MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Japanese MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/)
-   -   Dear Andre "Dida" Amade (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/32978-dear-andre-dida-amade.html)

bbjd7 03-15-2008 12:23 PM

Dear Andre "Dida" Amade
 
Dida this is a letter from your biggest fan on this forum and one of your biggest fans period. YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR GROUND GAME. Sure your TDD isn't good but you are to aggressive to have great TDD anyway. However if you are going to be the top 10 LW I know you are you need a ground game. It doesn't have to be great just enough so you don't get pounded out or subbed everytime you go to the ground. In fact what you did early in your fight with Alvarez looked to be a start but then when Alvarez started pounding on you he was passing your guard without even trying. Andre your brother was/is one of the most respected BJJ coaches in Canada, Your co owners of a gym with two guys with very good ground games yet yours looks like sh*t.

I'm going to go hang out with Filho for a little bit because your latest fight has hit me hard but please I'm sure you will be fighting again soon and when you do please please have some sort of a defensive ground game.

j.farrell 03-15-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 496193)
Dida this is a letter from your biggest fan on this forum and one of your biggest fans period. YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR GROUND GAME. Sure your TDD isn't good but you are to aggressive to have great TDD anyway. However if you are going to be the top 10 LW I know you are you need a ground game. It doesn't have to be great just enough so you don't get pounded out or subbed everytime you go to the ground. In fact what you did early in your fight with Alvarez looked to be a start but then when Alvarez started pounding on you he was passing your guard without even trying. Andre your brother was/is one of the most respected BJJ coaches in Canada, Your co owners of a gym with two guys with very good ground games yet yours looks like sh*t.

I'm going to go hang out with Filho for a little bit because your latest fight has hit me hard but please I'm sure you will be fighting again soon and when you do please please have some sort of a defensive ground game.

Sorry about your boy bro. He'll be back.

Aaronyman 03-15-2008 02:02 PM

yeh he really took a solid ass whooping on the ground....man he ate alot of mf'n shots:confused05:

Fedor>all 03-15-2008 02:02 PM

lol, looks like your Dida hype train just crashed bbjd, so much for him winning the tourney. :dunno:

kds13 03-15-2008 02:55 PM

He'll be back, bbjd7, he'll be back. :sad02:

vandalian 03-15-2008 02:56 PM

Somehow I knew Alvarez was gonna pull this off. I don't know how I knew, but I did. He looks good down at lightweight, doesn't he?

But you're right bbjd, Dida needs to work on his defence down there. He's got a ton of potential. He just needs to round things out.

bbjd7 03-15-2008 03:25 PM

Fedor>ALL I actually thought that he would lose his first round match up if he faced a strong wrestler like Kawajiri or Ishida. I didn't realize that Alvarez the asshhole decided to actually use his wrestling for once.

Dida still has some crazy power for 155 and is a lot like a young Wanderlei standing. He is very wild but has a ton of power and when he connects his opponent feels it.

Also the more time that passes since I've seen the fight the more I realize that the guy is only 10 fights into his pro career and has faced a top 5 FW, the #2 P4P fighter IMO, Caol Uno who is very solid, and now a young top WW prospect with a ton of talent.

It's not like he's fighting scrubs however his ground game is a serious problem and he needs to work on it.

sirdilznik 03-15-2008 04:30 PM

I agree bbjd7. Dida got exposed, but he got exposed against a really tough dude (Eddie) and also against possibly he best LW in the world (JZ). He's got time to improve on the ground to compete against the top tier guys but I got faith he'll fill in the holes in his game. The stand up part of that fight was awesome. Eddie Alvarez is no joke on his feet either.

holden636 03-15-2008 04:57 PM

He really does need to put some time in on the ground. I did not think he looked that bad but Alvarez just exploited him weakness (which happens to be his own strength). Chute Box fighters just always want it to stay on the feet so they can fight recklessly. They all need to learn to use more strategy.

Fedor>all 03-15-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 496326)
Fedor>ALL I actually thought that he would lose his first round match up if he faced a strong wrestler like Kawajiri or Ishida. I didn't realize that Alvarez the asshhole decided to actually use his wrestling for once.

Well, his boxing and his wrestling have always been his bread and butter. Eddie was a two-time All-American highschool wrestler, and Dida is known for his striking power. Why would Eddie not take advantage of a glaring weakness in Andre's game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 496326)
Dida still has some crazy power for 155 and is a lot like a young Wanderlei standing. He is very wild but has a ton of power and when he connects his opponent feels it.

He's just too wild. You can have all the power in the world, but if you throw everything into your punches, chances are high you're leaving yourself open to being countered with a takedown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 496326)
Also the more time that passes since I've seen the fight the more I realize that the guy is only 10 fights into his pro career and has faced a top 5 FW, the #2 P4P fighter IMO, Caol Uno who is very solid, and now a young top WW prospect with a ton of talent. It's not like he's fighting scrubs however his ground game is a serious problem and he needs to work on it.

I agree, he's fought some tough competition. But you seemed extremely confident in his ability to make Alvarez look foolish:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 481108)
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/...ht-grand-prix/

This is exicting Alverez is a very good fighter to bad he's about to get KO'd

WAR DIDA

BTW I'm hard just thinking about this GP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 481127)
Dida is a better striker than Alvarez and he's better in the clinch so he should win this fight standing. Plus his ground game is improving a lot from what I've read training with Shogun, Veio, and Ninja everyday.

Mid 1st rnd KO by knees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjd7 (Post 488245)
Eddie is still with Elite XC they are allowing him to fight in K-1 GP.

However when he gets KO'd in the first round I think they might regret that decision.


lol. There's nothing wrong with you having optimistic predictions for one of your favourite fighters. I just find it interesting that you were so convinced that he'd be more complete with his training at the Universidade, and your confidence in his improvements completely changed since he got smashed. :dunno:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2