MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Japanese MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/)
-   -   Jason Miller (http://www.mmaforum.com/japanese-mma/35973-jason-miller.html)

vandalian 05-11-2008 07:42 PM

Jason Miller
 
What the hell were the UFC guys thinking, letting this guy get away?

Sure, he didn't have the best opponent last night, but damn if he isn't one of the most entertaining men in the sport in ANY sport. And he has the jam to back it up, unlike some guys.

I think back to the way he hung in there with GSP, despite the beatdown he was getting, then think of all the other guys who are still there, who GSP made look like they were nothing.

Why wouldn't they do everything they could to keep Miller around. He's skilled, exciting and charismatic. What more could you want?

Oh well, I suppose UFC's loss is Dream's gain, by way of Icon.

So anyway, Miller's a cool cat. Any thoughts?

Arlovski_Fan 05-11-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandalian (Post 543556)
What the hell were the UFC guys thinking, letting this guy get away?

Sure, he didn't have the best opponent last night, but damn if he isn't one of the most entertaining men in the sport in ANY sport. And he has the jam to back it up, unlike some guys.

I think back to the way he hung in there with GSP, despite the beatdown he was getting, then think of all the other guys who are still there, who GSP made look like they were nothing.

Why wouldn't they do everything they could to keep Miller around. He's skilled, exciting and charismatic. What more could you want?

Oh well, I suppose UFC's loss is Dream's gain, by way of Icon.

So anyway, Miller's a cool cat. Any thoughts?

I think they are probably kicking themselves for not getting him when he went to MW. He isn't quite a contender to Silva yet, but I think he could give Franklin and Henderson a run for their money. He actually is a really good fighter, but his showboating makes him seem like a joke.

plazzman 05-11-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlovski_Fan (Post 543570)
I think they are probably kicking themselves for not getting him when he went to MW. He isn't quite a contender to Silva yet, but I think he could give Franklin and Henderson a run for their money. He actually is a really good fighter, but his showboating makes him seem like a joke.

I don't think he's Franklin/Henderson material yet either. He's a fairly small MW, he's got a good ground game and good striking, but the top dogs at MW are pretty tough. I mean Frank Trigg beat the crap out of him.

However, I think he tries a little too hard to be funny. Kinda Jim Carrey-esque, he can tone down the stupid faces and monkey noises, then I'll take him seriously.

AndyHI 05-11-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandalian (Post 543556)
What the hell were the UFC guys thinking, letting this guy get away?

Sure, he didn't have the best opponent last night, but damn if he isn't one of the most entertaining men in the sport in ANY sport. And he has the jam to back it up, unlike some guys.

I think back to the way he hung in there with GSP, despite the beatdown he was getting, then think of all the other guys who are still there, who GSP made look like they were nothing.

Why wouldn't they do everything they could to keep Miller around. He's skilled, exciting and charismatic. What more could you want?

Oh well, I suppose UFC's loss is Dream's gain, by way of Icon.

So anyway, Miller's a cool cat. Any thoughts?

Mayhem is IMO, the most entertaining fighter out there. His entrances, and his off the hook antics in the ring, classic! I love watching him fight. Too bad the UFC didn't keep him, I think he'd be a great fighter to have in any organization. In ICON, he was great, I can see him getting even more popular in DREAM.

PrideFan123 05-11-2008 11:23 PM

He's a solid MW, but I doubt he could beat Henderson. Silva would just completely dominate him from the bell and possibly end his fighting career.

DJ Syko 05-12-2008 08:30 AM

He is really entertaining and i love watching him fight, but i dont think he is even top 10 material, he maybe just scrape it.

But i am a huge fan of he's.

kamikaze145 05-12-2008 09:10 AM

I think he is right around the top 10. When he fights his best I think he is top 10. The UFC could use him because people want to see him fight but its not like they need him or anything. I sure would love me some Mayhem in the UFCs middleweight division though.

Alkhir 05-12-2008 03:41 PM

Does anybody know what he was saying in Japanese after he won??

jasvll 05-12-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkhir (Post 544074)
Does anybody know what he was saying in Japanese after he won??

If I recall right, the translator for HDnet said it was, 'I am a demon, I am a ghost, I am a super monkey!'

And no, I am not kidding.

Alkhir 05-13-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasvll (Post 544087)
If I recall right, the translator for HDnet said it was, 'I am a demon, I am a ghost, I am a super monkey!'

And no, I am not kidding.

What is funny is that I know you are not kidding since it's Miller


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2