Your still Mohammed Ali of MMA - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Oy! I wasn't easy, but I had to rep osmium for this. Good sarcasm can't go unrewarded.

Comparing Fedor to Ali has to be considered nothing short of blasphemy. Just look at the competition Ali took on.

Liston, Forman, Frazier, Norton, Patterson, Young, Shavers, even took on Homes way past his prime. Who did Ali ever duck?

Sorry, this just won't work. Fedor was good HW a few years back. He deserves credit. He is not a Gretzsky, or Jordan or Ali. His resume is fair at best, fighting very few actual natural HW's. He fought many mediocre fighters and was unable to finish. And he ducked the best fighters for about 7 years. Try as you may, you will fail and making him out to be Ali.

And please stop blaming M1 for his ducks.

The problem is your talking about a heavyweight !

Give me a HW fighter that fought more than 30 battles and lost only 2 or 3 or 4 fights other than Fedor?

Plus, because there where not so great HW (as lots claim) when Fedor was crushing guys, doesn't make Fedor less or have to prove anything, because as we say at home:

For every age there's a LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfZion View Post
Cleveland Williams, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Ingemar Johanson to name a few. Like Fedor, i dont think Rocky was ducking anybody himself but his management was. I think Rock might have beaten some of those guys, NOT Liston tho. Oh hell no. It came to the point where his undefeated record became more important than taking on the new breed of younger HWs coming up...... sound like anybody you know??
I really wish he changes his management (but I don't think he will) and then we'll be seeing him in the UFC, where I really wish he goes after Cain (with all respect to him) and the guys his size, and then see who is the great fighter of the MMA history.

When Fedor crushed bigger size he wasn't at 34 years old, and AGE is a difference. That's why he probably isn't able to handle bigger guys today.

Anyway he is coming, and be ware of the ROAR of The Last Emperor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranja View Post
just wanted to say that i completely agree with the writer, thumbs up for writing such an excellent piece.
Thanks for passing by Ranja, and I'm happy you like my simple writing :$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Those guys were very young at the time. It's just not the same. Fedor was in talks to take on the best fighters and backed out. Marciano was not ducking anyone, at least of his own will.

Also, Marciano was fighting HW's with him as a very small HW. He was finishing almost everyone. Fedor was fighting LHW's and small HW's who were taking him the distance.

Finally, Marciano successfully retired undefeated after 49 fights, even if he did have a few easy ones toward the end. Fedor lost his "easy" fights.

There's no comparison.

I would compare Fedor to Shamrock. Both were the best at their respective times. Then again, Shamrock didn't duck fighters, even when he should have.
I really don't know why you keep saying "Fedor duck fights" when in your true heart and brain you know that his management where the lamers in all this crap thats being said today?

Mate, Fedor NEVER asked for an opponent do you know why? because ALL opponents asked for HIM, they even WISH just to COMPETE with him, not to WIN !!!!

Fedor is no way Shamrock, and no way he lost the easy fights, this if you call Bigfoot an easy guy? Then re-estimate again, because he will give a hell of a fight against the Reem or the Calvo. Fedor made a mistake going into Fabricio's guard and got caught trying to finish the fight early, nothing more nothing less.
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Amateur
 
NGen2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 166
NGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A Hug
Fedor = the Gerry Conney of MMA; not close to Ali. Dude never speaks and speakin was a big part of Ali's gig.
NGen2010 is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGen2010 View Post
Fedor = the Gerry Conney of MMA; not close to Ali. Dude never speaks and speakin was a big part of Ali's gig.
Because the dude had left all of his speaks to the CAGE or RING, not to the MEDIA to talk about!

A fighter = fighter
A Fighter != a trash talker
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Amateur
 
NGen2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 166
NGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A HugNGen2010 Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3z View Post
Because the dude had left all of his speaks to the CAGE or RING, not to the MEDIA to talk about!

A fighter = fighter
A Fighter != a trash talker
However 99.99% of the time Ali backed it up. Ali was a real fighter. Fedor a puppet for Russian mafia and the worst mgmt team ever known to man.
NGen2010 is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
MrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By All
Seriously comparing Fedor to Ali - WTF.

Ali shrugged of his (few) losses. Ali is like the ultimate, stood the test of age and time and fought the best till he was done.
MrObjective is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGen2010 View Post
However 99.99% of the time Ali backed it up. Ali was a real fighter. Fedor a puppet for Russian mafia and the worst mgmt team ever known to man.
I'm not Russian nor an European. But unfortunately this is how most of his haters see it. Its seen from the racist side !!!

Who hear people talk about the Russian mafia like this would say: wow they seem like the FBI knowing everything

He has lame management yes, but don't forget this puppet went 10 years in a row crushing opponents! What a puppet is that? lol
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #37 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObjective View Post
Seriously comparing Fedor to Ali - WTF.

Ali shrugged of his (few) losses. Ali is like the ultimate, stood the test of age and time and fought the best till he was done.
Fedor said he'll be back, and because of that I think you need to backup your talk. Until he leaves for good then come say what you said.

Seeing him as the Ali of MMA is a matter of opinion, I might be right and you wrong, on the other side I might be wrong and you're right.

see simple equation
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #38 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
tkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Nobody can be compared to Ali for any reason.

He transcended sports. Easily the most famous athlete alive. Maybe Michael Jordan has surpassed him recently, but the time of Ali's retirement, he was a hero from the suburbs of the Midwest to the slums of Botswana.

My next door neighbor doesn't even know who Fedor is.
Totally agree

Fedor can not be compared to Ali.

Ali was the Heavyweight champion at a time where there was one belt and one champion, not debate over who is the best from UFC or Pride. There was the heavyweight champ of the world and to be the best you had to beat the best.

He over come adversity, stripped of his crown and exiled from the sport. He came back and regained his crown.

He thought with and beat the best there ever was (arguably) Foreman, Liston, Frazier etc

As you say, he was the most famous man in the world and was voted the greatest sports man on the 20th century to this day everyone knows who Ali is yet he hasn't boxed for decades....only mma fans know of Fedor (even some casual fans only know the UFC stars)

I know it's not his fault that the populairty of MMA at his time resulted in his lesser profile than a top boxer and also he can't be blamed for the talent pool being split over different organisations BUT facts are facts and Fedor spent too long not fighting top guys.

During his days in Pride he fought and beat pretty much everyone avaliable for him to fight. He is a legend, but for circumstances beyond his own control he never will compare to Ali...even relatively speaking in MMA terms in my opinion (he just doesn't have the same calibre of fights or dramatic fights on his record for that, he should have joined the UFC years ago)
tkoshea is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
tkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3z View Post
Fedor said he'll be back, and because of that I think you need to backup your talk. Until he leaves for good then come say what you said.

Seeing him as the Ali of MMA is a matter of opinion, I might be right and you wrong, on the other side I might be wrong and you're right.

see simple equation
Ten years crushing who though?

Mark Coleman? UFC reject

Nogueira and Cro Cop were two of his most notable wins, but then both have gone on to enter UFC without success (ok you can argue they were both past their prime by such time but this is the only reference we have to go on)

Fedor never came to UFC to test himself like other Pride people did. Pride fighters carry a legendary status seemingly without question from its glory days yet very few have made the move to UFC successfully (while this doesn't prove the PRide organisation was over hyped it does at least give evidence that there are question marks over who is was best at any one time)

Heath Herring? Gary Goodridge? again two guys who were less than successful in the UFC...post UFC cut Arlovski or Tim Silvia?

What I am saying is to me Fedor is more of the Naseem Hamed than he is the Mohammed ALi....great record based on beating people largely not the best, he never took the option to fight Couture, never stepped into UFC when offered to fight the current crop and prove himself against LEsner, Velsaquez and whoever (as Cro cop failed to do against UFC guys)

He hasn't even thought Overeem in the time they have been both at Strikeforce.

A UFC cut Werdum has beat him as has an up and coming Antonio Silva.

Looking at his record it comes down to wins over Cro Cop, Nogueira who both went on to have limited success in UFC and two guys who were UFC rejects in Randleman and Coleman.

I think he has a largely padded and fabricated record and while still a legend his lack of top names and top fights and failure to ever take up the challenge of moving to the UFC mean (to me at least) he can never be considered on the level of Ali.
tkoshea is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
MrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3z View Post
Fedor said he'll be back, and because of that I think you need to backup your talk. Until he leaves for good then come say what you said.

Seeing him as the Ali of MMA is a matter of opinion, I might be right and you wrong, on the other side I might be wrong and you're right.

see simple equation
Ya.. true.
MrObjective is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios