What's up everyone?
I watched some of the first UFCs when I was real young, and then came back to it when it got really popular again, but I am no bandwagoner
I was a big boxing fan, but with the demise of Mike Tyson and then my next favorite, Roy Jones, there wasn't really anything to get into. The last boxing PPV I bought was when Tyson retired mid-fight, and after that I decided to start getting the UFC PPVs again. I have now watched every PPV UFC for the last year and a half, although I missed the USA vs. Canada one for some reason... The amount of fights is much better than a 60 dollar boxing PPV with three fights, and the thing I really like about UFC ppvs is they fill up the time with the preliminary fights if necessary, which sometimes, aren't too bad.
As far as MMA itself, I don't train or anything. I do plan to get an Everlast setup in my new house, just to toughen myself up and stress relief. I always wanted to fight but I don't really have it in me other than for self-defense purposes.
I love the UFC, I'm not really a fan of Pride, and I haven't watched any k1 stuff. I just watched the WFA debut, and it was ok. Maybe worth the 30 dollars, but hard to say.
I'm always a fan of the stand up guys, but not like the last fight with Tim Sylvia and Arlovski type of fights, that was hard to watch. I was a big Gracie fan but Hughes really dismantled him. Here's who I like:
Nick Diaz (not a favorite or anything but I like his sprawl)
Forrest Griffin (I know, but I thought he held his own against Tito)
There's plenty more. A little background to see if I fit in here
1. I do think the Ortiz Shamrock fight was stopped early. shamrock would have still ended up losing, but I think it could have gone further.
2. I think Griffin should have won against Ortiz
3. I wish Frank Mir could come back to life
4. I don't really mind Joe Rogan. I hate his voice and his favoritism but I think he knows more than some other goober in his place.
5. I think Matt Lindland totally beat Quinton Jackson in the WFA ppv.
6. Favorite knockout had to be Nate Quarry getting stomped by Rich Franklin because of the rigor mortis leg popup, hilarious, or the guy who is really tan, i forget his name, but he knocked out a bigger black guy with a flying knee to open the 2nd round. It was awesome.
7. Favorite submission is probably the kimura just cuz it looks the most painful to me
8. The next person I'd like to see lose is Diego Sanchez, just because he needs to lose sometime soon.
Other than that, looking forward to bs'ing with you guys. MMA is definitely filling my boxing void these days... even the woman loves it (She's a chuck liddel fan.)