Anyone else watching this? holy crap this is brutal.... and having to wait a lil bit to start the weigh ins cuz a couple fighters hadn't shown up yet?!?! the hell is that?! 2 people missed weight, one guy by .2 lbs, the other guy .5, but the other guy accepted the .5 difference and didnt make him cut it.
tho the ring girl on the far right...... hotchi wawa!!!! and LoL at Bas making a joke at how boring this weigh in is.
Only the prelims dudes had weight probs, the main card guys came through 100 percent on the first go! Ah, maybe worth mentioning, they were all HWs, heh.
MAIN CARD (Showtime)
* Fedor Emelianenko (230) vs. Antonio Silva (264) - heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals
* Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (250) - heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals
* Shane Del Rosario (248) vs. Lavar Johnson (243) - heavyweight-tournament reserve fight
* Chad Griggs (229) vs. Gian Villante (227) - heavyweight-tournament reserve fight
* Valentijn Overeem (239) vs. Ray Sefo (249) - heavyweight-tournament reserve fight
PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
* John Cholish (155.75) vs. Marc Stevens (156.5)^
* Igor Gracie (170.75) vs. John Salgado (170)
* Don Carlo-Clauss (170.4) vs. Sam Oropeza (169.75)
* Josh LaBerge (145.75) vs. Anthony Leone (146.2)*
* Jason McLean (145.5) vs. Kevin Roddy (145.75)
* - Leone has been give one hour to lose the remaining two-tenths of a pound
^ - Stevens weighed one-half pound over the contracted limit, but Cholish elected to accept the matchup
tho it was pretty funny when Ray Sefo jumped on the scale with his shirt and hat on, and they told him he had to take some of his clothes of...... Bas and some of the other guys were saying "why? what does it matter it not gonna put him over anyway" and you could Sefo was asking the same thing... but made him take his hat, shirt and belt off..... the whole thing was kind of.... well nutty....
after seeing the UFC weigh ins last week compared to this.... Strikeforce may book some real good fights, but from a production stand point.... they are light years behind....
i know im comming off as a hater, and really im not... i swear! but i mean jesus... you cant make sure your fighters are there on time for weigh ins?! ill still enjoy watching fights on Strikeforce (well as best i can with Mauro 's annoying voice and stupid 1 liners and Frank going on how great Strikeforce is...), but i just cant take them as a serious company... especially with the ass licking they have to give M-1 just for Fedor.....
and the best part was, the way the light was, it would cast a shadow on that V shape under her bellybutton that leads to the promise land...... it was glorious..... its gonna come in real handy tonight....