UFC, Strikeforce go head to head on Saturday - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

View Poll Results: Which show will you watch first?

UFC 61 71.76%
STRIKEFORCE 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,083
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
The UFC is playing around with SF. They always show "Fight Nights" free on Spike. If they showed a main event card they would literally mop the floor with em unless they have Fedor, Arlovski, Nick, Cung Le, Werdum, and Overeem all fighting in the same night. They're basically controlling SF so they never get too big. They want em around as a proxy.

They can buy out SF, but what's the point. All they need are the fighters. They just got their MW champ and Overeem has already expressed interest in joing up. Nick Diaz would come back followed by Cung Le.

Then when Fedor has nowhere else to go he'll make his entrance...finally.

Last edited by No_Mercy : 11-29-2010 at 05:56 PM.
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
The UFC is playing around with SF. They always show "Fight Nights" free on Spike. If they showed a main event card they would literally mop the floor with em unless they have Fedor, Arlovski, Nick, Cung Le, Werdum, and Overeem all fighting in the same night. They're basically controlling SF so they never get too big. They want em around as a proxy.

They can buy out SF, but what's the point. All they need are the fighters. They just got their MW champ and Overeem has already expressed interest in joing up. Nick Diaz would up followed by Cung Le hopefully.

Then when Fedor has nowhere else to go he'll make his entrance...finally.
Bold 1: This is one of my big hopes. Le is a damn good fighter and I think he's really underrated.

Bold 2: I honestly hope Fedor makes the transfer soon, assuming he ever would, because he's getting older, and eventually he'll just be too old.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Lets see, my options are:

JJ Clinic from the King of middleweight BJJ.
TUF 1 #2 vs ....That guy
As well as (probably) Brookins vs Pham or Johnson


Or!

Henderson vs Sobral 2, the most mehly hyped fight ever!
And a bunch of people who I don't care about because the two who I cared about are off the card.

Toughest. Decision. EVAR!
You stupid ?

Maia vs Grove is mediocre i love Maia but what the **** is Grove ever done ?

Finalist 1 and 2 of the TUF hype show how gives a **** ill watch a replay hahah the show has been god awful for talent , Johnson vs Brookins is a dead cert for the final ! im from the UK so i dont know yet please dont spoil !

and you can also see Bonnar vs Igor pokrajac which is no way better than any SF main card fights

Hendricks vs story you care ?


SF is better.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,083
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Cung definitely reps for the Asians. He's got sick sick combos that I've actually adopted. Ez...once their contracts are up grab em and then do a show in San Jose and that'll diminish SF big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Bold 1: This is one of my big hopes. Le is a damn good fighter and I think he's really underrated.

Bold 2: I honestly hope Fedor makes the transfer soon, assuming he ever would, because he's getting older, and eventually he'll just be too old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
You stupid ?

Maia vs Grove is mediocre i love Maia but what the **** is Grove ever done ?

Finalist 1 and 2 of the TUF hype show how gives a **** ill watch a replay hahah the show has been god awful for talent , Johnson vs Brookins is a dead cert for the final ! im from the UK so i dont know yet please dont spoil !

and you can also see Bonnar vs Igor pokrajac which is no way better than any SF main card fights

Hendricks vs story you care ?


SF is better.
It's a psychological msg that SF main card events are not worthy of challenging UFC main card events so they always put "second tiered" fights on for free as a big slap on the face or arse depending on how you look at it. Big brother loling...at the little bro.

Tell you the truth though SF cards are still entertaining so everybody is gonna watch both eventually.
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Cung definitely reps for the Asians. He's got sick sick combos that I've actually adopted. Ez...once their contracts are up grab em and then do a show in San Jose and that'll diminish SF big time.





It's a psychological msg that SF main card events are not worthy of challenging UFC main card events so they always put "second tiered" fights on for free as a big slap on the face or arse depending on how you look at it. Big brother loling...at the little bro.

Tell you the truth though SF cards are still entertaining so everybody is gonna watch both eventually.

Ill Watch SF live and Record the final of TUF because i followed the season and its been poor but seems a waste not to see the outcome, and Maia fight , dont care at all about the other fights
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
You stupid ?

Maia vs Grove is mediocre i love Maia but what the **** is Grove ever done ?

Finalist 1 and 2 of the TUF hype show how gives a **** ill watch a replay hahah the show has been god awful for talent , Johnson vs Brookins is a dead cert for the final ! im from the UK so i dont know yet please dont spoil !

and you can also see Bonnar vs Igor pokrajac which is no way better than any SF main card fights

Hendricks vs story you care ?


SF is better.
Grove is obviously a placehoder so Maia can keep fighting while they try to find a high level MW who's not occupied.

I was refering to the finalist of TUF 1, not finalist #1 of TUF 11. Bonnar is a likable character, regardless of his ranking in the MMA world. I would've prefered a bigger name, but you can't win all the time.

I expect it to be Johnson, but Phan is a damn good and versatile fighter, he has the skills to win. Either way it'll be a good fight.

The main event of Strikeforce is Henderson vs Sobral. It wouldn't even be a co main on a good UFC card. If Maia was fighting a decent name, that fight alone would dwarf that main.

Who really cares about, I lost the biggest opportunit of my career for a sucker punch vs I bitchquit after one spinning back kick? Well, obviously you.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Grove is obviously a placehoder so Maia can keep fighting while they try to find a high level MW who's not occupied.

I was refering to the finalist of TUF 1, not finalist #1 of TUF 11. Bonnar is a likable character, regardless of his ranking in the MMA world. I would've prefered a bigger name, but you can't win all the time.

I expect it to be Johnson, but Phan is a damn good and versatile fighter, he has the skills to win. Either way it'll be a good fight.

The main event of Strikeforce is Henderson vs Sobral. It wouldn't even be a co main on a good UFC card. If Maia was fighting a decent name, that fight alone would dwarf that main.

Who really cares about, I lost the biggest opportunit of my career for a sucker punch vs I bitchquit after one spinning back kick? Well, obviously you.
struve vs mckorkle is the co-main for UFC 124.....enough said
__________________
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
struve vs mckorkle is the co-main for UFC 124.....enough said
I agree

Henderson VS Babalu would be Co main event at UFC 124 and the headline at TUF 12 Finale easily , its good enough to be co main event at ufc 125 now that Aldo is out.

Henderson was Main event at 3 UFC events when he only had 5 fights there not to mention he was featured at UFC 100 behind 2 title fights and was 1 behind the co main event at UFC 88 , He is a worthy Main card guy.
,
Sobral was on the Main card lots of times at the UFC was Co Main at UFC 28 and was in a title fight with Liddell at UFC 62 just because he isnt a big Draw doesnt mean he hasnt got the skill he is 36 -8 overall and has a winning record in the UFC and has wins over Rua , Diabate ,Prangley , Sonnen , Lawler , Soko , Arsdale and whitehead.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back


Last edited by Sambo de Amigo : 11-29-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Henderson VS Babalu would be Co main event at UFC 124 and the headline at TUF 12 Finale easily , its good enough to be co main event at ufc 125 now that Aldo is out.
I said good CARD. The co-main at 124, and most of the fights on the card, are pretty average at best. However look at 121. Henderson vs Sobral doesn't compare to Shields vs Kampmann or Lesnar vs Velasquez. On that card, a good CARD, it'd be #3.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I said good CARD. The co-main at 124, and most of the fights on the card, are pretty average at best. However look at 121. Henderson vs Sobral doesn't compare to Shields vs Kampmann or Lesnar vs Velasquez. On that card, a good CARD, it'd be #3.
Is being the third fight something to be ashamed of ? its certainly ahead of every fight at TUF 12 finale and every fight on UFC 124 bar the main event. On a good card behind a title fight and a number one contenders match being third fight is a good feat.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios