Picks for DREAM.3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Japanese MMA Discuss Japanese MMA in here, such as DREAM, Shooto, and World Victory Road and any other Japanese MMA federation.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,963
                     
Picks for DREAM.3

http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1209740976
HEIWA DREAM.3 Lightweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: May 11th, 2008
Place: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Lightweight GP 2nd Round (70 kg):
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA
_________________________________________________

Kawairji bts Buscape (LWGP)
Alvarez bts Hansen(awesome fight LWGP)
Ishida bts Uno (LWGP)
Aoki bts Nagata(still hoping he fights LWGP)
Miller bts Shibata (MWGP)
Manhoef bts Kim Dae Won (MWGP Reserve fight)
Diaz bts Inoue (Welterweight Title Eliminator)
Bukyung bts Nakamura (Lightweight Fight)

I suppose most peoples will be the same, but oh well - the only one really thats probably up and down is Hansen/Alvarez.

Pick your tournament winner for Lightweight and Middleweight aswell. (mine are Kawajiri and...Jacare, I think he can get all his fights on the floor and then they won't be getting back up.

I wish Manhoef vs. Mayhem could happen instead of them fighting a bum each and Manhoef not being in the tourney! WTF is that about, Oh well, thats Japanese MMA.

So yeah lets see your picks, I will post How/When later.

Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 01:53 PM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Damn, I keep thinking Ishida is facing Buscape for some reason.

Buscape wins a decision against Kawajiri (This is just me being a biased Buscape fan). He was scrappy as hell in their first fight, but damn, Kawajiri turned it up in the final minutes. Realistically, Kawajiri by decision.

Hansen should beat Alvarez by decision. He'll outwrestle him and whatnot.

Ishida will earn a decision against Uno by working him over.

Don't know what's going on with Nagata vs Aoki/JZ/Whoever. If Aoki gets in, then he should sub him.

Miller will easily beat Shibata.

I want a Jung win against Nakamura. Jung by armbar, dammit!

Diaz by TKO.

Manhoef by TKO.

Kawajiri should win this whole thing, since he's the best fighter in the tourney. JZ was my pick, but he's out. Shinya's supposedly out, so who knows. Kawajiri vs Hansen should rule.

I am hoping Buscape beats Kawajiri, though. I love him so much more, and want him to win. Buscape vs Hansen would be awesome.

It's all about Dong at MW.

Damone is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Arlovski_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,757
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1209740976
HEIWA DREAM.3 Lightweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: May 11th, 2008
Place: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Lightweight GP 2nd Round (70 kg):
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA
_________________________________________________

Kawairji bts Buscape (LWGP)
Alvarez bts Hansen(awesome fight LWGP)
Ishida bts Uno (LWGP)
Aoki bts Nagata(still hoping he fights LWGP)
Miller bts Shibata (MWGP)
Manhoef bts Kim Dae Won (MWGP Reserve fight)
Diaz bts Inoue (Welterweight Title Eliminator)
Bukyung bts Nakamura (Lightweight Fight)

I suppose most peoples will be the same, but oh well - the only one really thats probably up and down is Hansen/Alvarez.

Pick your tournament winner for Lightweight and Middleweight aswell. (mine are Kawajiri and...Jacare, I think he can get all his fights on the floor and then they won't be getting back up.

I wish Manhoef vs. Mayhem could happen instead of them fighting a bum each and Manhoef not being in the tourney! WTF is that about, Oh well, thats Japanese MMA.

So yeah lets see your picks, I will post How/When later.
First of all Manhoef is fighting for the 8th spot in the MW tourney, so he IS in it, just couldn't fight immideiatly after getting KO'd by Remy.
Second, I agree with all of your picks except for Hansen vs Alves, as I think Hansen will win. Alves looked good against Dida but I think he is getting over hyped now because of it and Hansen will expose that.
I think Hansen or Ishida will win the LW GP.
I think Jacare or Manhoef will win the MW GP.

*_*_*_*_*_UFC FANTASY TEAM*_*_*_*_*
Wanderlei Silva
Evan Tanner
Kenny Florian
Alan Belcher
Alessio Sakara
Arlovski_Fan is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 02:48 PM
The Axe Murderer
 
silvawand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,751
                     
Ditto Damone. That saved me a lot of typing.
silvawand is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Luis Buscape
Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Caol Uno
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. (Shinya Aoki)

Middleweight GP 1st Round Fight (84 kg):
Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Middleweight GP 1st Round Reserve Fight (84 kg):
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kim Dae Won

DREAM Welterweight Championship Eliminator Fight (76 kg):
Nick Diaz vs. Katsuya Inoue

Lightweight Fight (70 kg):
Jung Bukyung vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Featherweight Fight:
Takeshi Yamazaki vs. TBA (I'll wait until I know who is fighting)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
It's all about Dong at MW.
It's so true, so I glad I chose him as one of my prospects. If he wins, I may just cream my pants.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,963
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlovski_Fan View Post
First of all Manhoef is fighting for the 8th spot in the MW tourney, so he IS in it.
No my friend, as things currently stand, he is not.
He is in the reserve fight.

Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
                 
So Aoki can finally continue the LWGO or it's not confirmed yet? I really want to see Hansen-Alvarez, I really liked Hansen's first fight in the GP against that Krazy Bee guy.
Pyros is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Arlovski_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,757
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
No my friend, as things currently stand, he is not.
He is in the reserve fight.
Sounds like Saku and possibly one more is out though, so he has a good shot of being in next round.

*_*_*_*_*_UFC FANTASY TEAM*_*_*_*_*
Wanderlei Silva
Evan Tanner
Kenny Florian
Alan Belcher
Alessio Sakara
Arlovski_Fan is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
heres hopeing my boy Eddie pulls through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Alvarez
Kawajiri
Ishida

Mayhem
Manhoef
Diaz
and
Bukyung

ATM I think I'm picking Alvarez to win the GP because he is a big guy and is better standing than anyone else left in this GP IMO.
bbjd7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome