Fedor gets the boot from SF! - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,483
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulding91 View Post
Igor Vovchanyun had a longer unbeaten streak.
I'm talking post Fedor era. Igor is another great heavyweight, Fedor just sustained his wins longer after facing more known fighters.
__________________
_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 298
Nikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura aboutNikkolai has a spectacular aura about
You cannot fault Fedor for fighting in HIS time line so I think it is absurd that people call him overrated finally after all the years and then wait until he loses and say "I knew it all along." I am going to take what the fighters have said about him in the past. That being said, I think he should just retire.
Nikkolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,099
Fine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
Zuffa/UFC/Dana are becoming monsters and not good ones.
Exactly. You can just see that ugly, cheesy grin Dana has, sitting behind closed doors laughing about finally getting the chance to sack Fedor after all those years Fedor wouldn't bow to Dana as some kind of king like his other rostered fighters do (Anderson Silva makes me sick with how great a fighter he is and how much he stil has to suck upto Dana).

This really annoys me that Zuffa can now do whatever they like and still rake in billions of dollars! And to think how many guys still defend them and their monopoly power! It is outright sickening and doesn't relate to any other sport (even NFL et al have seperate team owners).

Last edited by Fine Wine : 08-05-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Fine Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:31 AM   #44 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,519
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Wow... suddenly I feel like I don't want to be an MMA fan anymore.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #45 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,123
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
K...I just had to share this video cuz it shows that Zuffa has full reigns now. They are the "empire."

Cutting Overeem plus all Golden Glory fighters with the exception of Sergei and now Fedor. Who would of thought...

The message is clear. Do their bidding or face exile.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #46 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
^
Shame on the sport! They are making it just business. Even fighters started to make HUGE game plans for not to "LOOOSE" not to go out there and give the fans a SHOW!

In each UFC event. How many of the fights end with a Decision?????? In PRIDE I remember that they hardly went there. There was fights, KO, stombs and other interesting things. Now, we have to wait for JBJ or AS to see a fight, most of the rest not all of them just give us slam slam fights not STAND AND BANG!

Thats why:
1- Wanderli is a master in giving a show,
2- Fedor too,
3- The old Sho Gun,
4- Rampage,
5- JBJ,
6- Condit,
7- Henderson,
8- Loyoto
9- Cain,
10- Carpenter,
11- Brian Stan,
12- and for sure the Great Anderson Silva.

These are the fighters (at least the ones I can remember till now) that always gives us show. Most of the rest we hear:

And the Winner is by Unanimous Decision "Bugs Bunny" !!!
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,892
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3z View Post
^
Shame on the sport! They are making it just business. Even fighters started to make HUGE game plans for not to "LOOOSE" not to go out there and give the fans a SHOW!

In each UFC event. How many of the fights end with a Decision?????? In PRIDE I remember that they hardly went there. There was fights, KO, stombs and other interesting things. Now, we have to wait for JBJ or AS to see a fight, most of the rest not all of them just give us slam slam fights not STAND AND BANG!

Thats why:
1- Wanderli is a master in giving a show,
2- Fedor too,
3- The old Sho Gun,
4- Rampage,
5- JBJ,
6- Condit,
7- Henderson,
8- Loyoto
9- Cain,
10- Carpenter,
11- Brian Stan,
12- and for sure the Great Anderson Silva.

These are the fighters (at least the ones I can remember till now) that always gives us show. Most of the rest we hear:

And the Winner is by Unanimous Decision "Bugs Bunny" !!!
"Standing and banging" is not MMA. The sport has evolved past the pride days. If you want to see "Standing and banging" go watch K1 or a bunch of drunk idiots get in a bar fight.

It has very little to do with "not wanting to lose" and more to do with the skill level equaling out (on most fights). Not to mention I'm highly suspect of certain pride matchups made specifically so that one guy would get completely dominated.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
rul3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Babylon
Posts: 495
rul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the roughrul3z is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
"Standing and banging" is not MMA. The sport has evolved past the pride days. If you want to see "Standing and banging" go watch K1 or a bunch of drunk idiots get in a bar fight.

It has very little to do with "not wanting to lose" and more to do with the skill level equaling out (on most fights). Not to mention I'm highly suspect of certain pride matchups made specifically so that one guy would get completely dominated.
I didn't mean that if they have to "stand", and for sure it has evolved and has more skills.

But, ....

MMA isn't "Hugging and Kissing" too! And that’s what most of the decisions come out from!
__________________
Fedor Emelianenko: The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up

Fedor Emelianenko | Anderson Silva | Junior Dos Santos | Lyoto Machida | Carlos Condit | Frankie Edgar | Erick Silva
rul3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Big_Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 869
Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
MMA is in a weird spot right now. Has Dana done a lot for the sport, yes. I think to really get it mainstream though, he may very well not be the guy for the task.

He holds grudges and has a crazy amount of ill regard towards fighters because he:

a) Cannot sign them
b) Doesn't like them Personally
c) Doesn't get his way

I hope I get to see Overeem vs. Fedor in Dream, that's my last fantasy match I need.

Women's MMA may very well be killed off because of White's ignorance. Put some damn money and incentive in and you'll get talent from the woodwork. For people to say they aren't excited to see Coenen, Cyborg, Carano, Shinashi, Kaufman, etc, etc. that's just ignorance.

It's a sad day when "Business is usual" and shit hits the fan. I'm sad to say it, but it really sucks to be an MMA fan right now. I haven't every felt this way about the sport since I started seriously watching, researching and following in 1993.
__________________
R.I.P. PRIDE FC

Fedor-Shogun-Overeem-Cro Cop-Silva-Gomi-Henderson-Jackson

2014 NPFFL

Jon Jones . Travis Browne . Demian Maia. Cain Velasquez. Fabricio Werdum
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant future
It isn't because of ignorance, it's because their aren't enough women to really take notice yet. I like watching womens' MMA but he does make a point about it not really being relevant yet because of depth. I'm finding myself defending Dana a little too much lately. What's wrong with me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Charm View Post
MMA is in a weird spot right now. Has Dana done a lot for the sport, yes. I think to really get it mainstream though, he may very well not be the guy for the task.

He holds grudges and has a crazy amount of ill regard towards fighters because he:

a) Cannot sign them
b) Doesn't like them Personally
c) Doesn't get his way

I hope I get to see Overeem vs. Fedor in Dream, that's my last fantasy match I need.

Women's MMA may very well be killed off because of White's ignorance. Put some damn money and incentive in and you'll get talent from the woodwork. For people to say they aren't excited to see Coenen, Cyborg, Carano, Shinashi, Kaufman, etc, etc. that's just ignorance.

It's a sad day when "Business is usual" and shit hits the fan. I'm sad to say it, but it really sucks to be an MMA fan right now. I haven't every felt this way about the sport since I started seriously watching, researching and following in 1993.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios