Aoki was disallowed a post fight speech!? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Aoki was the first fight on the televised card and he beat a c-level fighter that was hand picked for him to beat. There was no real reason for him to be given a post fight interview, there are a lot of times when dudes that fight early on a card dont get them, just because Aoki cried doesnt mean anyone owes im shit.
F**king Chad Griggs or Valentijn Overeem gave interviews after their fights...

Aoki is *a bit* more deserving than those two...imho

So for that....
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Spizzy Mooj Froobies
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,777
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
People are looking way too much into this.

First of all, yes what happened in Japan was terrible, but that has ZERO to do with giving a fighter a post fight interview. Not everyone is interviewed anyway. I am sure there were American fighters who did not get an interview as well. So what?

And honsestly, Strikeforce probably had a schedule, (have this fight, then this, no interview here, give these guys speeches at the end, etc...) If that wasn't part of the schedule then that's probably why he didn't get a speech. If it was a random American fighter, nobody would have given a crap.

Personally the concept of giving a post fight speech is pretty overrated to me anyway. It's always the same thing. Talk about the gameplan, how the fight went, did that punch hurt? Who do you want to fight next? Can't wait to see you back.

It is lame and overdone.
__________________

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
leifdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania/Hawaii
Posts: 2,144
leifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syko View Post
How f***ing heartless are some people on here? Did anyone not notice what has happened in Japan? half of their country just got wiped out by a f***ing tsunami. It was a way bigger tragedy than 9/11 and we still hear about about that every day, but because its in a different country "F**k them", and people wonder why america is hated so much. Am actually fuming now.
Again, let me repeat, I have nothing but respect for the Japanese people as a whole, but I can't stand the individual Shinya Aoki. He is a dirty fighter and kind of a bitch.
__________________
Supporting BJ Penn-Joe Lauzon-Brock Lesnar-Anderson Silva-Lyoto Machida
ContactSportsNews365
leifdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
This is getting WAY out of hand.

They didn't interview his opponent either. Why? For the same reason they don't interview some fighters on UFC cards on Spike.

They have very specific time constraints for the show. They have to get everything in. Granted the show was shorter than their timeslot, but theres no guarantee that ANY fights are going to be finishes, and the length of the program is set for exactly that.

When there are multiple finishes they know they have time for the rhetoric like post fight interviews. If they're not sure they have the time, they won't do it, simple as that.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
This is getting WAY out of hand.

They didn't interview his opponent either. Why? For the same reason they don't interview some fighters on UFC cards on Spike.

They have very specific time constraints for the show. They have to get everything in. Granted the show was shorter than their timeslot, but theres no guarantee that ANY fights are going to be finishes, and the length of the program is set for exactly that.

When there are multiple finishes they know they have time for the rhetoric like post fight interviews. If they're not sure they have the time, they won't do it, simple as that.
Each event is planned in advance and when they take in consideration the show going the full distance.
I don't believe there is one show where the organisers say: this will be one hour long, but we have 4 fights scheduled...so we're hoping for some stoppages, or else it's not good for us....

In this case, the SF people involved in putting this event together thought of the possibility that Aoki's fight would last 15 mins + introductions + the time in between rounds + the after fight stuff.

Considering the fight only lasted just over one minute, that means Aoki *saved* them about 16 minutes at least.

So the time/schedule argument doesn't stand in this case.

Simple logic.

Easy, no?!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Each event is planned in advance and when they take in consideration the show going the full distance.
I don't believe there is one show where the organisers say: this will be one hour long, but we have 4 fights scheduled...so we're hoping for some stoppages, or else it's not good for us....

In this case, the SF people involved in putting this event together thought of the possibility that Aoki's fight would last 15 mins + introductions + the time in between rounds + the after fight stuff.

Considering the fight only lasted just over one minute, that means Aoki *saved* them about 16 minutes at least.

So the time/schedule argument doesn't stand in this case.

Simple logic.

Easy, no?!
Under your logic almost everyone should have been interviewed at UFC 120, yet only a fraction fo the fighters were. Your rebuttal holds even less water.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
People are looking way too much into this.

First of all, yes what happened in Japan was terrible, but that has ZERO to do with giving a fighter a post fight interview. Not everyone is interviewed anyway. I am sure there were American fighters who did not get an interview as well. So what?

And honsestly, Strikeforce probably had a schedule, (have this fight, then this, no interview here, give these guys speeches at the end, etc...) If that wasn't part of the schedule then that's probably why he didn't get a speech. If it was a random American fighter, nobody would have given a crap.

Personally the concept of giving a post fight speech is pretty overrated to me anyway. It's always the same thing. Talk about the gameplan, how the fight went, did that punch hurt? Who do you want to fight next? Can't wait to see you back.

It is lame and overdone.
Pretty much how i see it , my heart goes out to japan but it has nothing to do with the fight therefore if SF didnt feel the need to allow him to speak or give him an interview then so be it.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Under your logic almost everyone should have been interviewed at UFC 120, yet only a fraction fo the fighters were. Your rebuttal holds even less water.
Actually, i disagree.

I've rewatched the fight 3 hrs ago and i still don't understand what Aoki was trying to say to the announcer.
Was he *begging* to get the mic or was it a sign that he didn't want the mic?!?!
Only he can explain the situation.

But:

1. This was the MAIN CARD!

2. Shinya Aoki is one of the best fighters in the world (in a lot of people's opinion) and SF/ZUFFA are trying to promote him in the US, where he isn't that known for the casual fans

3. He just pulled off a beautiful submission.

I can understand not interviewing a fighter who won a boring decision or a controversial one.

But, when the winning fighter meets all the criterias i layed out, from 1 to 3 - i believe he should get his interview, with or without time constraints!

For crying out loud...how long is a normal post fight interview?!?! 20-30 seconds?!?

If he eanted the mic, he should have gotten the mic.

END OF STORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Pretty much how i see it , my heart goes out to japan but it has nothing to do with the fight therefore if SF didnt feel the need to allow him to speak or give him an interview then so be it.
Yes...it's their call.

But comm'on...let's be serious.

You have more than 10,000 people screaming Aoki's name, after a superb victory.
IF a fighter like Aoki asks for the mic in a situation like this one - you give it to him.

Otherwise, it's a big sign of disrespect.

Chad Griggs, Valentijn Overeem or Bobby Lashley got interviewd (if i'm not mistaking)....COMM'ON!!!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Actually, i disagree.

I've rewatched the fight 3 hrs ago and i still don't understand what Aoki was trying to say to the announcer.
Was he *begging* to get the mic or was it a sign that he didn't want the mic?!?!
Only he can explain the situation.

But:

1. This was the MAIN CARD!

2. Shinya Aoki is one of the best fighters in the world (in a lot of people's opinion) and SF/ZUFFA are trying to promote him in the US, where he isn't that known for the casual fans

3. He just pulled off a beautiful submission.

I can understand not interviewing a fighter who won a boring decision or a controversial one.

But, when the winning fighter meets all the criterias i layed out, from 1 to 3 - i believe he should get his interview, with or without time constraints!

For crying out loud...how long is a normal post fight interview?!?! 20-30 seconds?!?

If he eanted the mic, he should have gotten the mic.

END OF STORY!
And I believe the people signing his paychecks decide if and when he speaks while in their cage.

You don't know why they didn't let him speak, or even if he wanted to.

It seemed more to me he was asking if they wanted him to as he was leaving the cage.

But none of us know. Whether you are right, or I am is immaterial. If whatever he wanted to say was so damn important, there'd have been something said about it. Yet, there is nothing. Why? Because he either had nothing to say, or it wasn't important.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
And I believe the people signing his paychecks decide if and when he speaks while in their cage.

You don't know why they didn't let him speak, or even if he wanted to.

It seemed more to me he was asking if they wanted him to as he was leaving the cage.

But none of us know. Whether you are right, or I am is immaterial. If whatever he wanted to say was so damn important, there'd have been something said about it. Yet, there is nothing. Why? Because he either had nothing to say, or it wasn't important.
The bolded part is spot on!
The red bolded part, even more so.

Maybe he didn't want to speak in the first place...

But, imo, if he really asked for the mic - begged (in this case) - he should have gotten the mic.

It's f***ing SHINYA AOKI, not somekind of CAN from the undercards or the Challengers series.

Thousands of fans were cheering him and screaming his name!!!

Where is that "the fans are the most important for us" policy, in this case?!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios