Aoki fanboys (spoiler) - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Japanese MMA Discuss Japanese MMA in here, such as DREAM, Shooto, and World Victory Road and any other Japanese MMA federation.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 AM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Aoki is bigger than Sakurai.
What is your point?


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Bantamweight
 
pliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 705
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
His loss to Hansen is hardly proof positive of his skills. When was the last time Penn fought in a tournament and had to fight a fresh fighter after having winning a hard fought decision against a fighter like Caol Uno? That win has meaning of course, but not as much as you are leveling on it.

Also, your "eye test" doesn't mean anything in terms of rankings. For one, it is completely subjective. You definitely have an argument that Penn is more well rounded, but that isn't what the rankings are about. Plus, your opinion that Penn would beat Aoki also means nothing. Aoki beat Eddie Alvarez who a lot of people were arguing would give Penn a run for his money.

All that truly matters are record and recent wins (including the quality of fighters those wins are over).


Aoki, like Penn, only has one loss against a LW and that is to Hansen at the end of a tough tourny. He also has wins over Cavalcante, Hansen, Caol Uno, and Eddie Alvarez. Penn has wins over Sherk, Joe (the perpetual Gatekeeper) Stevenson, and Jens Pulver (who is basically a declining FW).

Aoki's wins at LW are far more impressive than Penns. In fact, Penn's only really impressive win at LW was against Sherk.

The Sakurai fight, no matter what you want to argue due to Sakurai's size, has no bearing on the LW rankings because the fight was at WW. It means zip, squat, zilch, zero.

This man speaks the truth.


BJ might win over Aoki if they fought, something we'll prolly never know, but that doesnt affect the LW rankings at all. Not even close.




pliff is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pliff View Post

This man speaks the truth.


BJ might win over Aoki if they fought, something we'll prolly never know, but that doesnt affect the LW rankings at all. Not even close.
If a fighter hasnt lost at in his weight division in years and dominates everyone he fights. Tehn when you match him up with #2 ranked guy and its clear he would knock that guys head off. It is so clear that BJ is #1. Aoki is a one trick pony, I dont know how anyone of you can stick up for him. Him and BJ arent even on the same level. Bj is a fighter. He punches, kicks, wrestles, has subsissions, has a great chin. Throws down with anyone, inlluding Machida COuld you imagine Aoki trying to trade with Machida He would but scott his ***** ass all over the ring. The dude fights like a bitch, plain and simple. Until he evolves his game, I will continue to hate him with all my heart.

And you guys that think he is the #1 LW just baffle me. IF BJ faught Aoki he would be a 2-1 favorite and would give him a beating. Even Aoki fans know this. But you only argue about AOki being #1 cuz you know they will never fight. Im done with this thread. Bj > Aoki and its not even close.




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 AM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11 View Post
If a fighter hasnt lost at in his weight division in years and dominates everyone he fights. Tehn when you match him up with #2 ranked guy and its clear he would knock that guys head off. It is so clear that BJ is #1. Aoki is a one trick pony, I dont know how anyone of you can stick up for him. Him and BJ arent even on the same level. Bj is a fighter. He punches, kicks, wrestles, has subsissions, has a great chin. Throws down with anyone, inlluding Machida COuld you imagine Aoki trying to trade with Machida He would but scott his ***** ass all over the ring. The dude fights like a bitch, plain and simple. Until he evolves his game, I will continue to hate him with all my heart.

And you guys that think he is the #1 LW just baffle me. IF BJ faught Aoki he would be a 2-1 favorite and would give him a beating. Even Aoki fans know this. But you only argue about AOki being #1 cuz you know they will never fight. Im done with this thread. Bj > Aoki and its not even close.
Haha, this is awesome. This is by far the worst rebuttal to an argument I've ever seen. You didn't even attempt to address anything I said. This looks like game, set, and match for me. Or is this a verbal tapout from you ?

As admitted, you are a hater plain and simple. It actualy amazes me because you must therefore hate royce gracie because he was a "One trick pony" as well.

Dogmatism is never pretty and you sir just showed a really ugly side of yourself


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Still Have My Pride
 
CroCopPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,337
                     
im almost done getting dream 8 and ill post my comments about the fight after

i just love watching this guy fight hes so entertaining and the colors are sooooo pretty

Me so hoe-knee me love aoki long time


CroCopPride is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,656
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11 View Post
And you guys that think he is the #1 LW just baffle me. IF BJ faught Aoki he would be a 2-1 favorite and would give him a beating. Even Aoki fans know this. But you only argue about AOki being #1 cuz you know they will never fight. Im done with this thread. Bj > Aoki and its not even close.
Wow... just wow.

Oh and how is that how the rankings work. In the P4P rankings then your belief that BJ is a better fighter than Aoki factors in but divisional rankings are based on wins and the quality of them. It's got nothing to do with who would be the favourite if they fought.

And yeah... wow.
Bazza89 is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
These guys are right Jdun. I mean there was a time we all decided to rank Nog over Fedor when Fedor was off fighting MWs and freakshow matches and Nog was doign the legitimate thing. I doubt any of us had any doubt as to who would win if they squared off, but thats not how rankings work.
TheNegation is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
name goes here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 3,300
                     
Even if he isn't no 1. He is awesome to watch because of his technique.
name goes here is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
Even if he isn't no 1. He is awesome to watch because of his technique.
Well said sir. I do think he is #1, AND agree that he is awesome to watch


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Terry77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,536
                     
Aoki's grappling in MMA is unbelievable, even adapting some sound wrestling, rubber guard and leg locks. However, it ends there. He doesn't have the best whiskers
Terry77 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome