Wow... This is an amusing thread. I watched the fight and here are my thoughts:
1) If you thought Renzo was doin' the Lay 'n' Pray, then you've never spent too much time on the gruond with anyone who knows what they're doing. It wasn't like Renzo took Frank down, sat in his full gaurd with his head buried in this chest hoping not to get hit. He took him down and would immediately transition to half-guard and then out to side mount. He was working. If you can't see that, get on the mat with someone who knows what they're doing, not your undersized cousins or siblings, and definitely not just your drunk buddies.
2) I don't know what to think about that warning timer. I was watching the fight, and Herb Dean stands them up while Renzo has moved to KoB. The crowd didn't even start booing at that point. Do you know how significant that is considering the nature of the Stateside audience? Hell, even the announcers were saying that Frank was just holding on (in their exact words "stalling) waiting for the warning to go off and get reset to their feet. I don't know on what side of the fence you are on as far as ground work goes, but they were definitely being stood up way too early.
3) When things were standing, Frank was scoring with strikes. But, this ain't boxing and the clinch (and following takedown) was par for the course. I was expecting a little more on Frank's end to keep it on his side of the game.
4) The knees were being thrown and hitting exactly where Frank wanted them to hit. He knew where Renzo's head was, and if you don't believe me get someone to pull side mount on you, close your eyes and tell me if you can't figure out their skull from their arsehole. The knees were fully intentional, and as the rules go they were foul shots.
5) Did it look to me like Renzo is hamming it up after Herb stops for the fouls? To be fair: Yes, completely. The knees, although fouls, were not that hard. He didn't have the room to fully extend his leg because of the fence, and Renzo's position didn't allow Frank to connect with his knee cap (more the top of his thigh). At that point, it has to be pointed out why Frank was DQ'd. Frank was DQ'd was because Renzo did not continue after given the time to recuperate after the foul. If he would have gotten back into the fight, then the fight would have went to a finish. BTW - If the fighter (or anyone) says to an EMT that their neck/head is hurting, that EMT will neckbrace them to fully protect them from further injury and to fully protect themselves from a lawsuit.
All in all... That fight was definitely disappointing. Frank was confident on his feet and was scoring the significant shots, but Renzo was taking him down and controlling him at will. I was hoping that Frank would at least be able to pull gaurd, but he couldn't. I would have called it a draw up until the foul. After the foul, everything about this fight went down the toilet faster than last night's fried chicken and okra. No one was "clearly" winning in this fight, and we all got a finish that no one wanted.
But, please for the love of what you consider sacred, please don't give us a rematch. I'd sooner have bamboo shoved up under my finger nails than to have to witness something like this again. Shame on both Frank and Renzo for that.
It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree
... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved
Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto