MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Introductions & Greets (http://www.mmaforum.com/introductions-greets/)
-   -   Amateur female mma fighter here (http://www.mmaforum.com/introductions-greets/84975-amateur-female-mma-fighter-here.html)

Ashes2Ashes 12-06-2010 07:48 PM

Amateur female mma fighter here
 
I'm Ashley and I'm currently a college student working part-time at Starbucks. When I'm not studying or whipping up various coffee drinks for customers, I'm usually in the gym training hard. My main goal right now is to try break into the sport. I know I could be a great fighter if given the opportunity. :thumb02:

G_Land 12-06-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashes2Ashes (Post 1315289)
I'm Ashley and I'm currently a college student working part-time at Starbucks. When I'm not studying or whipping up various coffee drinks for customers, I'm usually in the gym training hard. My main goal right now is to try break into the sport. I know I could be a great fighter if given the opportunity. :thumb02:


Hi Ashley welcome to the forum!!! If you have any questions dont think twice about asking!!!! This is a great place full of some smart people! Congrats on wanting to break into competing how long have you trained?

Ashes2Ashes 12-06-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Land (Post 1315308)
Hi Ashley welcome to the forum!!! If you have any questions dont think twice about asking!!!! This is a great place full of some smart people! Congrats on wanting to break into competing how long have you trained?

Hey thanks :) Well I knew I wanted to do this back when I was 15 and I'm about to turn 21 in a couple months so I have been training for about 6 years now. Technically, I started taking Jiu Jitsu classes with my brother when we were 8 so that was where I got my start in martial arts. :thumb02: Since then I also started training in Krava Maga, Muay Thai, wrestling and boxing. :thumb02:

I came here to see about getting some advice on breaking into mma and maybe some training tips. :)

G_Land 12-06-2010 08:40 PM

I see I see does anybody else from your gym fight? My trainer usually sets up the fights. If thats what you are asking.

Ashes2Ashes 12-06-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Land (Post 1315340)
I see I see does anybody else from your gym fight? My trainer usually sets up the fights. If thats what you are asking.

Yeah my trainer set me up with some local fights but what I'm wondering is how people get beyond just the local fights and move on to bigger and better things. And eventually being signed by a major mma organization, which is my main goal. My biggest worry is spending several years working these local fights and never getting a chance to really prove myself. To be honest, most of the locals (men included) where I live aren't great fighters. I suppose I may have to consider moving to a different city/state to pursue this.

G_Land 12-06-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashes2Ashes (Post 1315353)
Yeah my trainer set me up with some local fights but what I'm wondering is how people get beyond just the local fights and move on to bigger and better things. And eventually being signed by a major mma organization, which is my main goal. My biggest worry is spending several years working these local fights and never getting a chance to really prove myself. To be honest, most of the locals (men included) where I live aren't great fighters. I suppose I may have to consider moving to a different city/state to pursue this.


Thats something to take up with your trainer again. Tell him to step up the caliber of show. Where are you from? Get a couple more fights under your belt with a bigger promotion and go pro. Get your videos out to the bigger promotions and get some sponsors. Sometime you have to take it in your own hands.

swpthleg 12-07-2010 12:22 AM

Welcome to the forum.

K R Y 12-07-2010 04:21 AM

Welcome to the forum :) Enjoy your stay.

Budhisten 12-07-2010 12:00 PM

Welcome indeed, great having some actual fighters in here and not just hippies like myself :P

Ashes2Ashes 12-08-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Land (Post 1315368)
Thats something to take up with your trainer again. Tell him to step up the caliber of show. Where are you from? Get a couple more fights under your belt with a bigger promotion and go pro. Get your videos out to the bigger promotions and get some sponsors. Sometime you have to take it in your own hands.

I'm from Indiana. Yeah, I suppose you're right. I've been thinking about taking control of the situation myself, I just wasn't sure where to start.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2