a middle of the road LHW, who simply roid his way into the HW division. He has proved nothing at HW.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mjr
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 540
Mjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level now
Ok what the hell.

Overeem has improved dramatically, yes he is bigger (maybe roids) he hasn't been caught yet so he is innocent, either way he is one of the best MMA strikers if not the best.

Sure we haven't seen to much of him in MMA lately, but you don't need to be a scientist to work out that he will do extremely well against top tier opponents. He is probably the only heavyweight I would pick against Fedor right now, (maybe Cain)

Just because he hasn't been fighting in the sport doesn't mean you can't see how it will translate into MMA, especially with him fighting K1, which is probably the most benefical to MMA right now.

Overeem has become a kickboxing monster, we are lucky to have him fight in MMA, because it's a rare thing to have someone of his size and stand up skill in the sport. Whoever compared his k1 record to James Toney's boxing accomplishments needs to go have a sit in the corner and think about what you are saying, you are so far off the mark it's scary.
Mjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
To the death George
 
DJ Syko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 2,306
DJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He Crosses
he actually weighed lighter than usual at the K1 event, or at least they billed him lighter. They had his weight down as 242lbs when i think he normally weighs around 250+. Theres no doubt that he is on roids and i think he knows that people know this, but he probably thought **** it almost all the other HWs are doing it so i may as well do it too.
__________________
DJ Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
big nog eh?

Rogerio Nogueira x2, not Rodrigo.

And btw, even though I agree with you that Overeem is good, your arguement sucks because anyone can fight good fighters, he lost all of those fights apart from Belfort, who was absolute garbage at these points in his career.
How can you be so blind to post garbage about who Overeem has lost to in the past, have you ever watch him fight in the last 3 years since those losses because if you have how it is possible that you have failed to notice the the medium skilled LHW who lost to those great LHW's back then no longer exists, instead you have the most powerful and skilled HW in all of mixed martial arts, nobody has improved more than Overeem in the last 3 years and I do mean NOBODY.

sure the likes of Shogun and Little Nog may have beaten him back then but I would love to see ether be able to do that again now, seriously both skill and strength wise he has out grown them both while they remain the same in fact I would say even in the case of Shogun slightly lessor fighters than they where back then Overeem has become a much greater fighter and you dont need names on your record to be able to see that you just need to watch the guy fight to see that he has improved leaps and bounds.

Could steroids have aided his ridiculous level of improvement over the last 3 years? Maybe his body does open up undoubted suspicion, but you can't say for sure because he has never been tested positive so maybe he has just worked his ass off to improve both his skill and his strength, in which case he deserves credit as been the best HW in the world because that is what he has become, and in time the fans who dont see the skill when watching him fight and instead only look at ststs on a wiki page will see it to because no matter who they stick in front of him they are getting KO'ed.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,961
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
How can you be so blind to post garbage about who Overeem has lost to in the past, have you ever watch him fight in the last 3 years since those losses because if you have how it is possible that you have failed to notice the the medium skilled LHW who lost to those great LHW's back then no longer exists, instead you have the most powerful and skilled HW in all of mixed martial arts, nobody has improved more than Overeem in the last 3 years and I do mean NOBODY.

sure the likes of Shogun and Little Nog may have beaten him back then but I would love to see ether be able to do that again now, seriously both skill and strength wise he has out grown them both while they remain the same in fact I would say even in the case of Shogun slightly lessor fighters than they where back then Overeem has become a much greater fighter and you dont need names on your record to be able to see that you just need to watch the guy fight to see that he has improved leaps and bounds.

Could steroids have aided his ridiculous level of improvement over the last 3 years? Maybe his body does open up undoubted suspicion, but you can't say for sure because he has never been tested positive so maybe he has just worked his ass off to improve both his skill and his strength, in which case he deserves credit as been the best HW in the world because that is what he has become, and in time the fans who dont see the skill when watching him fight and instead only look at ststs on a wiki page will see it to because no matter who they stick in front of him they are getting KO'ed.
ill be honest i dont folloe alistairs career much, but som1 on this showed me b4 and after pics of overeem and it seems humanly impossible to get that growth in a span like that, from skinny willy to dutch meathead, and ill say something controversial i think shogun would beat alistair again
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios