Strikeforce and M1 Global: Fedor vs Silva - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
Werdum has a win over The Reem, I'm sure Alistair would love the chance to avenge that, and would finally be a legitimate MMA win at HW and propel him into the Top 5. Much better fight than having Werdum fight Rogers.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
But osmium, do you really want to see that beatdown?

I mean the Reem probably finsihes him most likely in the first round already. Terrible matchup for Werdum, don't you think so?
Overeem would kill everyone in strikeforce that doesn't matter. Werdum is the rightful number one contender he should be fighting the champion not in a tournament of cans and guys he already beat recently.
osmium is offline  
post #23 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
Werdum has a win over The Reem, I'm sure Alistair would love the chance to avenge that, and would finally be a legitimate MMA win at HW and propel him into the Top 5. Much better fight than having Werdum fight Rogers.
But the Reem was a kid back than and this fight can only go one way Damn. I mean just look at there fighting style.

I really don't see how Werdum makes it out of the first 2-3 minutes of this fight in all Respect to Werdum as a fighter. But this is not a good fight at all for us Fans and for SF and espcially for Werdum.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #24 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Overeem would kill everyone in strikeforce that doesn't matter. Werdum is the rightful number one contender he should be fighting the champion not in a tournament of cans and guys he already beat recently.
Fedor, Barnett, Silva are all much much better opponents for the Reem. Plus Werdum only has one win over Fedor.. not really a contender for me.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #25 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
But the Reem was a kid back than and this fight can only go one way Damn. I mean just look at there fighting style.

I really don't see how Werdum makes it out of the first 2-3 minutes of this fight in all Respect to Werdum as a fighter. But this is not a good fight at all for us Fans and for SF and espcially for Werdum.
Werdum just beat Fedor, this is no walkover for The Reem. Sure, Alistair would be huge favourite, but Werdum has earnt a title shot and should be fighting for it, not stuck fighting a bum like Rogers. Werdum deserves a shot at Alistair more than all 3 of those names, especially considering he's beaten 2 of them, and the other can't get licensed in the US.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #26 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Fedor, Barnett, Silva are all much much better opponents for the Reem. Plus Werdum only has one win over Fedor.. not really a contender for me.
Werdum already beat Bigfoot who is realistically the fourth ranked hw in strikeforce behind Fedor who Werdum beat as well. Arlovski and Rogers are cans and Barnett is probably close to being a can these days if he gets off roids and was never that good in the first place.
osmium is offline  
post #27 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Bantamweight
 
Toroian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 816
                     
Why it even matter who fighting who now ??? The 8 man tour is on!!!! the best will meet in the 2nd round or final!!!! you dont put the best vs best at the start you do best vs worst and get the bums out!! the tour structure makes sence to me! and cant wait for it to begin!

"I tried to punch him, and he literally moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing It"
- Forest Griffin

NPFFL: Alistair Overeem, Fedor Emelianenko, Shane Carwin, Chris Leben
Toroian is offline  
post #28 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Werdum already beat Bigfoot who is realistically the fourth ranked hw in strikeforce behind Fedor who Werdum beat as well. Arlovski and Rogers are cans and Barnett is probably close to being a can these days if he gets off roids and was never that good in the first place.
Jes.. I completely forgot about his win over Silva. Indeed he deserves it then, but really not a fight we should look forward too
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #29 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
<= MODERATOR=>
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,224
                     
UPDATE: According to MMAJunkie, AA will face Kharitonov in the 1/4s on Feb 12 and Werdum vs Rogers is off.
Xerxes is offline  
post #30 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,340
                     
So I guess that means we'll see:

Fedor vs Silva
Arlovski vs Kharitonov
The Reem vs Werdum
Rogers vs Barnett

Pretty solid little tournament if that's the way it works out.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome