He is top 5 for sure. There is no way to judge right now. If there was an 8 man tournament he would be one of the favorites for sure. But overall, I think BJ matches up well with the most LW's and would probably be the favorite. Edgar is #1 cuz he beat "the man" twice. It doesn't make him the best LW. It just means he matches up well with BJ. And Maynard would lose to BJ,Gil, and Alvarez. The rankings are weird at lw. Tough to gauge.
1. Edgar - beat Jim miller, Tyson Griffin, Sean Sherk, BJ twice, and lossed and tied Maynard
2. Maynard- undefeated and has 2 big wins over Kenny and a younger Edgar. He is only ranked this high cuz of his record and his fights against Edgar.
3. BJ- the most talented LW fighter, has beaten a lot of tough guys. Its just Edgar is his kryptonite. But he would beat any other ranked LW.
4. Melendez- tough guy with good wrestling and solid striking. Lots of good wins and could be ranked higher and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
5. Alvarez- dangerous guy who may be the best of them all. I'm hoping he either comes to the UFC or fights Gilbert
Im in Porno's