New here - From the UG - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Introductions & Greets Take the time and introduce yourself to other members of MMAForum.Com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 47
                     
New here - From the UG

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and get a feel for this forum. Can anyone else compare the feel of this forum to what the UG offers? Is there as much trolling and alt accounts? Are the rules here a bit more strict?

Thanks
WatchinMMA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Featherweight
 
ASKREN4WIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,070
                     
No. This place is cool. I used to post on Sherdog and those people are quacks, including the mods. People here are mostly respectful and the mods do a good job keeping order. And trolls get shut down quickly.

Welcome aboard.

Watch out though, there are people here who will negative rep you just because you do not agree with there point of view.

Fav Fighters:
BJ
GSP
Askren
JDS
Belcher
Shogun
Fedor
Hendo
Sonnen
ASKREN4WIN is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 47
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKREN4WIN View Post
No. This place is cool. I used to post on Sherdog and those people are quacks, including the mods. People here are mostly respectful and the mods do a good job keeping order. And trolls get shut down quickly.

Welcome aboard.

Watch out though, there are people here who will negative rep you just because you do not agree with there point of view.
Ahh thanks bro, good to hear. I definitely will disagree with people here im sure, hopefully you dont get banned from rep points. There are a ton of weirdos on the UG too, especially the fedor nuthuggers there. Good to have a UFC board so I can avoid most of that nonsense
WatchinMMA is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Featherweight
 
demoman993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,040
                     
Welcome to the board. There are lots of good posters here that contribute a lot and the mods don't put up with a lot of BS. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Check out the new MMA Forum app for the Android
demoman993 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchinMMA View Post
Ahh thanks bro, good to hear. I definitely will disagree with people here im sure, hopefully you dont get banned from rep points. There are a ton of weirdos on the UG too, especially the fedor nuthuggers there. Good to have a UFC board so I can avoid most of that nonsense
werent you the dude making 100s of anti fedor posts everywhere?

ug is a good site tbh. if you cant respect the goats of the sport, im pretty sure you inevitably run into issues

Last edited by lolwut; 04-27-2012 at 02:53 PM.
lolwut is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 47
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
werent you the dude making 100s of anti fedor posts everywhere?

ug is a good site tbh. if you cant respect the goats of the sport, im pretty sure you inevitably run into issues
the issue I had was the UG pumping this guy every chance they get. After looking around at other forums it became even more clear the nonsense that was going on there. Every single day there is at least one official UG news thread about how fedor is thinking about taking a dump that day. anyways very glad to be a part of a site that does not cater to the trolls
WatchinMMA is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchinMMA View Post
the issue I had was the UG pumping this guy every chance they get. After looking around at other forums it became even more clear the nonsense that was going on there. Every single day there is at least one official UG news thread about how fedor is thinking about taking a dump that day. anyways very glad to be a part of a site that does not cater to the trolls
bygones eh. i dont believe in past lives so your record on the ug is immaterial really.

however for what its worth....the reality is that fedor, silva and gsp have earned their press and credit. they have also earned their fans. if people go on anti fedor trolls or anti silva trolls etc, they will meet opposition wherever they go.

people will post and write about these guys because they are legends and because people will read.

i get that you dont like a fighter or that you dont particularly want to read about him, but others do and the reality is thats mma.

there are literally 100s of american fighters and ufc fighters around. not every article is always going to be about them.

thats my opinion anyways.

welcome and better luck i suppose.
lolwut is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 47
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
bygones eh. i dont believe in past lives so your record on the ug is immaterial really.

however for what its worth....the reality is that fedor, silva and gsp have earned their press and credit. they have also earned their fans. if people go on anti fedor trolls or anti silva trolls etc, they will meet opposition wherever they go.

people will post and write about these guys because they are legends and because people will read.

i get that you dont like a fighter or that you dont particularly want to read about him, but others do and the reality is thats mma.

there are literally 100s of american fighters and ufc fighters around. not every article is always going to be about them.

thats my opinion anyways.

welcome and better luck i suppose.
thanks bro. I had a great time on the UG while I was there and was a member since 2005. Things just got too stupid. Anywhere else I look fedor threads are buried.

This place already looks great.. I just wish it had an iphone app
WatchinMMA is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchinMMA View Post
thanks bro. I had a great time on the UG while I was there and was a member since 2005. Things just got too stupid. Anywhere else I look fedor threads are buried.

This place already looks great.. I just wish it had an iphone app
well thats because he is the goat motherf****



seriously though. if you like fighter a b or c its probably better to read and make threads about them rather than developing an aversion to others.

youl always find what you are looking for in the end. if you want to write and read about silva then thats easy. if you want to avoid mentions of other guys then thats hard. whoever you like as a fighter has fans and also probably has massive neutral interest if they are any good. but so does the other guy too.

i have no standing here so im not talking for the site, but it goes that way all over the internet in general.

silva in particular is in for a rollercoater ride of publicity over the next couple of months. we could have everything from retirement to people saying he was over rated on one hand and people screaming for a superfight with jones on the other and posting matrix style gifs all over the internet.

as for the ug, if you have been there for that long then i think its sad you left whatever the circumstances and i hope you mend that bridge eventually.
lolwut is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Welterweight
 
Calibretto9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,218
                     
Never been a part of another MMA board but this one is my MMA forum home. Good posters, good people (for the most part).
Calibretto9 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome