Lost in the upset, how good is Del Rosario?? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObjective View Post
What?

He's faster, more agile - solid grappler, he's a better striker - than Antonio Silva. He's not like a kid - he has good fight experience. What else does he have to do to fight a 'name' like Antonio Silva? If you win you move up and fight someone ranked better - Antonio Silva among a few other 'names' make sense. Arlovski needs to retire for his own good just like Chuck Liddell.

Resario is in a good camp, 11-0 by finish at 27 it's time to fight. As much as you may dislike the UFC, atleast top prospects get a shot, if they win they fight better competition, keep moving up. They don't preserve 'names.'
Are you serious?!

Wow...just wooow!
I thought you were gonna say something smart!
Guess i was wrong!
Terribly wrong!

First of all - Del Rosario looks like a very promissing prospect! But ...there's a big BUT:
Look at Del Rosario's proffesional record - the fighters that he beat!
Then take a look at Antonio Silva's proffesional record:
he has wins over 2 former UFC champions and the former Pride champion and the fighter regarded by many as the best HW ever. And he brutalized Fedor like never before.
Silva is a BJJ Black Belt, a Judo Black Belt and a Karate Black Belt.
Plus he's much stronger than Del Rosario.

You are dreaming unicorns if you think Del Rosario would stand a chance against Silva at this moment.

Maybe in 2-3 years he would stand a chance.
If he trains his ass off, if he learns some legit BJJ and striking.

Get serious pls!

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
He isn't a HW and I have no idea why strikeforce is using him as one. I expect him to move down to 205 soon because he won't be wanting any part of HWs with actual skills.
osmium is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 336
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
He isn't a HW and I have no idea why strikeforce is using him as one. I expect him to move down to 205 soon because he won't be wanting any part of HWs with actual skills.
he is 248 pounds. He is taller and heavier than both Velasquez and Dos Santos. I dont know many 6f4 248 pound guys cutting to 205. Saying "actual skills" makes me think you dont know much about Del Rosario. There is a reason Lesnar wanted to bring him in for his camp, the kid has actual grappling and striking skills.

He trains BJJ under 2x Pan American Champion Giva "The Arm Collector" Santana, i believe he is a brown belt, he is as legit as it comes and will only get better.


His striking is already levels about guys like BF and he will only get better. He is a freak athlete and if you watch his fight with Brandon Cash he got clocked right on the chin by a monster shot and still recovered to get a Omaplata. The kid has a future.
SonOfZion is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObjective View Post
I'd take him over Fedor, Arlovski, Antonio Silva, and Brett Rogers.
He is good but like Fedor is a small HW it may catch up to him like it has Fedor.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
He is good but like Fedor is a small HW it may catch up to him like it has Fedor.
Might catch up with Cain too.
Fine Wine is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Big foot got smashed by Kyle (LHW) and lost a 10:8 round in the first.

Big foots striking is slow and sloppy. His main strength is his BJJ and pure strength and size.

If Del could avoid the take downs of BF or scramble back up to his feet (which is a task) then I think he could take Big Foot right now.

No need to wait, lets throw him in there with the big boys. The man has skills.
Mckeever is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,893
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Big foot got smashed by Kyle (LHW) and lost a 10:8 round in the first..

What does that really mean? Mike Kyle has brutal power.. Just because Bigfoot is a HW he is supposed to have a harder head?

Mike Kyle knocks out almost everybody he hits square on the chin. Thats why 12 of his 18 wins are by strikes. Hell he's even TKOed LHW champ Rafael Feijao.


He dropped Bigfoot. He didn't beat Bigfoot. Shane is unproven and Bigfoot just smashed Fedor Emeliananko.

I'd give the advantage to Bigfoot any day of the week at this point.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
What does that really mean? Mike Kyle has brutal power.. Just because Bigfoot is a HW he is supposed to have a harder head?

Mike Kyle knocks out almost everybody he hits square on the chin. Thats why 12 of his 18 wins are by strikes. Hell he's even TKOed LHW champ Rafael Feijao.


He dropped Bigfoot. He didn't beat Bigfoot. Shane is unproven and Bigfoot just smashed Fedor Emeliananko.

I'd give the advantage to Bigfoot any day of the week at this point.
It means that a dude who shouldn't really be fighting at HW, smashed quite a large HW for a full round. He had a big reach and strength advantage over Kyle, yet he still got lit up and smashed.

I'm not saying Big foot isnt a good fighter, he is, but he isnt great. His best win before fedor was a fairly lack luster decision of Arlovski.

His stand up is sloppy, he's slow. He has good BJJ and has great strength and power, but I dont for one second class him as some elite HW.

Shane is quicker, has better, more diverse stand up and has some legit grappling skills of his own. He could very well hold his own with Big foot at this stage.
Mckeever is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,893
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
It means that a dude who shouldn't really be fighting at HW, smashed quite a large HW for a full round. He had a big reach and strength advantage over Kyle, yet he still got lit up and smashed.

I'm not saying Big foot isnt a good fighter, he is, but he isnt great. His best win before fedor was a fairly lack luster decision of Arlovski.

His stand up is sloppy, he's slow. He has good BJJ and has great strength and power, but I dont for one second class him as some elite HW.

Shane is quicker, has better, more diverse stand up and has some legit grappling skills of his own. He could very well hold his own with Big foot at this stage.
It means nothing of the sort. Kyle is smaller and faster. He came into that cage at least 60lbs lighter with brutally powerful hands and hit Silva hard.....and still couldn't put him away...Kyle didn't smash anybody.

He dropped Silva and won a round... than he got brutally pounded into mush by Bigfoot in the following round.

Fedor was top 5 in HW rankings before that loss. Silva destroyed him.

Silva was already ranked top 10 before that fight. Sorry bud Antonio "Bigfoot"Silva is an Elite HW whether you like it or not.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
It means nothing of the sort. Kyle is smaller and faster. He came into that cage at least 60lbs lighter with brutally powerful hands and hit Silva hard.....and still couldn't put him away...Kyle didn't smash anybody.

He dropped Silva and won a round... than he got brutally pounded into mush by Bigfoot in the following round.

Fedor was top 5 in HW rankings before that loss. Silva destroyed him.

Silva was already ranked top 10 before that fight. Sorry bud Antonio "Bigfoot"Silva is an Elite HW whether you like it or not.
If Kyle didnt smash Big Foot for a round, then shane carwin didn't smash brock for a round either..... Silva couldnt trade with Kyle, so he used his size and strength advantage to get him to the ground and donkey kong him out.

Despite the fedor win, i consider him a mid level heavy weight. The only area he really excels in is his BJJ, every thing else is really quite average. He was out struck by Werdum.

I see him getting smashed by cain, jds and overeem and he would probably lose to werdum again.
Mckeever is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome