MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Japanese MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/)
-   -   Picks for DREAM.3 (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/35573-picks-dream-3-a.html)

Shamrock-Ortiz 05-03-2008 06:17 AM

Picks for DREAM.3
 
http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1209740976
HEIWA DREAM.3 Lightweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: May 11th, 2008
Place: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Lightweight GP 2nd Round (70 kg):
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA
_________________________________________________

Kawairji bts Buscape (LWGP)
Alvarez bts Hansen(awesome fight LWGP)
Ishida bts Uno (LWGP)
Aoki bts Nagata(still hoping he fights LWGP)
Miller bts Shibata (MWGP)
Manhoef bts Kim Dae Won (MWGP Reserve fight)
Diaz bts Inoue (Welterweight Title Eliminator)
Bukyung bts Nakamura (Lightweight Fight)

I suppose most peoples will be the same, but oh well - the only one really thats probably up and down is Hansen/Alvarez.

Pick your tournament winner for Lightweight and Middleweight aswell. (mine are Kawajiri and...Jacare, I think he can get all his fights on the floor and then they won't be getting back up.

I wish Manhoef vs. Mayhem could happen instead of them fighting a bum each and Manhoef not being in the tourney!:confused03: WTF is that about, Oh well, thats Japanese MMA.

So yeah lets see your picks, I will post How/When later.

Damone 05-03-2008 01:53 PM

Damn, I keep thinking Ishida is facing Buscape for some reason.

Buscape wins a decision against Kawajiri (This is just me being a biased Buscape fan). He was scrappy as hell in their first fight, but damn, Kawajiri turned it up in the final minutes. Realistically, Kawajiri by decision.

Hansen should beat Alvarez by decision. He'll outwrestle him and whatnot.

Ishida will earn a decision against Uno by working him over.

Don't know what's going on with Nagata vs Aoki/JZ/Whoever. If Aoki gets in, then he should sub him.

Miller will easily beat Shibata.

I want a Jung win against Nakamura. Jung by armbar, dammit!

Diaz by TKO.

Manhoef by TKO.

Kawajiri should win this whole thing, since he's the best fighter in the tourney. JZ was my pick, but he's out. Shinya's supposedly out, so who knows. Kawajiri vs Hansen should rule.

I am hoping Buscape beats Kawajiri, though. I love him so much more, and want him to win. Buscape vs Hansen would be awesome.

It's all about Dong at MW.

Arlovski_Fan 05-03-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz (Post 536644)
http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1209740976
HEIWA DREAM.3 Lightweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: May 11th, 2008
Place: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Lightweight GP 2nd Round (70 kg):
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA
_________________________________________________

Kawairji bts Buscape (LWGP)
Alvarez bts Hansen(awesome fight LWGP)
Ishida bts Uno (LWGP)
Aoki bts Nagata(still hoping he fights LWGP)
Miller bts Shibata (MWGP)
Manhoef bts Kim Dae Won (MWGP Reserve fight)
Diaz bts Inoue (Welterweight Title Eliminator)
Bukyung bts Nakamura (Lightweight Fight)

I suppose most peoples will be the same, but oh well - the only one really thats probably up and down is Hansen/Alvarez.

Pick your tournament winner for Lightweight and Middleweight aswell. (mine are Kawajiri and...Jacare, I think he can get all his fights on the floor and then they won't be getting back up.

I wish Manhoef vs. Mayhem could happen instead of them fighting a bum each and Manhoef not being in the tourney!:confused03: WTF is that about, Oh well, thats Japanese MMA.

So yeah lets see your picks, I will post How/When later.

First of all Manhoef is fighting for the 8th spot in the MW tourney, so he IS in it, just couldn't fight immideiatly after getting KO'd by Remy.
Second, I agree with all of your picks except for Hansen vs Alves, as I think Hansen will win. Alves looked good against Dida but I think he is getting over hyped now because of it and Hansen will expose that.
I think Hansen or Ishida will win the LW GP.
I think Jacare or Manhoef will win the MW GP.

silvawand 05-03-2008 02:48 PM

Ditto Damone. That saved me a lot of typing.

Fedor>all 05-03-2008 04:01 PM

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA (I'll wait until I know who is fighting)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Damone (Post 536758)
It's all about Dong at MW.

It's so true, so I glad I chose him as one of my prospects. If he wins, I may just cream my pants.

Shamrock-Ortiz 05-03-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlovski_Fan (Post 536768)
First of all Manhoef is fighting for the 8th spot in the MW tourney, so he IS in it.

No my friend, as things currently stand, he is not.
He is in the reserve fight.

Pyros 05-04-2008 02:02 PM

So Aoki can finally continue the LWGO or it's not confirmed yet? I really want to see Hansen-Alvarez, I really liked Hansen's first fight in the GP against that Krazy Bee guy.

Arlovski_Fan 05-04-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz (Post 536848)
No my friend, as things currently stand, he is not.
He is in the reserve fight.

Sounds like Saku and possibly one more is out though, so he has a good shot of being in next round.

ZeroPRIDE 05-09-2008 11:42 PM

heres hopeing my boy Eddie pulls through.

bbjd7 05-09-2008 11:52 PM

Alvarez
Kawajiri
Ishida

Mayhem
Manhoef
Diaz
and
Bukyung

ATM I think I'm picking Alvarez to win the GP because he is a big guy and is better standing than anyone else left in this GP IMO.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2