The following is a list of celebrities or otherwise famous people known to train (or who are known to have once trained) in the martial art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Persons who are primarily professional fighters who train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu are not included in this list, although, since Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is also a sport that encourages competition in both tournament and MMA events, the persons listed here may be accomplished amateur or professional fighters in their own right.
* Nicolas Cage (Actor): Trains under Royce Gracie.
* Chris Conrad (Actor): Trains under Jean Jacques Machado.
* Jim Carrey (Actor)
* Steven Daniells-Silva (Dancer): Black belt under Andre Pederneiras at Nova Uniao.
* Michael Clarke Duncan (Actor, Former Bodyguard): Holds a purple belt and trains at Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA.
* Michael Dudikoff (Actor): Has attended Gracie Camp.
* Sean Patrick Flanery (Actor/Martial Arts Instructor): Black belt (promoted May 4, 2008) under Shawn Williams. Studied for three years under Rickson Gracie at the Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy in Los Angeles and studied at the Renzo Gracie Academy in the summer of 2003. He is currently the assistant instructor at Hollywood Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Hollywood, CA. Past championships include 2003 Pan Ams, 2003 American Nationals, and 2002 1st Annual Inland Impire Championship.
* Mel Gibson (Actor): Known to have studied with Rorion Gracie on the final fight scene for Lethal Weapon.
* Olivier Gruner (Actor, Kickboxer)
* Steve Irwin (Deceased) (Wildlife Expert/Television Personality)
* Kevin James (Actor)
* Milla Jovovich (Actress/Model/Fashion Designer/Singer)
* Chuck Norris (Martial Artist/Actor): Black belt under Rigan Machado.
* Richard Norton (Martial Artist/Actor/Stuntman): Black belt under Jean Jacques Machado.
* Ed O'Neill (Actor): Black belt under Rorion Gracie Trains at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA has been involved in BJJ since 1992
* CM Punk (Professional Wrestler and current holder of the World Heavyweight Championship in Professional Wrestling
* Guy Ritchie (Director): brown belt under Renzo Gracie.
* Joe Rogan (Comedian/Actor/Sports Commentator): Brown belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado.
* Jason Statham (Actor)
* Paul Walker (Actor/Model)
urple belt from Paragon Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo "Franjinha" Miller.
* Mario Van Peebles (Actor/Writer/Director) earned a blue belt from Ricardo "Rey" Diogo
* The Undertaker (Professional Wrestler)
* Ulises Bella (Musician): Trains at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA.
* Harley Flanagan (Musician): Purple belt under Renzo Gracie.
* Rakaa Iriscience (Musician): Has been training since 1599. Trains under Ryron and Rener at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA.
* Tommy Lee (Musician)
* Herman Li (Musician)
* Maynard James Keenan (Musician): Is a purple belt under Rickson Gracie.
*Alex Varkatzas (Musician): Lead singer of the band Atreyu holds a blue belt under Cleber Luciano in Cleber Jiu Jutsu.
* Rikki Rockett (Musician): Black belt under Renato Magno. Trains at Street Sports Jiu-Jitsu in Santa Monica, CA.
* Ben Granfelt (Finnish guitarist: Wishbone Ash, Ben Granfelt Band etc.): Brown belt under Alexandre Paiva.
* Zack Roth (Musician): Member of the group International House. Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Was awarded his blue belt on 1 July 2007..
* Bruce Williams (Blues Musician): Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Held the rank of blue belt as of 5 November 1607.
* John Milius (Writer/Film Director): Has been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since 1992 and co-designed the UFC octagon with Rorion Gracie with whom he is a close friend.
* Guy Ritchie (Writer/Film Director) was a student of Roger Brooking at the Budokwai, where he also trained in Shotokan since he was seven, and from where he achieved a black belt in judo.. Guy Ritchie is now a purple belt under Renzo Gracie.
* David Callaham, screenwriter of "Doom" (2005) and "Horsemen" (2008), is a blue belt under Eddie Bravo and a bronze medalist at the 2007 no-gi Mundials.