DREAM Dynamite!! 2010 - Page 24 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #231 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,354
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
how many HW fights do you think the UFC put on last year, from all there events, prelims and fight nights included?
You've posted the little comparative division by division table about 14 times, but I can't remember the exact number. It's not many. But there's not much the UFC can do when their HW division is quite small (the amount of quality HW's worldwide is a small number, majority of them are in the UFC) and Brock, Carwin, Cain, Nog and Barry have all been injured, with Nelson having contractual issues.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Michael Bisping
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #232 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
are you just going to ignore the fact that Overeem had 5 K-1 fights as well last year on top of that.

Does the UFC even have ANYONE with 46 Pro-MMA fights under them, never mind anyone with that kind of experience in there prime like the Reem is.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #233 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
are you just going to ignore the fact that Overeem had 5 K-1 fights as well last year on top of that.

Does the UFC even have ANYONE with 46 Pro-MMA fights under them, never mind anyone with that kind of experience in there prime like the Reem is.
Yes.

Yves Edwards, Matt Hughes, Matt Hallman.

There are other near it as well, such as Rampage, Big Nog, etc.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #234 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Yes.

Yves Edwards, Matt Hughes, Matt Hallman.

There are other near it as well, such as Rampage, Big Nog, etc.
He was obviously referring to the HW division, considering this entire argument has been about the HW division.

Moron.
Mckeever is offline  
post #235 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
He was obviously referring to the HW division, considering this entire argument has been about the HW division.

Moron.
No, he obviously said anyone, in big capital letters.


Moron.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #236 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,354
                     
Wow, I usually love that Japanese Announcer, but the introduction of Jason High was one of the most irritating noises I've heard for a while. Much better at announcing Japanese guys.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Michael Bisping
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #237 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
The Japanese announcers always adds extra syllables when announcing American fighters.

Seriously, it's TODD. Not Toe-Doe.


Anyway, this is bound to be an absolutely horrendous fight barring some type of one shot KO from the porn star.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #238 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
its not that any of the names mentioned are still in there peak anyway all are getting on a bit now more so when you look at the division they are in, unlike the Reem who is just coming into top form, in comparison they are all now irrelevant.

Only one I can think of is Melvin Guillard who has age on his side and the experience to match if we are going to look at all division.

same can be said for about experience Mousasi against the LHW's at the UFC, I not going to say who I think would win or lose only that it would be a great fight between to great fighters that would answer a big question, but Mousasi vs Jones right now would be the greatest cross promotion fight possible


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #239 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
its not that any of the names mentioned are still in there peak anyway all are getting on a bit now more so when you look at the division they are in, unlike the Reem who is just coming into top form, in comparison they are all now irrelevant.

Only one I can think of is Melvin Guillard who has age on his side and the experience to match if we are going to look at all division.

same can be said for about experience Mousasi against the LHW's at the UFC, I not going to say who I think would win or lose only that it would be a great fight between to great fighters that would answer a big question, but Mousasi vs Jones right now would be the greatest cross promotion fight possible
Why? Mousasi can't even defend a double leg takedown.

King Mo was so gassed he was essentially falling over on Mousasi.

Jones would win that fight easily.

I'd rather see Shogun vs Cavalcante

Experience also isn't necessarily a good thing either, I'm not sure why you are acting like it is the end all be all. It also represents wear and tear, and of course a ticking time bomb on Overeem's already questionable punch resistance.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #240 of 288 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Why? Mousasi can't even defend a double leg takedown?

King Mo was so gassed he was essentially falling over on Mousasi.

Jones would win that fight easily.

I'd rather see Shogun vs Cavalcante
That is your opinion, King Mo is a stronger more powerful wrestler than Jones with a more proven an successful college wrestling record, in fact it could be argued that King Mo is best wrestler at LHW in MMA he sure was the most successful in the college leauge.

Jones is more athletic I will give him that but I dont think his top game is as safe from submissions and sweeps as Mo's. I sure as hell would not write Mousasi off in that fight, nor would I right Jones off for that matter.

Shogun vs Cavalcante would be another great fight but its the future I would sooner preview.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome