If the PUJI money doesn't come soon DREAM is done - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Japanese MMA Discuss Japanese MMA in here, such as DREAM, Shooto, and World Victory Road and any other Japanese MMA federation.

Reply

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 285
MatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud ofMatParker116 has much to be proud of
If the PUJI money doesn't come soon DREAM is done

http://www.cagepotato.com/dream-trouble

Quote:
Ever since news of DREAM stiffing a number of fighters of their contracted fight purses including Gary Goodridge, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and featherweight champ Bibiano Fernandes, rumors have been running rampant about how dire of financial difficulty the Japanese promotion is in.

Nightmare of Battle does a great job in summing up exactly what the issues have been for FEG that have led to the company being barely able to keep its head above water.

According to the website, the need for outside investment by PUJI Capital was necessitated by a number of factors related to K-1 and DREAM including:

• Back taxes the company has been paying since former K-1 head, Ishii, was jailed for tax evasion.

• The PRIDE Yakuza/Fuji TV scandal and the Akiyama greasing event lost them sponsors.

• An increase in fight purse amounts.

• A decrease in money earned from its television deals in 2009 which is said to be 30-50% less than FEG earned in 2008.

The story goes on to quote Japanese MMA magazine Kamipro's editor-in-chief Saito who says the non-payment issues have been going on since DREAM's inaugural event in 2008 and that the problem hasn't only affected non-Japanese fighters.

According to Saito, FEG stayed afloat in recent years thanks to the money it received from its TV broadcasts of Dynamite!! events, which could explain why DREAM decided to pull the plug on a March show in Korea after a TV deal fell through at the last minute.

Apparently the PUJI Capital investment deal they were touting as being their secret weapon to defeat the UFC in a global MMA war has taken longer than expected to finalize and if the money that was promised to them by the financial backer doesn't come soon, the organization will be forced to cancel its planned K-1 MAX Koshien and DREAM 16 events.

Saito says if the PUJI deal falls through, the ramifications will be much worse than cancelled shows, it could mean "the end" of FEG.
Sad to hear

where certain fighters will end up if that happens:
Bibiano Fernandes-WEC
Norifumi Yamamoto-WEC
Shinja Aoki-UFC
Joachim Hansen-Sengoku
Tatsuya Kawajiri-UFC

A lot of DREAM's fighters are also Strikeforce fighters with few exceptions.
MatParker116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum "Superhero"
 
Thelegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,487
Thelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World Renown
Quote:
Ever since news of DREAM stiffing a number of fighters of their contracted fight purses including Gary Goodridge, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and featherweight champ Bibiano Fernandes, rumors have been running rampant about how dire of financial difficulty the Japanese promotion is in.

Nightmare of Battle does a great job in summing up exactly what the issues have been for FEG that have led to the company being barely able to keep its head above water.

According to the website, the need for outside investment by PUJI Capital was necessitated by a number of factors related to K-1 and DREAM including:

Back taxes the company has been paying since former K-1 head, Ishii, was jailed for tax evasion.

The PRIDE Yakuza/Fuji TV scandal and the Akiyama greasing event lost them sponsors.

An increase in fight purse amounts.

• A decrease in money earned from its television deals in 2009 which is said to be 30-50% less than FEG earned in 2008.

The story goes on to quote Japanese MMA magazine Kamipro's editor-in-chief Saito who says the non-payment issues have been going on since DREAM's inaugural event in 2008 and that the problem hasn't only affected non-Japanese fighters.

According to Saito, FEG stayed afloat in recent years thanks to the money it received from its TV broadcasts of Dynamite!! events, which could explain why DREAM decided to pull the plug on a March show in Korea after a TV deal fell through at the last minute.

Apparently the PUJI Capital investment deal they were touting as being their secret weapon to defeat the UFC in a global MMA war has taken longer than expected to finalize and if the money that was promised to them by the financial backer doesn't come soon, the organization will be forced to cancel its planned K-1 MAX Koshien and DREAM 16 events.

Saito says if the PUJI deal falls through, the ramifications will be much worse than cancelled shows, it could mean "the end" of FEG.
couple things that stick out there for me. essentially the woes of FEG are because of thier own illegal pratices. it is really hard to dig yourself out of a hole that you dug yourself into. that yakuza and of course that former head ducking taxes can only make any business partner hesitant to make an investment.

somehow i dont think its affected anyone but the non japanese fighters. if it affected other fighters than whats the use hiding it when your title holder is openly complaining about it and not taking title fights because FEG owes him money.

this whole situation stinks. they should focus on becoming a stable entity in japan before they talk about expanding to the global stage. an influx of money wont help if they continue to run business the way they have. they have good young fighters. they can build themselves back up but they need to stop worrying about the UFC and start worrying about paying the fighters that make them relevant.
__________________


JUST SCRAP
Thelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
70seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moncton, Canada
Posts: 1,142
70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice70seven is just really nice
I love Dream but a this point its like cheering for your drugged up older brother, you want him to do the right thing and you know he has it in him but will probably fall back to his old ways and let you down again. That's how I feel about Dream.
__________________
Right kick, Hospital.
Left kick, Cemetery.
-Mirko Cro Cop.
70seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,163
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
Yeah they haven't been that intelligent with events!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,112
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
This is turning into Pride's stillborn baby boy... Beyond the UFC I think this is the organisation I will miss the most if it actually goes under :/

Get smart or get out
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,031
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker116 View Post
http://www.cagepotato.com/dream-trouble



Sad to hear

where certain fighters will end up if that happens:
Bibiano Fernandes-WEC
Norifumi Yamamoto-WEC
Shinja Aoki-UFC
Joachim Hansen-Sengoku
Tatsuya Kawajiri-UFC

A lot of DREAM's fighters are also Strikeforce fighters with few exceptions.
Aoki aint going anywhere near the UFC he cries himself to sleep trying not to think about all those wrestlers who he can't take down and the epic raping BJ would give him is the stuff that keeps him up at night.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,163
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
This is a long shot but I think Antonio Inoki is getting back into the MMA business if DREAM goes under!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
KEYZER-SOZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 428
KEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World RenownKEYZER-SOZE Is World Renown
if dream does go under id really like to see kid yamamoto go back up to lw and try a run through the ufc, but id settle for him the wec.
__________________
But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies- kenny powers
KEYZER-SOZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,163
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
Either that or he is going to Sengoku and rocking it there and stuff!
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
ukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enoughukraineham will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
This is a long shot but I think Antonio Inoki is getting back into the MMA business if DREAM goes under!
If he gets the right people around him, this could actually be a solid move. The Japanese people love Inoki, and they'd probably give his promotion a shot just based on him being involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYZER-SOZE View Post
if dream does go under id really like to see kid yamamoto go back up to lw and try a run through the ufc, but id settle for him the wec.
Jokes are fun. ...You are joking, right?

Kid can hardly compete at FW anymore, and realistically shouldn't be taking any fights above BW, but you think he should make a run at LW?
ukraineham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios