Lmao Even Fedor Hates His Fans - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.
Lmao Even Fedor Hates His Fans

Quote:
Fedor said “When I left the arena that night I understood the whole situation. I said to myself that my opponent (Werdum) will avoid me as long as possible (smiling). When the rematch will happen, I don’t know. For now he apparently had an operation on his hand. He will delay the rematch as long as possible.”

But he was quick to point out that he didn’t begrudge the loss. In a series of revealing comments, he suggested that his sometimes too-devoted fan base actually makes him feel uncomfortable. Humility is not an act for the former PRIDE champion.

“I understand [the loss], this is sport, this is life and I was prepared for it. But its another matter to wonder if the people around me and the people who watch my fights were prepared! They saw me with a halo,” he mused.

“For me it is simply regrettable, hurtful and unpleasant seeing how people obsess. I am not superman and I am not unbeatable. I am an ordinary human with my own flaws. It is very painful and unpleasant for me when people tell me ‘Feda (affectionate version of Fyodor), we supported you! We waited up all night, got drunk. When it finally came on we raised our spirits, got drunk some more and cheered and yelled across the neighbourhood.’

“This is so uncomfortable for me that to be honest in those moments I just want to leave.”

Fedor outlined his approach to fighting, intimating that he sees it as a pursuit relating to honor rather than any gain in material benefit or social standing.

“Sport can be approached many different ways. One man competes for his country, another competes to become known, to attain fame and special treatment. One competes without dwelling on the money or glory he receives, another competes only to raise his profile or his popularity with the ladies,” he explained.

“A person should carry himself in a cultured manner. To simply be an entertainer… for what purpose, to be recognised in the street? I don’t see the point of that. Its like, I get a lot of offers to be in television programmes but I decline because the topics are devoid of meaning, simply fluff.”
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=5421


God this guy is a joke, he complains about werdum ducking him, when he does the same thing to overeem.

******waits for the homo-erotic fedor fans to make excuses for him*******
__________________
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=5421


God this guy is a joke, he complains about werdum ducking him, when he does the same thing to overeem.

******waits for the homo-erotic fedor fans to make excuses for him*******
"It is very painful and unpleasant for me when people tell me ‘Feda (affectionate version of Fyodor), we supported you! We waited up all night, got drunk. When it finally came on we raised our spirits, got drunk some more and cheered and yelled across the neighbourhood."

WTF?! He doesnt like having fans that are loyal and stay to late to support him? That is painful and unpleasant for him? Some people would love to have a loyal fanbase like he does.

Fedor is a tough puzzle to crack, such an enigmatic character.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
"It is very painful and unpleasant for me when people tell me ‘Feda (affectionate version of Fyodor), we supported you! We waited up all night, got drunk. When it finally came on we raised our spirits, got drunk some more and cheered and yelled across the neighbourhood."

WTF?! He doesnt like having fans that are loyal and stay to late to support him? That is painful and unpleasant for him? Some people would love to have a loyal fanbase like he does.

Fedor is a tough puzzle to crack, such an enigmatic character.
I think because he doesn't like alcahol as it is a problem over there. also the way he has been glorified by them.
__________________
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 172
BondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really niceBondageGuy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=5421


God this guy is a joke, he complains about werdum ducking him, when he does the same thing to overeem.

******waits for the homo-erotic fedor fans to make excuses for him*******
sir! wait no longer for i am here!

fedor was clearly tired of always winning, so he decides to find out what its like to not win... for once. he is also just lulling his future opponents into a false sense of security.
BondageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 214
Ares Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud ofAres Caesar has much to be proud of
I dont see whats so hard to read between the lines in Fedor's comments here;

1) He knew getting a rematch with Werdum wasnt going to be easy because after beating the "fan/sportswriter claimed best fighter of all time" NO fighter was going to just offer a quick rematch, simply because its more to lose than gain. If Fedor beats Werdum in a rematch, everyone will simply say "Well Werdum got lucky the 1st time anyway" and *IF* by some chance he actually does beat Fedor again, everyone will just say "A) its not in the UFC, and B) Fedor was never really that good anyway" --- So in regards to Werdum, he has more to gain by holding onto that 1 win over Fedor than a possible loss+win to Fedor. I dont think he's saying he's "ducking" him, he just knows that from Werdum's (or ANYONE who would've beaten him) point of view he has more to lose in a rematch than gain.

2) Fedor isnt saying he HATES loyal fans. LOYAL Fans are INTELLIGENT fans, who dont go around saying "OMG FEDOR IZ LIKE THE BEZT OF ALL TIME U SHOULD ALL WORSHIP HIM! HE IS GOD!" --- Fedor is a humble guy who knows he could have lost in previous fights (Fujita), and knows that if he fought in the UFC, he might lose a fight (not because anyone is necessarily better, but hey its MMA its easy to get KO'ed or subbed if you make a single mistake... ask GSP). He just doesnt like the fans who are "fanatical." He just wants his fans to be realistic and accept that he is human just like anyone else and he COULD lose again. He is not invincible, and he knows it, and the sooner his "fanatical fans" accept it, the happier he will be.

3) Fedor fights more for his own personal "honor" and "contentment" than anything else. Sure he likes the fact it provides for his family, and it helps bring pride to his home country, but he doesnt fight for fans love/worship, or fame. He just wants to see if he can test himself and beat the best of the best. As a person who appreciates competition, I KNOW the desire to test myself.... I dont care about being famous in the process, I just want to test myself, see what I am made of, and just how far I can go. MMA is a great test to Fedor, he knows its the ultimate test of his fighting skills, and he enjoys that aspect of the competition... its part of why he doesnt give tons of interviews, lives in a relatively humble home in a small town in Russia, and doesnt come out to the ring with some sort of massive "Look at me! I'm the best!" entrance. Hell, after his fights his managers are usually more jacked up than he is. He just wants to fight and see what he is made of.

4) Ducking Overeem? I dont think so. Thats 1) His managements decision. He trusts Vadim WAY too much. 2) I am absolutely positive the goal was to clear out strikeforce's main 3 (Rogers, Werdum, Overeem) and then move to the UFC as the strikeforce champ for LOADS of cash (again I think management related). He isnt ducking anyone, hell Overeem himself has said that he doesnt believe Fedor ducks anyone, as have other top HW fighters. They ALL believe his management is corrupt (which I even believe to a degree... I think they're just grubby money whores, trying hard to protect their cash cow), and that they alone are what stands between themselves and a fight with Fedor.


A couple years ago, I would have EASILY said Fedor was the best HW fighter in the world, but I never doubted he could lose one day. Now, given the rise of guys like Werdum(Best HW BJJ/Grappler in MMA), Shane Carwin (heaviest hitter, he could beat anyone in 10 fights. He might lose 9, but I assure you he'll win 1 of 10), Brock Lesnar (dude is just an animal that has a chance against anyone because of his size), Cain (he's the best "hybrid" between Skill and Physical ability), and JDS (Amazing HW striker) there is a talent pool at the top of the HW division that honestly ANY of these guys COULD lose to each other.

Fedor is still easily a top 5 HW, where exactly in the mix its hard to say, but so many guys HAVENT fought each other and even the guys that HAVE fought, havent necessarily done so convincingly enough that you can be assured of the same result in a rematch.

Fedor is still one of the best in the world, but he shouldnt be seen as totally invincible or unbeatable... and he doesnt like being seen that way, because even he knows he can be beat.
Ares Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,000
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Its easy to play the good/nice guy when your on top of the world winning but now that he has lost i think his true colors are showing.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,167
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Fedor's attitude toward his fans doesn't concern me. I just want to watch him fight. If it has to be on youtube, so be it.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
Its easy to play the good/nice guy when your on top of the world winning but now that he has lost i think his true colors are showing.
Wow, wtf...you really are an idiot. First you make a thread about how Cain Velazquez can't call himself Mexican because he was born in the US, and now this dumb ass post? Try to use your brain for once in your life. Fedor isn't being a dick with what he said, he's upset that people actually believed that he was superhuman, and was unbeatable to the point that after he lost his fans were ashamed of him. He has every right to be upset at that, it's dishonoring as hell, the man fights for all the right reasons.
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,167
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Please keep the discussion civil.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,041
Rygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A BallerRygu Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares Caesar View Post
I dont see whats so hard to read between the lines in Fedor's comments here;

1) He knew getting a rematch with Werdum wasnt going to be easy because after beating the "fan/sportswriter claimed best fighter of all time" NO fighter was going to just offer a quick rematch, simply because its more to lose than gain. If Fedor beats Werdum in a rematch, everyone will simply say "Well Werdum got lucky the 1st time anyway" and *IF* by some chance he actually does beat Fedor again, everyone will just say "A) its not in the UFC, and B) Fedor was never really that good anyway" --- So in regards to Werdum, he has more to gain by holding onto that 1 win over Fedor than a possible loss+win to Fedor. I dont think he's saying he's "ducking" him, he just knows that from Werdum's (or ANYONE who would've beaten him) point of view he has more to lose in a rematch than gain.

2) Fedor isnt saying he HATES loyal fans. LOYAL Fans are INTELLIGENT fans, who dont go around saying "OMG FEDOR IZ LIKE THE BEZT OF ALL TIME U SHOULD ALL WORSHIP HIM! HE IS GOD!" --- Fedor is a humble guy who knows he could have lost in previous fights (Fujita), and knows that if he fought in the UFC, he might lose a fight (not because anyone is necessarily better, but hey its MMA its easy to get KO'ed or subbed if you make a single mistake... ask GSP). He just doesnt like the fans who are "fanatical." He just wants his fans to be realistic and accept that he is human just like anyone else and he COULD lose again. He is not invincible, and he knows it, and the sooner his "fanatical fans" accept it, the happier he will be.

3) Fedor fights more for his own personal "honor" and "contentment" than anything else. Sure he likes the fact it provides for his family, and it helps bring pride to his home country, but he doesnt fight for fans love/worship, or fame. He just wants to see if he can test himself and beat the best of the best. As a person who appreciates competition, I KNOW the desire to test myself.... I dont care about being famous in the process, I just want to test myself, see what I am made of, and just how far I can go. MMA is a great test to Fedor, he knows its the ultimate test of his fighting skills, and he enjoys that aspect of the competition... its part of why he doesnt give tons of interviews, lives in a relatively humble home in a small town in Russia, and doesnt come out to the ring with some sort of massive "Look at me! I'm the best!" entrance. Hell, after his fights his managers are usually more jacked up than he is. He just wants to fight and see what he is made of.

4) Ducking Overeem? I dont think so. Thats 1) His managements decision. He trusts Vadim WAY too much. 2) I am absolutely positive the goal was to clear out strikeforce's main 3 (Rogers, Werdum, Overeem) and then move to the UFC as the strikeforce champ for LOADS of cash (again I think management related). He isnt ducking anyone, hell Overeem himself has said that he doesnt believe Fedor ducks anyone, as have other top HW fighters. They ALL believe his management is corrupt (which I even believe to a degree... I think they're just grubby money whores, trying hard to protect their cash cow), and that they alone are what stands between themselves and a fight with Fedor.


A couple years ago, I would have EASILY said Fedor was the best HW fighter in the world, but I never doubted he could lose one day. Now, given the rise of guys like Werdum(Best HW BJJ/Grappler in MMA), Shane Carwin (heaviest hitter, he could beat anyone in 10 fights. He might lose 9, but I assure you he'll win 1 of 10), Brock Lesnar (dude is just an animal that has a chance against anyone because of his size), Cain (he's the best "hybrid" between Skill and Physical ability), and JDS (Amazing HW striker) there is a talent pool at the top of the HW division that honestly ANY of these guys COULD lose to each other.

Fedor is still easily a top 5 HW, where exactly in the mix its hard to say, but so many guys HAVENT fought each other and even the guys that HAVE fought, havent necessarily done so convincingly enough that you can be assured of the same result in a rematch.

Fedor is still one of the best in the world, but he shouldnt be seen as totally invincible or unbeatable... and he doesnt like being seen that way, because even he knows he can be beat.
I agree with this to a tee. People take way too much out of context.

Very misleading title "Lmao Even Fedor Hates His Fans" although considering who posted it i'm not at all surprised. Fedor does not hate his fans. He might have read that article, but he did not understand it one bit. A hint was when he started the topic with "Lmao"
Rygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios