Strikeforce Pick 'em: Fedor vs Silva - Page 18 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #171 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
KillingRoad89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 399
KillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to allKillingRoad89 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
One commentator says that Fedor was held by the neck with one hand and hit with other..

is that illegal to hold somebody with one hand while hitting with other?
its legal, fighters do it all the time.
KillingRoad89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #172 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
SigFig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,246
SigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingRoad89 View Post
its legal, fighters do it all the time.
Yup. The "**** choke" is legal.
__________________
SigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #173 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Im still in shock... Wtf just happened again?
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #174 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,809
420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida Karate View Post
Im still in shock... Wtf just happened again?
The overhyped bubble that is Fedor just got popped.

It is bound to happen when you struggle in fights against smaller guys and then have to face a larger better rounded fighter.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #175 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
The overhyped bubble that is Fedor just got popped.

It is bound to happen when you struggle in fights against smaller guys and then have to face a larger better rounded fighter.
I wouldn't say more well rounded, Fedor kid look like a midget compared to Big Foot.

I cant say thats the only reason but yeah, crazy turn of events, I guess no one can argue that Cain is the top HW on the planet without a doubt
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #176 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Big_Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 869
Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida Karate View Post
I wouldn't say more well rounded, Fedor kid look like a midget compared to Big Foot.

I cant say thats the only reason but yeah, crazy turn of events, I guess no one can argue that Cain is the top HW on the planet without a doubt
Well, after blowing my credits on Fedor... let's see what Overeem can do. If he runs through everyone in the tournament, I say he could definitely be candidate for #1 HW alongside Cain.
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #177 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Charm View Post
Well, after blowing my credits on Fedor... let's see what Overeem can do. If he runs through everyone in the tournament, I say he could definitely be candidate for #1 HW alongside Cain.
I think Overeem will win, and that its going to come down to him and Josh Barnett.

I picked Josh Barnett to beat Fedor on Affliction and then the fight got called off and i got my 50 back, i always been a big Barnett fan, and i think his straight punches would of been a bad match up against Fedors looping shots.

But Overeem is going to be a crazy fight with Barnett, i see his knees really taking a tole on Barnett, and Overeem seems to have crazy good TDD especially lately.

And obviously devastating hands, but if he fought Cain i KNOW Cain can hit harder just from Fight Science, and Cain seems a lot quicker, and i see him hitting harder and hitting faster/more often.

Overeem is fast and powerful dont get me wrong, i just know how hard Cain hits, and his speed is for sure better
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #178 (permalink)
The Nightman Cometh
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 12,948
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
no way i think actually sergei will win it in the final vs overeem by split decision
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #179 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Big_Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 869
Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida Karate View Post
I think Overeem will win, and that its going to come down to him and Josh Barnett.

I picked Josh Barnett to beat Fedor on Affliction and then the fight got called off and i got my 50 back, i always been a big Barnett fan, and i think his straight punches would of been a bad match up against Fedors looping shots.

But Overeem is going to be a crazy fight with Barnett, i see his knees really taking a tole on Barnett, and Overeem seems to have crazy good TDD especially lately.

And obviously devastating hands, but if he fought Cain i KNOW Cain can hit harder just from Fight Science, and Cain seems a lot quicker, and i see him hitting harder and hitting faster/more often.

Overeem is fast and powerful dont get me wrong, i just know how hard Cain hits, and his speed is for sure better
Awesome points there man...

I feel like Arlovski, instead of grabbing rope I went to the fridge to find 12 cold tallboys of Carlsberg

They say Cains' punches are that hard, but I really, really think if Overeem had him in the clinch it would be lights out.

I can't wait until Werdum/Overeem and Barnett/Rogers.... I'm calling Overeem vs. Barnett final
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #180 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
no way i think actually sergei will win it in the final vs overeem by split decision
Lol OWNS please stop your to much


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Charm View Post
Awesome points there man...

I feel like Arlovski, instead of grabbing rope I went to the fridge to find 12 cold tallboys of Carlsberg

They say Cains' punches are that hard, but I really, really think if Overeem had him in the clinch it would be lights out.

I can't wait until Werdum/Overeem and Barnett/Rogers.... I'm calling Overeem vs. Barnett final

Me to Overeem vs Barnett Final, I dont see Cain allowing Overeem to clinch and him not going for a body lock / TD like he always does, but i do respect Overeems knees lol, it would be a bad ass fight if wins the Tourny
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios