Jdun's thoughts on Dream 9 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Japanese MMA Discuss Japanese MMA in here, such as DREAM, Shooto, and World Victory Road and any other Japanese MMA federation.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
You guys that are knockin Jose, need to ask your self if for 100 g's, would you fight Hong Man Choi with no training. I say yes now, but I dont know if I would have the balls come fight time.

But Jose went in there, through some shots and landed a big right hand. He even was throwin some decent kicks. At least he didnt pull a Bo Cantrell or Ray Mercer. He was really hurt and had a monster on top of him.

Mad props.




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
I cant believe anyone is giving conseco any credit. He is a piece of trash that makes mma look like a freakshow. I wish he wasnt such a poon and waited until he really got hit before he tapped. Didnt look like Choi landed a single clean shot that could have finished anyone. Thats just my opinion, but what do i know.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
JZ would first round KO Sherk if he tried to box him. Kawajiri's striking has improved greatly the guy looks like a monster now losing in a back and forth fight to him isn't an indictment on JZ.
osmium is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
JZ would first round KO Sherk if he tried to box him. Kawajiri's striking has improved greatly the guy looks like a monster now losing in a back and forth fight to him isn't an indictment on JZ.
Sherk would put JZ on his back with a quickness.




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
I cant believe anyone is giving conseco any credit. He is a piece of trash that makes mma look like a freakshow.
Dude this is a tournament in Japan called the Super Hulk Tournament, the whole tournament is about freakshows and if you think they needed Cansceco to acheive that your just not paying attention.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 AM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11 View Post
Sherk would put JZ on his back with a quickness.
Sherk thinks he's a striker now, so no, he wouldn't put JZ on his back. Sherk would be punching air and eating shots.

Damone is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,896
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
Sherk thinks he's a striker now, so no, he wouldn't put JZ on his back. Sherk would be punching air and eating shots.
This, if you can make the argument that Kid had ring rust, why cant the same be said for JZ? Coming off a year lay off and fighting someone as good as Kawajiri I will give props too.

In your write up Jdun you missed the best fight of the night in Cullum Vs Tokoro, why is this??
e-thug is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11 View Post
You guys that are knockin Jose, need to ask your self if for 100 g's, would you fight Hong Man Choi with no training. I say yes now, but I dont know if I would have the balls come fight time.

But Jose went in there, through some shots and landed a big right hand. He even was throwin some decent kicks. At least he didnt pull a Bo Cantrell or Ray Mercer. He was really hurt and had a monster on top of him.

Mad props.
Yes im 100% sure that i would step in the ring with Hong Choi for 100k. Making a years worth of salary in exchange of getting punched in the face a few times is no biggie what so ever. He did horrible thats all there is to it. He isnt a fighter and has no business being there in the first place.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 29
                     
Can't believe kid lost! To be fair to the guy though, a two year lay off is going to affect anyone's performance. He'll be back to his best soon ..or at least I hope he will.
fujita is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 361
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11 View Post
Sherk would put JZ on his back with a quickness.
I dont know anymore, I like Sherk but he thinks he is a boxer now. If he went back to his old ways he probably would beat JZ but im not sure if he ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-thug View Post
This, if you can make the argument that Kid had ring rust, why cant the same be said for JZ? Coming off a year lay off and fighting someone as good as Kawajiri I will give props too.

In your write up Jdun you missed the best fight of the night in Cullum Vs Tokoro, why is this??
This. JZ is still my favorite lightweight, and I think on any given night he could beat any other lightweight.
MenorcanMadman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome