If fedor is 34 and done what does that say about - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 03:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 926
Buakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level now
Fedor lost his motivation and his training hasent gotten with the times. The fact that he has gotten this far being practically a LHW against HW's is remarkable, but the guys were getting bigger, stronger, and faster and trains modernly and extensively, and Fedor can no longer keep up.

I mean Couture is what 48? And looked how jacked he looks, and still fights with a spark. I mean that Coleman vs Couture fight, it really showed who the old man was.
Buakaw_GSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buakaw_GSP View Post
Fedor lost his motivation and his training hasent gotten with the times. The fact that he has gotten this far being practically a LHW against HW's is remarkable, but the guys were getting bigger, stronger, and faster and trains modernly and extensively, and Fedor can no longer keep up.

I mean Couture is what 48? And looked how jacked he looks, and still fights with a spark. I mean that Coleman vs Couture fight, it really showed who the old man was.
true but machida is goiing to whoop randy's ass/ I really hope machida dos because i brought randy's tower 200. Its a piece of shit. It broke so machida would do justice if he whoops randy's ass.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buakaw_GSP View Post
I mean Couture is what 48? And looked how jacked he looks, and still fights with a spark. I mean that Coleman vs Couture fight, it really showed who the old man was.
Couture still feels passionate for MMA!
I don't think Fedor feels the same!

I think he didn't make the transition from the MMA of 5-6 years a go to today's MMA! Especially training camps and pre fight preparations!

Fedor doesn't do training camps, he doesn't cut weight, he just trains. And for fights he trains a bit harder.
That worked some years ago, but now with all these camps and world class trainers + top fighters training together = EVOLUTION! Can only make you better!

Couture is a freak.
Fedor is a russian guy, who was exceptional on putting a beating on a lot of tough guys!
But now, even tougher guys showed up and they are ables to put a beating on him.
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Couture still feels passionate for MMA!
I don't think Fedor feels the same!

I think he didn't make the transition from the MMA of 5-6 years a go to today's MMA! Especially training camps and pre fight preparations!

Fedor doesn't do training camps, he doesn't cut weight, he just trains. And for fights he trains a bit harder.
That worked some years ago, but now with all these camps and world class trainers + top fighters training together = EVOLUTION! Can only make you better!

Couture is a freak.
Fedor is a russian guy, who was exceptional on putting a beating on a lot of tough guys!
But now, even tougher guys showed up and they are ables to put a beating on him.
oah aren't Russians suppose to be the toughest guys around?
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
oah aren't Russians suppose to be the toughest guys around?
lol
At drinking vodka maybe!

How the hell should i know!

MMA has evolved a lot in recent years.
Fedor didn't!

He relied on the same training techniques and fighting techniques, that helped him become a great fighter!

That's what happens when you don't adapt!
You are left behind!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
lol
At drinking vodka maybe!

How the hell should i know!

MMA has evolved a lot in recent years.
Fedor didn't!

He relied on the same training techniques and fighting techniques, that helped him become a great fighter!

That's what happens when you don't adapt!
You are left behind!
does that apply to shogun...i still think he is the same fighter from his pride days.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
does that apply to shogun...i still think he is the same fighter from his pride days.
No it doesn't apply to him.
Because he is training his ass off in between fights!

It's just that, imo, the HW division has changed more than the others.
How many heavyweights from Fedor's golden days are still relevant?! NONE! The UFC HWs from that time are crap and the Pride HW pretty much the same. Fedor was the last one to fall!

The fact that Nogueira and Cro Cop haven't announced their retirement yet means hit!
They have one good fight left in them: against eachother!
Top UFC HW from that time: Sylvia, Arlovski, Rizzo, Couture mean nothing today.

5 years ago nobody knew anything about Cain, JDS, Carwin, Schaub, or Silva.

The LHW on the other hand still has some fighters going strong: Shogun, Rampage, Henderson, Lil Nog (kinda), Belfort and Wanderlei at 185...
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
No it doesn't apply to him.
Because he is training his ass off in between fights!

It's just that, imo, the HW division has changed more than the others.
How many heavyweights from Fedor's golden days are still relevant?! NONE! The UFC HWs from that time are crap and the Pride HW pretty much the same. Fedor was the last one to fall!

The fact that Nogueira and Cro Cop haven't announced their retirement yet means hit!
They have one good fight left in them: against eachother!
Top UFC HW from that time: Sylvia, Arlovski, Rizzo, Couture mean nothing today.

5 years ago nobody knew anything about Cain, JDS, Carwin, Schaub, or Silva.

The LHW on the other hand still has some fighters going strong: Shogun, Rampage, Henderson, Lil Nog (kinda), Belfort and Wanderlei at 185...
Hey but big nog trains his ass off everyday. I tihnk with fedor case size is the issue. Look at reem he is huge...mir also realize he needs to get bigger. i think the hw division has just got bigger guys come in now cuting down to 265.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Hey but big nog trains his ass off everyday. I tihnk with fedor case size is the issue. Look at reem he is huge...mir also realize he needs to get bigger. i think the hw division has just got bigger guys come in now cuting down to 265.
Nog is done as far as titles and number 1 contender fights.
Mir bulked up to 265 beat Congo, who is bellow can level, and then got destroyed by Carwin in 3 minutes!

Fedor doesn't cut wweight for his fights. He is about 230-235 lbs heavy.
Rashad Evans cuts from 235 lbs.
Rampage cuts from 250-252 lbs. He is much bigger than Fedor.

The ideal weight division for Fedor would be LHW, but i don't think he in interested in cutting weight and sh*t like that.
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 54
Halloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
lol
At drinking vodka maybe!

How the hell should i know!

MMA has evolved a lot in recent years.
Fedor didn't!

He relied on the same training techniques and fighting techniques, that helped him become a great fighter!

That's what happens when you don't adapt!
You are left behind!
You know they have periods instead of exclamation marks right?
Halloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios