My first Grappling Tournament - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Grappling Technique Grappling discussion area.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
MMAnWEED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 910
                     
My first Grappling Tournament

This march I'm participating in my first grappling tournament. It's a grapplers quest tournament here in NJ and I'm currently signed up as a blue belt in the absolute division however I am very close to earning my purple belt. Regardless, do you guys have any tips on how to mentally and physically prepare myself in grappling guys that could be much faster or much bigger than me? Also, any tips on how to deal with your nerves beforehand?
MMAnWEED is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,100
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAnWEED View Post
This march I'm participating in my first grappling tournament. It's a grapplers quest tournament here in NJ and I'm currently signed up as a blue belt in the absolute division however I am very close to earning my purple belt. Regardless, do you guys have any tips on how to mentally and physically prepare myself in grappling guys that could be much faster or much bigger than me? Also, any tips on how to deal with your nerves beforehand?
Hehe well regarding the nerves I dunno but judging from your name.... =P it could work, seems to work fine for th Diaz brothers atleast.

mmaswe82 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Almost a purple but have never competed? Why is that?




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
THE MAULER
 
Leakler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 686
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
Almost a purple but have never competed? Why is that?
I was thinking the same actually. Best of luck mate, hope you do well!
Leakler is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
MMAnWEED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 910
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaswe82 View Post
Hehe well regarding the nerves I dunno but judging from your name.... =P it could work, seems to work fine for th Diaz brothers atleast.
You know I used to smoke before some of my wrestling matches in HS and you could say I was pretty successful haha it's definitely a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
Almost a purple but have never competed? Why is that?
That was exactly my thought this new years. Think of it as my new years resolution to finally start competing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakler View Post
I was thinking the same actually. Best of luck mate, hope you do well!
Appreciate it man!
MMAnWEED is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Good thing about BJJ is you don't have to worry about size, BJJ is a discipline which was created exactly for that reason; to deal with people bigger than you. Just calm down and enjoy, I am sure you will have fun win or lose.

P.S You need to do way more tournaments !

Intermission is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Good thing about BJJ is you don't have to worry about size, BJJ is a discipline which was created exactly for that reason; to deal with people bigger than you. Just calm down and enjoy, I am sure you will have fun win or lose.

P.S You need to do way more tournaments !




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome