MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Grappling Technique (http://www.mmaforum.com/grappling-technique/)
-   -   what was i thinking (http://www.mmaforum.com/grappling-technique/9917-what-i-thinking.html)

kishiro 03-04-2007 12:38 PM

what was i thinking
 
yesterday morning at judo during randori, i was getting thrown with a big ippon seoinage, during the throw i felt i can go with this throw real hard and land on my feet, and not my back. things did not workout the way i planed. i went with the throw and landed on the sole of one foot under my butt kinda, but the impact was one of the hardest i have ever felt, it was probally due to such a retared fall i made myself take trying to do a hero move, but now i feel i may have a hairline or a seperation around my talonavicular joint-calcaneocubiod joint(i looked this up online, and got a picture of where it hurts), now i am walking around like ther are pins in my foot, sucks with cupertino next sunday, i hope it is nothing..
so basiclly just take the fall it is only practice is something i taught myself....

kishiro 03-04-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watitdo
^ hahahahaha sucker..

wow you just gave me a flash back... while you sit down where it is safe.

YouTube - Matt Serra and Marc Laimon Argue

IronMan 03-04-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishiro
wow you just gave me a flash back... while you sit down where it is safe.

YouTube - Matt Serra and Marc Laimon Argue

Awesome. I still think that Marc Laimon should fight Matt Serra. I'd pay so much more for that than for Matt getting kicked in the head by GSP.

AS for your spill... training is the time to do that kind of stuff. You don't want to do it in competition or on the street, so if you think something is going to work you should try it on the mat.

I've missed dozens of submissions in training. I've given up my back thinking that I could get out of positions. It's how you learn and training should be an environment where that's cool with everybody. Not that they won't laugh at you, but that you won't get a leg broken.

kishiro 03-04-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMan
Awesome. I still think that Marc Laimon should fight Matt Serra. I'd pay so much more for that than for Matt getting kicked in the head by GSP.

AS for your spill... training is the time to do that kind of stuff. You don't want to do it in competition or on the street, so if you think something is going to work you should try it on the mat.

I've missed dozens of submissions in training. I've given up my back thinking that I could get out of positions. It's how you learn and training should be an environment where that's cool with everybody. Not that they won't laugh at you, but that you won't get a leg broken.

stupid move with onlya week before a tournament

EC_Raider_07 03-04-2007 07:43 PM

"Just take the fall" was the first thing I learned in Judo. =P

Back on subject; Sucks that it happened. There will be other tournements, though. And @ least you know you need to work on it.

kishiro 03-04-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EC_Raider_07
"Just take the fall" was the first thing I learned in Judo. =P

Back on subject; Sucks that it happened. There will be other tournements, though. And @ least you know you need to work on it.

i usually take the fall, but for some reason (first time in 13 years) i had the sudden instinct to throw myself with the throw to try to beat the throw. i still swear i could do it, and i will try again later

Judoka 03-06-2007 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watitdo
Quit acting like a *****. *****.

Better watch out Kishiro dont mess with this guy hes e-tough.

But really Watito...shut the **** up.



But hahaha yeah ive had that happen aswell but in rugby and in a different way but i still walked like you did and for several days...painful.

xbrokenshieldx 03-06-2007 02:42 AM

haha thats what makes judo so great.. your about to get thrown and your like "hey, i should try this crazy impossible move" and next thing you know your elbow is hangin out by your shoulder

xbrokenshieldx 03-06-2007 02:44 AM

i feel like watitdo probably doesnt even know what judo is.. he thinks judo is a chopping martial arts created by the international man of mystery

northcoastmma 03-13-2007 09:40 PM

something similar happened to me at a greco-roman wrestling camp and i walked around with head tilted to the right for like three days cause i came down funny on my neck. but like ironman said its how you learn what to do and what not. usually what not to do though is a bit more painful.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2