Graciefighter-The truth Nick never fought over 180 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 12-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,483
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Mayhem vs Tim Kenedy (for the 3rd time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
And that's exactly why Miller wants this fight- he NEEDS it. Why isn't he fighting guys at his own weight? Tim Kennedy is asking for a rematch and Miller is completely mute on the topic. How about a Lawler rematch? Manhoef? Lindland? Babalu? Answer: none of them have Nick's shine right now, and Miller wants it.
Looks like Mayhems next fight is Tim Kennedy.
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
You storm the cage uninvited and cut off a guy in his post-fight interview, jam your head into the camera and mic while he's trying to talk? even Dana said he wondered what the hell miller expected to happen and FWIW Miller was equally complicit in that brawl.

Nick owes him nothing, certainly not the opportunity to jumpstart a mediocre career by fighting someone who has accomplished a lot more lately AND happens to be a weight class below.

And that's exactly why Miller wants this fight- he NEEDS it. Why isn't he fighting guys at his own weight? Tim Kennedy is asking for a rematch and Miller is completely mute on the topic. How about a Lawler rematch? Manhoef? Lindland? Babalu? Answer: none of them have Nick's shine right now, and Miller wants it.
Bold 1: Mayhem says in his interview with The Voice that he didn't know he was in the shot. His original plan was to stand aside and be crazy funny Mayhem after Jake had finished his interview. When he realized he was in the shot, he said F it and went for broke.

Bold 2 and 3: How exactly is beating Noons doing more as a fighter than Mayhem? A man who just submitted one of the greatest groundfighters in the history of the sport. And Dana White has expressed interest in acquiring Mayhem when his Strikeforce contract is up. Subbing Sakuraba + UFC interest = doing more in the sport than beating Noons.

Your Mayhem hate is hilarious. The fact that you bring such a pitiful article to the talbe is proof enough. The fact is Diaz talked a big game. Then demanded a weight where he knows Mayhem would be too sucked up to last a single round.

I'm not going to go too deeply into this, but lets put it this way. Mayhem cuts fat to probably about 190 to fight at 185, he walks at 200. He then cuts 5lbs of liquid volume (water) to make weight. Diaz wants him to cut an additional 7lbs of water to make weight. That's a grand total of 12lbs of pure hydration he wants Miller to cut to fight him. How much does Diaz have to cut? Zero. He knows Miller isn't a stupid fighter and won't risk getting embarassed because he doesn't have the energy to fight. So who's the puss? Who's ducking who? Don't be scared homie!
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,460
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Bold 1: Mayhem says in his interview with The Voice that he didn't know he was in the shot. His original plan was to stand aside and be crazy funny Mayhem after Jake had finished his interview. When he realized he was in the shot, he said F it and went for broke.
That doesn't even make sense. He's in the shot so he decided that he would just have to interrupt the interview? How does that follow?

Quote:
Bold 2 and 3: How exactly is beating Noons doing more as a fighter than Mayhem? A man who just submitted one of the greatest groundfighters in the history of the sport. And Dana White has expressed interest in acquiring Mayhem when his Strikeforce contract is up. Subbing Sakuraba + UFC interest = doing more in the sport than beating Noons.
Nick is on an 8 fight win streak. UFC interest has nothing to do with this. Subbing a crippled Sak today is like beating Royce today. Not relevant except from an entertainment perspective.

Quote:
Your Mayhem hate is hilarious. The fact that you bring such a pitiful article to the talbe is proof enough.
Haha, you're right. We should just ignore press releases by fight camps and not post them in fear of looking biased. You're making a ton of sense now bro.

Quote:
The fact is Diaz talked a big game. Then demanded a weight where he knows Mayhem would be too sucked up to last a single round.

I'm not going to go too deeply into this, but lets put it this way. Mayhem cuts fat to probably about 190 to fight at 185, he walks at 200. He then cuts 5lbs of liquid volume (water) to make weight. Diaz wants him to cut an additional 7lbs of water to make weight. That's a grand total of 12lbs of pure hydration he wants Miller to cut to fight him. How much does Diaz have to cut? Zero. He knows Miller isn't a stupid fighter and won't risk getting embarassed because he doesn't have the energy to fight. So who's the puss? Who's ducking who? Don't be scared homie!
Miller can make 179. His dramatics about not being able to make it are just that.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
That doesn't even make sense. He's in the shot so he decided that he would just have to interrupt the interview? How does that follow?
No. Miller says in the interview: He wanted to give Shields his moment, and not interrupt, and he didn't know he was in the shot. He though the camera was pointed at Shields a la UFC interviews where Joe stands next to the fighter and the camera pans tight, not at both him and the interviewer. When he realized the camera was pointed at both and he was in the shot, it was a foregone conclusion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Nick is on an 8 fight win streak. UFC interest has nothing to do with this. Subbing a crippled Sak today is like beating Royce today. Not relevant except from an entertainment perspective.
Yup, totally, beating eight guys in the bush league is way more important to the sport than catching the eye of the biggest stage around.

So..Sakuraba's technique went down the drain is it? That perfectly positioned heel hook must have been a fluke right? It was only Miller's crazy flexability is all that saved him from a a sub loss, or a broken ankle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Haha, you're right. We should just ignore press releases by fight camps and not post them in fear of looking biased. You're making a ton of sense now bro.
Quoting obvious bullshit and not treating it as a joke is moronic. And don't call me bro, I'm not your relative and I don't like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Miller can make 179. His dramatics about not being able to make it are just that.
Why can he make 179? Because he fought at 170 one time five years ago? You know he turned down another fight with the UFC because he couldn't make that weight in 3 months right? Again, see his interview with The Voice.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,483
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Losing an extra 6 lbs, on an already gut wrenching cut would not be good news for Mayhem. Diaz on the other hand just needs to....train and fight at his natural weight pretty much, great news for him. This is on Diaz here, he's the bitch in this situation, that's coming from a fan of his from way back.

Let's see how the Mayhem/Kennedy fight goes, and whatever Ufc leftovers they line up against Diaz turn out like, and fire up another thread like this.
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,460
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
No. Miller says in the interview: He wanted to give Shields his moment, and not interrupt, and he didn't know he was in the shot. He though the camera was pointed at Shields a la UFC interviews where Joe stands next to the fighter and the camera pans tight, not at both him and the interviewer. When he realized the camera was pointed at both and he was in the shot, it was a foregone conclusion.
I will ask the same question again: why does his realizing he was in the shot (and way off on the left side by the edge of the shot, btw) mean he needs to then jump into the already-zoomed shot and put his face up to the mic? You're saying it's a "foregone conclusion" doesn't really explain that.

Quote:
Yup, totally, beating eight guys in the bush league is way more important to the sport than catching the eye of the biggest stage around.
being able to string together wins is somewhat important, as is the possession of a title. if we're going to compare over the hill legend wins why don't we bring up Frank Shamrock?

Quote:
So..Sakuraba's technique went down the drain is it? That perfectly positioned heel hook must have been a fluke right? It was only Miller's crazy flexability is all that saved him from a a sub loss, or a broken ankle.
Sakuraba is a legend but he is a shadow of what he once was. Believe what you want if you need to in order to pump up Jason's recent record but my analogy of beating Royce is about spot-on. It doesn't prove a whole lot.

Quote:
Quoting obvious bullshit and not treating it as a joke is moronic. And don't call me bro, I'm not your relative and I don't like you.
You really need to take some deep breaths man This is sports we're talking about.

Quote:
Why can he make 179? Because he fought at 170 one time five years ago? You know he turned down another fight with the UFC because he couldn't make that weight in 3 months right? Again, see his interview with The Voice.
Yes, he could make 179. He doesn't want to do the work.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I will ask the same question again: why does his realizing he was in the shot (and way off on the left side by the edge of the shot, btw) mean he needs to then jump into the already-zoomed shot and put his face up to the mic? You're saying it's a "foregone conclusion" doesn't really explain that.
He wasn't off to the side. He was in the middle, slightly to the left. And he probably could have slunk away, but Shields turned to him and slapped the front of his shoulder. Universal language for "whats up?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
being able to string together wins is somewhat important. if we're going to compare over the hill legend wins why don't we bring up Frank Shamrock?
So...a local can crusher is more important to the sport than Sonnen who went 3-2 in his last 5? Who is a helluva lot more important than how many. And when Noons tops the list of recent accomplishments, comparatively, he hasn't accomplished much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Sakuraba is a legend but he is a shadow of what he once was. Believe what you want if you need to in order to pump up Jason's recent record but my analogy of beating Royce is about spot-on. It doesn't prove a whole lot.
Sakuraba isn't himself anymore. I'll give you that. But he's still competing against the best Dream can give him, and he's still winning. Losing two straight doesn't make him an over the hill loser. Especially in a JJ match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
You really need to take some deep breaths man This is sports we're talking about.
Its the word bro. I hate it and what it means. We disagree, we're not friends. Don't call me your bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Yes, he could make 179. He doesn't want to do the work.
This shows a serious lack of biology and cutting knowledge. If Miller can see and stand straight at 179, I'll chuck my computer off a three story building.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,460
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
He wasn't off to the side. He was in the middle, slightly to the left. And he probably could have slunk away, but Shields turned to him and slapped the front of his shoulder. Universal language for "whats up?"
http://vimeo.com/11030372

The edge of Miller's sleeve is barely visible, because, you know, he got like two feet from Shields and into the camera shot. Then when Shields turned around and nodded, he jumped in and jammed his face into the camera and mike. His explanation seems mostly to differ in that he thinks that walking into the cage uninvited and "accidentally" putting yourself right into the shot during someone's interview means you should then simply take over the interview.


Quote:
So...a local can crusher is more important to the sport than Sonnen who went 3-2 in his last 5? Who is a helluva lot more important than how many. And when Noons tops the list of recent accomplishments, comparatively, he hasn't accomplished much.
So beating Saku is very meaningful but Frank is not? And aside from Shields (who beat Miller) who has Miller fought in his last ten that is higher caliber than Nick's last ten? The difference is Nick is winning consistently and defending a title.

Quote:
Sakuraba isn't himself anymore. I'll give you that. But he's still competing against the best Dream can give him, and he's still winning. Losing two straight doesn't make him an over the hill loser. Especially in a JJ match.
I didn't call him a loser but he is over the hill.

Quote:
This shows a serious lack of biology and cutting knowledge. If Miller can see and stand straight at 179, I'll chuck my computer off a three story building.
Lay off the weights and protein for a couple of months. I'll admit it would be tough to do healthily in three months but its not impossible, and it's just as unfair to ask nick to pig out and smash himself on the weights to add healthy weight (also pretty difficult) so he can get some what close to the 195+ Mayhem will weight at fight time.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
http://vimeo.com/11030372

The edge of Miller's sleeve is barely visible, because, you know, he got like two feet from Shields and into the camera shot. Then when Shields turned around and nodded, he jumped in and jammed his face into the camera and mike. His explanation seems mostly to differ in that he thinks that walking into the cage uninvited and "accidentally" putting yourself right into the shot during someone's interview means you should then simply take over the interview.


He didn't take over the interview until Shields recognized him. If Shields had finished his piece and then turned to Miller it might have gone another way. (Unlikely with Captain Gangsta and his little brother in the room). I'll admit Miller was very close to Shields. Maybe his memory is skewed or he just sees it differently than it actually went. I won't say he's infallible, but his reasoning for getting into the cage was to hype a rematch. And honestly, who else was worth fighting at 185 for Shields except the only guy to come close to finishing him on the ground in years?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
So beating Saku is very meaningful but Frank is not? And aside from Shields (who beat Miller) who has Miller fought in his last ten that is higher caliber than Nick's last ten? The difference is Nick is winning consistently and defending a title.

I didn't call him a loser but he is over the hill.
Nick Diaz:
Mike Aina - Nobody
KJ Noons - Forgot the most fundamental part of Boxing. DONT get punched in the face
Katsuya Inoue - Apparently doesn't know how to string wins together
Muhsin Corbbrey - Same as Inoue
Thomas Denny - Almost as many wins as losses
Frank Shamrock - Not quite as over the hill as Ken, but getting there
Scott Smith - average stand up, couldn't cut it in the UFC, or take 1 spinning back kick from Cung le
Marius Zaromskis - Oddly enough, this is the most winningest opponent (second to Sakurai) Nick has fought since leaving the UFC.
Hyato Sakurai - On a two fight losing streak when he fought Nick. But a pretty illustrious past.

Jason Miller:
Hector Urbina - Nobody with nobody dressing
Hiromitsu Miura - Another less than remarkable opponent
Tim Kennedy - Just fought for MW title
Katsuyori Shibata - Absolutely horrible fighter
Ronaldo Souza - MW champion, they fought an absolute battle, and Miller looked damn good on the ground with Souza
Kala Hose - Nobody
Jake Shields - UFC WW, former MW champion, Miller almost subbed him, but Shields was saved from the RNC by the bell
Tim Stout - Nobody, a recovery fight
Sakuraba - One of the greatest groundfighters ever. Maybe not who he used to be, but one who was and still in not even close to a slouch on the ground. Lost to Miller by RNC

Looking at this. They've both fought quite a few cans in the past 10. But I will give you, Miller has fought more by a small margin, but his opponents outside cans were far superior to Diaz's. (Shields and Souza vs Noons and Shamrock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Lay off the weights and protein for a couple of months. I'll admit it would be tough to do healthily in three months but its not impossible, and it's just as unfair to ask nick to pig out and smash himself on the weights to add healthy weight (also pretty difficult) so he can get some what close to the 195-200 Mayhem will weight at fight time.
Another beautifully articulated nothing. The human body requires 80Fl oz of water to sustain body function, i.e. Lymphatic system, Endocrine system, as well as basic tissue perfusion. The body sweats 15-20FL oz of water per hour of vigorous exercise (some people more, some less). 16FL oz equates to 1lb. That means miller needs to be in a deficit of over 100FL oz of water. His body will not be functioning. He'll be vomiting, he'll be unable to stand, he'll have cramps that don't go away. He will fail to be medically elligable to fight. Also: Miller walks at approx. 203, meaning he only has about 143FL oz of water in his body on a regular basis.

Another tidbit, it takes days to recover from dehydration on this scale in a hospital with fluids being pumped into the body intra-venously. Miller will literally have to try to kill himself to fight at 179. This isn't an exaggeration. He will put his life, and chronic health in jeopardy to fight at this weight. Its impossible.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,460
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
He didn't take over the interview until Shields recognized him. If Shields had finished his piece and then turned to Miller it might have gone another way. (Unlikely with Captain Gangsta and his little brother in the room). I'll admit Miller was very close to Shields. Maybe his memory is skewed or he just sees it differently than it actually went. I won't say he's infallible, but his reasoning for getting into the cage was to hype a rematch. And honestly, who else was worth fighting at 185 for Shields except the only guy to come close to finishing him on the ground in years?
See, I may not like Mayhem but at least I'm not coming up with hurtful names for him

Anyway I see why Miller did it, and I have said so many times. He has a lot to gain from a fight with either Nick OR Shields but Shields isn't an option anymore. Just tired of hearing about how Nick owes him the fight when its clearly a career move for Miller.

Quote:
Nick Diaz:
Mike Aina - Nobody
KJ Noons - Forgot the most fundamental part of Boxing. DONT get punched in the face
Katsuya Inoue - Apparently doesn't know how to string wins together
Muhsin Corbbrey - Same as Inoue
Thomas Denny - Almost as many wins as losses
Frank Shamrock - Not quite as over the hill as Ken, but getting there
Scott Smith - average stand up, couldn't cut it in the UFC, or take 1 spinning back kick from Cung le
Marius Zaromskis - Oddly enough, this is the most winningest opponent (second to Sakurai) Nick has fought since leaving the UFC.
Hyato Sakurai - On a two fight losing streak when he fought Nick. But a pretty illustrious past.

Jason Miller:
Hector Urbina - Nobody with nobody dressing
Hiromitsu Miura - Another less than remarkable opponent
Tim Kennedy - Just fought for MW title
Katsuyori Shibata - Absolutely horrible fighter
Ronaldo Souza - MW champion, they fought an absolute battle, and Miller looked damn good on the ground with Souza
Kala Hose - Nobody
Jake Shields - UFC WW, former MW champion, Miller almost subbed him, but Shields was saved from the RNC by the bell
Tim Stout - Nobody, a recovery fight
Sakuraba - One of the greatest groundfighters ever. Maybe not who he used to be, but one who was and still in not even close to a slouch on the ground. Lost to Miller by RNC

Looking at this. They've both fought quite a few cans in the past 10. But I will give you, Miller has fought more by a small margin, but his opponents outside cans were far superior to Diaz's. (Shields and Souza vs Noons and Shamrock)
Souza should have been a loss via DQ. Yes it was a good fight and Jason looked great but that NC was a gift. Shields certainly is a better opponent than Shamrock but then again Miller lost and we have Nick vs Zarmoskis and Sakurai who I think outclass most of Mayhem's other opponents including Kennedy.



Quote:
Another beautifully articulated nothing. The human body requires 80Fl oz of water to sustain body function, i.e. Lymphatic system, Endocrine system, as well as basic tissue perfusion. The body sweats 15-20FL oz of water per hour of vigorous exercise (some people more, some less). 16FL oz equates to 1lb. That means miller needs to be in a deficit of over 100FL oz of water. His body will not be functioning. He'll be vomiting, he'll be unable to stand, he'll have cramps that don't go away. He will fail to be medically elligable to fight. Also: Miller walks at approx. 203, meaning he only has about 143FL oz of water in his body on a regular basis.

Another tidbit, it takes days to recover from dehydration on this scale in a hospital with fluids being pumped into the body intra-venously. Miller will literally have to try to kill himself to fight at 179. This isn't an exaggeration. He will put his life, and chronic health in jeopardy to fight at this weight. Its impossible.
Yes he said he could make 182. But the other 3, that will kill him. Give him six months then. That will give Nick the ability to move up higher too and actually maybe cut some significant weight for the fight.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios