MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Aleksander Emelianenko (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/879-aleksander-emelianenko.html)

natboki 07-07-2006 06:21 PM

Aleksander Emelianenko
 
OK, I dont know if this is true but a friend and I were talking about how some of the Pride FC fighters should come over to the UFC to make some real money such as, Fedor Emelianenko, Aleksander, Wanderlei Silva, Mirko Crocrop, Quinton Jackson, Igor Vovchanchyn, Bob Sapp, Semmy Schilt, Gilber Yvel, Mark Hunt etc............but then my friend said then Aleksander Emelianenko has signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship........anyone heard of this?
I also have heard that Pride FC is coming to Las Vegas October 22nd 2006. Is this true? do you think its going to be Pride VS. UFC???????
Who rules would apply, ya think?
Imagine this................Arlovski VS. Fedor
Wanderlei Silva VS. Rich Franklin
Mirko VS. David Louisaeu or Sapp VS. Tim Sylvia etc..........................

Gman 07-07-2006 06:38 PM

I haven't heard anything about Aleksander signing with UFC. For some reason, I doubt it.

By the way, why do you think UFC pays more than Pride FC? Maybe you know something I don't, but it seems unlikely. Yes, UFC is more popular here in the US, but Pride is a huge event over in Japan. It makes sense that Pride FC would be able to pay their fighters more, being they hold their events in 100,000 seat arenas. Could UFC fill a venue like that?

:dunno:

moldy 07-07-2006 07:04 PM

I doubt he would. Actuall the pride fighter's make more money. They attract larger crowds and get bigger payouts. He might though saves him fighting his brother.

jdun11 07-07-2006 07:20 PM

Aleksander Emelianenko Would Be Champ Of The Ufc No Question His Striking Is Awesome..better Than Fedors Possibly..the Only One Who Would Have A Chance Would Be Arlovski By Submission..but Noone In The Ufc Could Strike Wit Him Beacause The Only One In Prise That Can Is Crocop

wolverinejoe80 07-08-2006 12:54 AM

i thought top pride fighters make 5 times more $ than top ufc fighters.

Gman 07-08-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolverinejoe80
i thought top pride fighters make 5 times more $ than top ufc fighters.

I don't know it for fact, but I believe it's very possible they make a LOT more than UFC fighters. Pride draws much larger live crowds, and sells out huge arenas in Japan, but I think the top Pride fighters make some real bank not just from the purse, but also from endorsement deals etc., over there. UFC has some sponsors as well, but it's not popular enough yet here in the States to match Pride's marketability over in Japan.

Eminem 07-08-2006 01:43 AM

Give me a link and i will believe you.

But UFC offerd Tito more money then pride did.

jdun11 07-08-2006 12:01 PM

Pride Pays Alot More Than Ufc Thats A Fact!

The Don 07-08-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gman
I don't know it for fact, but I believe it's very possible they make a LOT more than UFC fighters. Pride draws much larger live crowds, and sells out huge arenas in Japan, but I think the top Pride fighters make some real bank not just from the purse, but also from endorsement deals etc., over there. UFC has some sponsors as well, but it's not popular enough yet here in the States to match Pride's marketability over in Japan.


True but here in the US we do have a tendency to over pay people.. UFC has a much smaller roster from what I have seen so might be able to pay more...

Kameleon 07-08-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eminem
Give me a link and i will believe you.

But UFC offerd Tito more money then pride did.

UFC probably offered Tito more money at the expense of other fighters get less money, just like any other sport. Pride has much bigger fan base and to me that means more money for the company.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2