hello hello - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Introductions & Greets Take the time and introduce yourself to other members of MMAForum.Com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
-nasty-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: iraq
Posts: 14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
I am in Melbourne/Palm Bay area.

I have NO PROBLEM with my tax money going to my soldiers rather then anyone else, chit as far as I am concerned I rather see ALL of the welfare money going to the solders as well rather then some lazy fat a$$ bumb who cannot get off the couch to find work--- AGAIN thatís just my very personal view.

I have never served in the military and that is my only regret in life now I am to old to change that, BUT if the opportunity ever came, I be the first one in line.
hahha me to, i could use a pay raise!


to old my ass, if ur in shape and have the drive, DO IT!

check all ur options, guard, reserves, navy, marines, army, air force, coast guard.

we got dudes from nam still in, so u cant tell me ur too old unless u where in highschool with jesus

"Now reach up into the stratosphere and reclaim your wig, and sit back for the rest of the flavor"
-nasty- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Lightweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,602
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
I am in Melbourne/Palm Bay area.

I have NO PROBLEM with my tax money going to my soldiers rather then anyone else, chit as far as I am concerned I rather see ALL of the welfare money going to the solders as well rather then some lazy fat a$$ bumb who cannot get off the couch to find work--- AGAIN that’s just my very personal view.

I have never served in the military and that is my only regret in life now I am to old to change that, BUT if the opportunity ever came, I be the first one in line.
I used to live down in Palm Bay near Malabar/Emerson. Small world.

Edit: The Army/Guard accept people up to around 45 right now. All you need is a waiver showing that you are physically capable to do the job you sign up for. You probably wouldn't be allowed to serve in a combat role if you're in your 40s, but you could do just about everything else. The signing bonus' these days are pretty awesome also. I'll be getting $20k once I'm done with OCS.

Scarecrow is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by -nasty- View Post
hahha me to, i could use a pay raise!


to old my ass, if ur in shape and have the drive, DO IT!

check all ur options, guard, reserves, navy, marines, army, air force, coast guard.

we got dudes from nam still in, so u cant tell me ur too old unless u where in highschool with jesus
YOU ARE CHITTING ME???? OH MY GOD< MY DREAM COME TRUE---I am gonna look into that for sure--- I thought once you hit the 40 mark you could not join--- I am not in very good shape, BUT I am healthy and would have NO problem getting in shape--- time to pull out the running shoes again---

Dang any links/info/help you can provide?
Satori is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I used to live down in Palm Bay near Malabar/Emerson. Small world.

Edit: The Army/Guard accept people up to around 45 right now. All you need is a waiver showing that you are physically capable to do the job you sign up for. You probably wouldn't be allowed to serve in a combat role if you're in your 40s, but you could do just about everything else. The signing bonus' these days are pretty awesome also. I'll be getting $20k once I'm done with OCS.
DANG I am excited---

LOL, I live right off of Malabar and Eldron, small world indeed, if you ever find your self around these parts-- holla at me, we can have a few cold ones or something.

O
Satori is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
-nasty-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: iraq
Posts: 14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
YOU ARE CHITTING ME???? OH MY GOD< MY DREAM COME TRUE---I am gonna look into that for sure--- I thought once you hit the 40 mark you could not join--- I am not in very good shape, BUT I am healthy and would have NO problem getting in shape--- time to pull out the running shoes again---

Dang any links/info/help you can provide?
army.com
goarmy.com
nationalguard.com


go to the local recruting station


BUT DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!

sign anything without telling one of us about what they are promising you, cause we will tell u the truth, and they (recruiters) will fill u with BS

if i was you i would look into the national guard, they have alot more leway on stuff, and have lower standards to get in (age wavers and stuff)

"Now reach up into the stratosphere and reclaim your wig, and sit back for the rest of the flavor"

Last edited by -nasty-; 10-31-2008 at 05:03 PM.
-nasty- is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Lightweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,602
                     
You looking for active duty or reserve/national guard?

Also, what type of job? Do you have a skill/trade that you might want or be able to continue with if the military has an equivalent position?

Scarecrow is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by -nasty- View Post
army.com
nationalguard.com


go to the local recruting station


BUT DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!

sign anything without telling one of us about what they are promising you, cause we will tell u the truth, and they (recruiters) will fill u with BS

OK---
Satori is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Lightweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,602
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by -nasty- View Post
army.com
nationalguard.com


go to the local recruting station


BUT DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!

sign anything without telling one of us about what they are promising you, cause we will tell u the truth, and they (recruiters) will fill u with BS
Agreed!

Scarecrow is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
You looking for active duty or reserve/national guard?

Also, what type of job? Do you have a skill/trade that you might want or be able to continue with if the military has an equivalent position?
I work for Harris Corp. right at the time---BUT--- I am certifiable welder, worked erecting steel and boy I have done about any honest job out there and I am willing to do about any job thats honest---

It more then likely would be National Guard/Reserves in that order IF I can, to be honest I just realy want to say and be proud of serving my country its one of those things that realy itches me because I didnt do it.


Man--- I just hi-jacked your thread---sorry about that.
O
Satori is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Lightweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,602
                     
The guard would probably be your best option then. You seem like somebody who has a good job, a family, and most likely is well established down in that area. An active duty enlistment would have you being stationed God knows where.

With the guard, you would only be required to drill one weekend a month and two weeks during the summer. Your job would be limited to what units are in your area, but in Florida there are somewhere around 15-20 different locations that you could be stationed...and it's all your choice. You could get assigned to a unit near Melbourne and never have to worry about being relocated unless you requested it.

Keep in mind though that Iraq and Afghanistan aren't finished yet, and there is a chance that you could get called up for a tour over there. Guard units are always notified well in advance of any deployments, so you would want to check what units would be deploying next if you are hesitant about going overseas right away.

Scarecrow is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome