Wristlocks - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Grappling Technique Grappling discussion area.

Reply

Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
courtney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bradford, England
Posts: 17
courtney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Yeah, very hard to land with any kind of grappling glove on, but still very good to know for a quick end to a streetfight.
i love wrist locks the hert like hell and are very affective in a street fight if someone pushes you or tries to grab you
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
courtney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bradford, England
Posts: 17
courtney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[quote=doublelegtakedown]I like them a lot. someone on another forum says this
" if somone is grabbing ur shirt really hard. there is no way in hell u can get there hands of ur shirt not alone the wristlock."
lol, i want to see an aikido practiconer get him in one.


would you use two hands from here to finish it or strike with the other?

Wrist Locks: Kote Gaeshi[/QU

i would use 2 hands 2 take him to the floor and then do a shoulder arm lock to finish it it would hert more with a dislocated shoulder
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,251
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney
i would use 2 hands 2 take him to the floor and then do a shoulder arm lock to finish it it would hert more with a dislocated shoulder
I assume you're just talking about the traditional Aikido pin, which works great if you know how to do it. I, personally, would finish Kote Gaishi with an omoplata, but that's just me.

The big wristlock in alot of Aikido schools is Nikkyo. Like I have said, I have actually used Nikkyo to break wrists in streetfights. It's pretty damn effective.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
courtney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bradford, England
Posts: 17
courtney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I assume you're just talking about the traditional Aikido pin, which works great if you know how to do it. I, personally, would finish Kote Gaishi with an omoplata, but that's just me.

The big wristlock in alot of Aikido schools is Nikkyo. Like I have said, I have actually used Nikkyo to break wrists in streetfights. It's pretty damn effective.
i do traditional jujitsu, i would only use 2 hands because you can get more pressure on the wrist and break it before they hit the floor, i would use a shoulder arm lock after just 2 prove that martial arts work in street fights
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,251
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney
i do traditional jujitsu, i would only use 2 hands because you can get more pressure on the wrist and break it before they hit the floor, i would use a shoulder arm lock after just 2 prove that martial arts work in street fights
Fair enough. There's also the lateral keylock finish from here, as well as the straight over-the-shoulder traditional JJ lock, which is probably what you're talking about.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios