If JDS was to fight overeem... - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 786
                     
If JDS has the chin, he could outpoint Overeem. The Demo Man's strategy is to soak up shots and then counter with a big overhand shot. If you are going to strike with Overeem you have to have an epic Fedor-like chin.
astrallite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:30 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
JDS would have murdered Reem last night, I expected a lot more from The Demolition Man.

He completely nullified Werdum's gameplan and kept the fight in his element, yet managed to get beaten in his own element. Yes Reem did more damage, but at the end of the day, he took the most shots and didn't finish the fight = outstruck.

Reem showed great TDD and awesome strength, but was just looking for the big one-shot KO while eating combinations to the face, JDS would have made him look silly.

SM33 is offline  
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,610
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
JDS would have murdered Reem last night, I expected a lot more from The Demolition Man.

He completely nullified Werdum's gameplan and kept the fight in his element, yet managed to get beaten in his own element. Yes Reem did more damage, but at the end of the day, he took the most shots and didn't finish the fight = outstruck.

Reem showed great TDD and awesome strength, but was just looking for the big one-shot KO while eating combinations to the face, JDS would have made him look silly.
Reems tdd wasnt on display last night. I dont see anyone could honestly believe that. Werdums non existant TD game was exposed and his baiting tactic wasnt effective. Reem will easily get taken down by a good wrestler, i wouldnt be surprised to see barnet win this whole thing.
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Reems tdd wasnt on display last night. I dont see anyone could honestly believe that. Werdums non existant TD game was exposed and his baiting tactic wasnt effective. Reem will easily get taken down by a good wrestler, i wouldnt be surprised to see barnet win this whole thing.
He had some quick sprawls, they would probably be defeated by a good wrestler but in the context of just that fight, his ability to keep it standing was one of the better things on display, even though Werdum wasn't attempting takedowns so much as asking Reem to fall to the ground for him.

SM33 is offline  
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,610
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
He had some quick sprawls, they would probably be defeated by a good wrestler but in the context of just that fight, his ability to keep it standing was one of the better things on display, even though Werdum wasn't attempting takedowns so much as asking Reem to fall to the ground for him.
its easy to sprawl when your opponent doesnt set it up at all and completely telegraphs it. At one point werdum actually shot in, got thrown off, then tried again. It was pitiful.
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome